• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

Because Vegeta is a NEET.

Because he's royalty :p Nah, you all know I'm fine with Goku getting the power ups, as long as they don't completely trash Vegeta and disregard his development as a character, which is the reason I like him so much in the first place.

HeroR

Because he's royalty :p Nah, you all know I'm fine with Goku getting the power ups, as long as they don't completely trash Vegeta and disregard his development as a character, which is the reason I like him so much in the first place.

I know. I am just making light jokes. You would do the same to me if Goku really was knocked it, so it's all cool.

You're honestly one of the few cool hardcore Vegeta fans I have met. Almost all the ones I know turn to a mound of salt when Goku does anything cool.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I know. I am just making like jokes. You would do the same to me if Goku really was knocked it, so it's all cool.

You're honestly one of the few cool hardcore Vegeta fans I have met. Almost all the ones I know turn to a mound of salt when Goku does anything cool.

They're just following Vegeta the character

HardRojo

I know. I am just making light jokes. You would do the same to me if Goku really was knocked it, so it's all cool.

One of my favorite moments in all of DB is Future Trunks' first arrival, exactly when Goku and him both go SS and star chatting. The sense of mystery during that moment along with Vegeta's palpable anger with himself after seeing 2 Super Saiyans right in front of him made that a great scene for me.

HeroR

One of my favorite moments in all of DB is Future Trunks' first arrival, exactly when Goku and him both go SS and star chatting. The sense of mystery during that moment along with Vegeta's palpable anger with himself after seeing 2 Super Saiyans right in front of him made that a great scene for me.

Wow. That was probably Vegeta at his most bitter along with his whining at Kami's Lookout after Goku said with no chills that he's stronger than Vegeta.

And, thanks to Abridge, I keep seeing Vegeta going Super Saiyan by whining and crying like a five years old. Yeah, he basically did the same thing in the anime, but Abridge really put focused on it.

HardRojo

Wow. That was probably Vegeta at his most bitter along with his whining at Kami's Lookout after Goku said with no chills that he's stronger than Vegeta.

And, thanks to Abridge, I keep seeing Vegeta going Super Saiyan by whining and crying like a five years old. Yeah, he basically did the same thing in the anime, but Abridge really put focused on it.
I might check out the Abridged series one of these days, I know it's big among English-speaking fans, but I didn't learn English properly till I was about 15 or something so I didn't realize it was a thing until a few years ago.

HeroR

I might check out the Abridged series one of these days, I know it's big among English-speaking fans, but I didn't learn English properly till I was about 15 or something so I didn't realize it was a thing until a few years ago.

I am not the biggest fan of it, but does have some funny moments. Their take on how Vegeta went Super Saiyan is just one of their funnier jokes.

Ash735

Holy shit, Vegeta loses again!

Considering they were building HIM up to be the one who gets the auto-reflex thing, it's even been shown in the tournament when he went against Ribriana and even had him comment on it, ...and they go and give it to Goku instead. Man, Vegeta gonna unlock Suicide Saiyan instead.

RocknRola

Meanwhile in Gohan news...

HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvM29yaWZmNHhRN09xMlRJZ1R1L2dpcGh5LmdpZgloglog.gif

Interesting that Goku will be the one to "reach" that stage though. Felt a bit like Geets was the one "leading" that race per say.

Still, GET HYPE!!

J4g3r

Lol @ those spoilers for 111:

"Mastery of Self-Movement" just has me imagining Goku acting like Neo does at the end of the first Matrix film.
tumblr_ng16g8FdVV1qk14c9o1_500.gif

RocknRola

Not sure what you're talking about. The tournament is far from finished.

Sure, but his performance so far has been meh, at best. And for the next few episodes it seems the focus will not be on him (which, makes sense given the subject and/or leaked subjects).

I just want him to do something other than clean out fodder enemies for once :S Also, no, not too happy with his Freeza moments given he was reduced to a plaything just for the sake of betraying Frost.

I'm actually pretty damn happy at these spoilers. That's what the hell I'm talking about. Will be very interested to see how they play that one.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Sure, but his performance so far has been meh, at best. And for the next few episodes it seems the focus will not be on him (which, makes sense given the subject and/or leaked subjects).

I just want him to do something other than clean out fodder enemies for once :S Also, no, not too happy with his Freeza moments given he was reduced to plaything just for the sake of betraying Frost.

The special marks the start of the climax so things will only ramp up from there. With
Goku presumably sidelined due to injury, it's time for the rest of the team to step up.

HeroR

Not the form the mastery over your body thing,goku wasn’t even around when they talked about that or maybe I’m thinking of the manga

That was in the manga. In Resurrection 'F', both movie and saga, Whis said it to both of them. He even said that Vegeta would have the most trouble doing it since he thinks too much.

Ash735

That was in the manga. In Resurrection 'F', both movie and saga, Whis said it to both of them. He even said that Vegeta would have the most trouble doing it since he thinks too much.
Which is why it's a dick move that they've HINTED Vegeta getting it, it just feels like they're trolling Vegeta fans making it seem like he's going to get a win or something for himself and then just switching it to Goku last minute

HeroR

Which is why it's a dick move that they've HINTED Vegeta getting it, it just feels like they're trolling Vegeta fans making it seem like he's going to get a win or something for himself and then just switching it to Goku last minute

That's the manga's fault. The anime never teased such a thing or winning anything this arc.

Ataxia

I don’t think Vegeta or Gohan will get a new form in this tournament.

That said, I’m expecting Gohan to push past his limits again but not in the same way as Goku. Which is fine, he’s already shown considerable improvement this arc and it’s only up from here. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s actually beyond Blue level by the time this is all over.

Vegetables will probably get something off screen next arc so he’s not left in the dust again 🙄

LNBL

Interesting that goku will get this first, but perhaps they will have vegeta master it before him. Does this rule out the
absorbing spirit bomb thing?

RocknRola

The special marks the start of the climax so things will only ramp up from there. With
Goku presumably sidelined due to injury, it's time for the rest of the team to step up.

Eh, maybe maybe.
Seems like Hit* + Kale + Cauli + Geets* will be the go to "main secondary characters" of sorts. I'd be very happy if Gohan got his due time to shine though!

*These two more than the others.

Blader

Interesting that goku will get this first, but perhaps they will have vegeta master it before him. Does this rule out the
absorbing spirit bomb thing?

The spoilers say
his 'mastery of self-movement' awakening comes after Jiren beats him down. So the new form he fights Jiren with would presumably still be SSB + Spirit Bomb.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Eh, maybe maybe.
Seems like Hit* + Kale + Cauli + Geets* will be the go to "main secondary characters" of sorts. I'd be very happy if Gohan got his due time to shine though!

*These two more than the others.

We don't know much about 112-113 yet so who knows. Regardless, he's had the same amount of screen time as Vegeta so far so it wouldn't be unusual for them to keep it up. I'm more worried about where 17 and 18 are in all this instead, gone since episodes 103 and 102 respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom