• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for the Next Episode Preview we have:

-Gohan vs Botamo
-The magic girl with the glasses still fighting Base Goku
-17 vs Ribrianne
-Gohan and Piccolo vs the last two U10 fighters
-Cus looking concerned' and U2 reacting
-The shots of Goku, Dypso and Hit which I think is their reaction to U10 possibly being erased
-Gohan and Piccolo on the edge of the destroyed platform (possibly after U10's demise...)
I didn't expect them to repeat the transformation scene like that.
To be fair we have only seen it once before this episode, and the way they justified repeating it was good enough imo
Plus it's a good sequence

Nice episode overall. Some comments, sorry if these were already discussed.

- 1/5 of the episode was spent recycling the girls henshin scene, plus the brawl between Ribrianne and Vegeta from the opening and U2 GoD posing theatrically.

- It was cool to see that there are two namekians from U6, even if it was on a blink-and-you-will-miss-it scene. The only letdown is that his fight with catgirl felt a little bit low-budget with the major "flight trajectory blur" "explosive blows" animations with the bg spinning. (Classic DBZ but still...)

- #17 was the MVP from the episode. 0 fucks given to the "let's wait for the enemy prepare himself" trope, plus some nice usage of Ki and a variation of his barrier move.

- I LOL'ed at Freeza casually waving his hand to make the love stench goes away.

- The scene with blank-eyed Piccolo that was presented in NEP wasn't shown in this episode. May it was supposed to be his reaction to Ribrianne trampling the U10 dude.

Ashodin

giphy.gif

GODDAMN THIS IS SO HILARIOUS

I-hate-u

Never watched Sailor Moon huh?

Reusing the same animation for the transformation felt like a jab to those types of shows

No but I did watch Digimon and they never recycled transformation scenes 2 minutes back to back like that. They sometimes sped up those scenes too.

Slaythe

No but I did watch Digimon and they never recycled transformation scenes 2 minutes back to back like that. They sometimes sped up those scenes too.

They made a joke out of the fact they needed to waste time and allow animators to handle the second part.

The second part completely delivered so honestly I can forgive them.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
39 minutes left? The transformation itself took a few minutes. I hope it's 1 minute = 1 Earth hour or something like that. Just doesn't make any sense otherwise.

LotusHD

Banned
I thought it was pretty funny, especially since a lot transformation sequences go for too long in shitty anime. I could imagine the animators laughing at how much work they saved themselves.

It was somewhat amusing in real-time, but looking back I was kinda irritated that they repeated the whole thing in an episode that I wasn't even really feeling that much to begin with, 17's "serious mode" moment excluded of course.

We got berserk Kale at least for like an episode

Meh, they don't really count because we saw them get recruited and saw the gist of how strong they are, so it'd be very surprising if they actually got to knock out anyone from U7. U6 may as well be the 2nd team to root for, for me personally lol

Grand Priest wasn't kidding when he said most of the shit was over with. This episode really kicked things up a notch, I loved it. The animation was at a real high and the writing was pretty funny.

Laiza

I mean the hit flurries looked really good. The dodging. The "unintelligible chaos" scenes looked really good. The ki blast barrages blocking was very solid. Those speed lines. The sense of speed in general. Nothing looked awkward like these things usually do. Again, nothing too crazy with the coreography of the fights itself, but those elements I mentioned in this ep were top notch.
True. Still a relatively low bar, but at least from a technical standpoint the fighting was handled fairly well. That shot of Goku deflecting blasts actually looked better than the one they reused earlier in the ToP....

Oh welp. I thought I would have to praise him this ep.
Tate has an exceedingly distinctive style. Watch for signs of conservation of momentum (i.e. blows following through and not just stopping).
You know whats crazy? their angel is sitting next to them not above like the rest of the angels
Huh... I didn't even notice that.

She really is Best Angel.

reused animations, reused animations everywhere.

I like the idea of the maidens using magic and power up by emotions rather than strenght alone.

The pharaon goddess was really annoying

Anyone else feels bad for Gowasu

You know whats crazy? their angel is sitting next to them not above like the rest of the angels

39 minutes left? The transformation itself took a few minutes. I hope it's 1 minute = 1 Earth hour or something like that. Just doesn't make any sense otherwise.

I mean I know time stuff in anime is kinda ridiculous, but your proposal makes way less sense. 8+ hours already passed? Uh...

This time frame makes good sense even standing on it's own considering all of these things are going on at the same time. Just look at the "first 5 minutes of the tournament in real time" video.

True. Still a relatively low bar, but at least from a technical standpoint the fighting was handled fairly well. That shot of Goku deflecting blasts actually looked better than the one they reused earlier in the ToP....

Tate has an exceedingly distinctive style. Watch for signs of conservation of momentum (i.e. blows following through and not just stopping).

Oh I know his style. My praise was going to be "Tate is pretty good when he is actually reigned in and not trying to add his owm flair"

Honestly this is the best episode since episode 90 for me.
Agreed. Next episode looks promising too.
reused animations, reused animations everywhere.

I like the idea of the maidens using magic and power up by emotions rather than strenght alone.

The pharaon goddess was really annoying

Whaaaat? Helles(?) is great. Didn't expect to liker her and U2 Kai that much. They really love their Universe <3

7Th

Ribrianne is getting hyped up in merchandise alongside Toppo, Kale and Cauilifla; no way she goes down easily.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I mean I know time stuff in anime is kinda ridiculous, but your proposal makes way less sense. 7 hours already passed? Uh...

This time frame makes goos sense eve standing on it's own considering all of these things are going on at the same time. Just look at the "first 5 minutes of the tournament in real time" video.
Well there's a time dilation theory that says you would age slowly in space away from Earth's gravitational field or something like that. Note that they are fighting in an area that is called the void which has no time or space.

I don't wanna think too much about this so yeah... 39 mins to go!

Well there's a time dilation theory that says you would age slowly in space away from Earth's gravitational field or something like that. Note that they are fighting in an area that is called the void which has no time or space.

I don't wanna think too much about this so yeah... 39 mins to go!

I wasn't gonna respond further but you quoted before I fixed my typos so I can't forgive you.

The time passes normally for those in the void.

mas8705

I didn't expect them to repeat the transformation scene like that.

Honestly, I was expecting the show to go TFS when that happened. Would have been hilarious if during the transformation sequence and it literally doing the same thing all over again, you were going to have a few characters or even a few God just yell "GET ON WITH IT ALREADY!"

I don't blame 17, last time he saw someone being allowed to transform it didn't turn out good for him.

Kind of more specific the transformation was literally at his expense.

Part of me feels as though just taking Vegeta's face and having it focus on him getting disgusted can be a meme in on itself. Part of me feels though that if that were to happen, some would try and use this as a joke at MvC:I's expense like "Vegeta sees the status of development one month before release"

FStubbs

She's a cutie.

Actually so is Brianne - in normal idol form. Brianne seems like the main character from another story and I'd watch it.

LotusHD

Banned
Part of me feels as though just taking Vegeta's face and having it focus on him getting disgusted can be a meme in on itself. Part of me feels though that if that were to happen, some would try and use this as a joke at MvC:I's expense like "Vegeta sees the status of development one month before release"

Well don't put the idea out into the ether then lmao

Brianne's expression is sooooooo good.
Honestly, I don't recall ever being that big of a fan of 17 before this episode. Yeah... He was still a badass, but it wasn't like we got to see him do much (or at least compared to 18). But after this episode, I have a newfound respect for his character.

Just the fact that he takes a potshot at U2 during their transformation sequence makes him the perfect straight man and the hilarity of someone actually calling the trope out (or at least in an action series like this and not a comedy series since I'm sure there have been more than five shows that could be listed that already made the joke).

What I love even more about this is the fact that not only does he get called out by Goku and the U2 girls (who took that shot like champs), but Toppo of all people just come out of nowhere to also scold 17 too. This whole time during the fight, Toppo has been avoiding Goku, and yet it is 17 stopping a transformation sequence that actually causes him to go towards Goku's direction. And he runs off afterward, and Goku doesn't even use the time to follow him either!

Finally, I do admit that Vegeta's face was perfect. He gets ready to punch her but he just dodges out of the way out of disgust.

Definitely one of the funnier episodes we got so far and gave 17 the chance to shine for not just his deadpan, but also having a killer fight too. I just wonder if this is going to spark the end of him though since he is going up against (what we can presume to be) U2's strongest.

And yeah... I read the spoilers too about U10 being the next universe to get eliminated. Honestly, though, I can't say that I'm shocked. With how other universes got their fighters, it felt like U10 didn't do much since it was left to the Angel.

Part of me is ready to see the little angel giggle after U10 gets erased. Almost as if to try and hint about a more sinister plot behind the tournament (and how she wouldn't be as subtle like the other Angel who silently smiled)
Nice write-up! They really delivered the hype from the recruitment arc with this episode.
She was doing the same pose of the initial pose all the episode, excep the part when she awwwww'ed with the kai
Ah, I see. She reacted differently to her two participants getting knocked out too

Hydrus

17 is so damn cool. Hope they make good use of him in future arcs and not make him a throw away jobber. Brianne is also a great design. Episode was cool, but damn did they reuse a ton of animation.

Eylos

Banned
The tournament clock its a Freeza clock.

The knee hit was Very cool, and the knock out of the vampire girl
If i remember right, next is gohan episode then Kame? Im concerned with Kame episode i Hope they dont Focus to much in the Pervy thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom