• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Filthy ningen....
tumblr_inline_oesg5raiRe1r5a2yf_500.gif

Goku's new form sounds shit, so suits him perfectly. Hope my boy Vegeta gets a better form once he spends a year or so in clinical depression, shocked that Goku has surpassed him for the 100th time.

There was a guy that wanted to fuck Goku on Gaf, Goku's new form figurines might not be sold in the normal retail lines I fear.

Hahaha, that was my first thought and image as well in my mind. I forgot Whis can use this technique although Vegeta managed to put him in a grapple/hold at one point. According to the wiki, if someone is faster than a fighter who uses self-movement, that faster fighter can get around those automatic reflexes.

Where did wiki get that information from exactly?

I still wouldn't be surprised if Vegeta has mastered the same technique to a certain degree, but it has somehow
manifested in goku more completely.

Also, I kind of see a trend developing slowly but surely in Dragon Ball Super where rather than just raw power (although that will continue to be very important), they seem to be headed in a special skill or mastery direction in terms of people becoming stronger or better fighters.

Xero

i would prefer vegeta power up a new way. having goku and vegeta powering up down different paths would be much more interesting.

Where did wiki get that information from exactly?

I still wouldn't be surprised if Vegeta has mastered the same technique to a certain degree, but it has somehow
manifested in goku more completely.

Also, I kind of see a trend developing slowly but surely in Dragon Ball Super where rather than just raw power (although that will continue to be very important), they seem to be headed in a special skill or mastery direction in terms of people becoming stronger or better fighters.
I wonder what Vegeta's Nen powered Stando would be like?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i would prefer vegeta power up a new way. having goku and vegeta powering up down different paths would be much more interesting.

It's probably better for the series in the long run if everyone gets different power-ups from here on out.

caliph95

Speaking of JoJo
Code:
[img]https://danbooru.donmai.us/data/a31e78ef7e5b1b8dad3a7996378944b5.jpg[/img]
Code:
[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/055/457/34f.jpg[/img]
Code:
[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/276/409/d66.jpg[/img]

It's probably better for the series in the long run if everyone gets different power-ups from here on out.

Which is exactly what Gohan said about wanting to proceed down a different path than his father. This would be a fantastic place for Dragon Ball Super to go. Imagine if Gohan learned that secret energy technique that opponent from Universe 10 used against him along with instant transmission? That'd be fucking insane.

And don't forget Gohan has significantly more stamina than that guy obviously did. With the right mixture of skills Gohan would be outright unstoppable in the right circumstances.

Speaking of JoJo
Code:
[img]https://danbooru.donmai.us/data/a31e78ef7e5b1b8dad3a7996378944b5.jpg[/img]
Code:
[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/055/457/34f.jpg[/img]
Code:
[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/276/409/d66.jpg[/img]

Ha I love these, now I'm trying to think of stand name for Goku.

Also Hit would be perfect for Dio.

redfox088

Banned
Which predictions?
From the Korean jump magazine (apparently they get it early so they can translate it on time). We learn gokus new form still can’t beat jiren and he is badly wounded but not knocked out. Jiren decides to go after hit instead of finishing goku off...in that time goku discovers the “self movement” technique Whis uses in that the body moves and reacts completely by instinct.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
From the Korean jump magazine (apparently they get it early so they can translate it on time). We learn gokus new form still can’t beat jiren and he is badly wounded but not knocked out. Jiren decides to go after hit instead of finishing goku off...in that time goku discovers the “self movement” technique Whis uses in that the body moves and reacts completely by instinct.

Those aren't predictions that's the preview. You said the preview confirmed many predictions, which ones?

I'm pretty sure Hit goes after Jiren, not the other way around.

I have to do a quick hijack to ask a question - a few weeks back, I scored the DVD season 7, 8 & 9 of DBZ for $5. I was pretty stoked. Now, I want to complete the collection.

My question, are the Blu Ray Seasons on Amazon done with the same dub/version that the DVD Seasons use? I believe those DVDs are the set I want, the original Cartoon Network run. Even if not, I've already got three of those, and that is the collection I will be building. At 15-20 a pop, I can't go wrong I feel.

I don't care too much about OMG HD because I'm 100% fine with watching the DVDs. What would you all do? I'm just looking for a few replies, no need to totally derail anything. Sorry, and thanks!

This is all so I can *properly* get in to Super. I'm one of those weird people that has to do all the things in a series in order. I don't care if they aren't really related. I have to.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That's bait

You have no intention of acknowledging we were right

What? I was mostly thinking about the predictions regarding the form which people were the most adamant about.
More importantly the most wrong about
-gokus new form not enough
-hit vs. jiren right after

The second one isn't really a prediction since people were basically just told about it once the episode for that title got out.

NeonZ

Maybe I'm reading the summary wrong, but I think
Goku's new form will be enough, but he'll be down due to the wounds he had before taking the form. I really don't think the new form and the moving without thinking technique will be separate things.
We'll see I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom