• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

Really fun episode. Cool that 17 finally got a moment to shine, but also a shame that it came at the cost of knocking out two characters that are more interesting than a Broly clone with a controlled form.

U2 characters are great and need to stick around for future stories.

That said, episodes like this continue to make me believe that the whole Universe erasing thing was a mistake. Super is at its best when it's not taking itself too seriously, and even throughout this arc its feeling like an afterthought, its been too goofy making moments when the serious part of it is actually brought up feel off.

I like the mix of both funny and dark at once.

I believe the universes that survive the tournament at all might be allowed to stay alive.

The ones that are erased will never come back. (Good riddance)

So that's 3 9 10 4 can say goodbye. 11 2 6 and 7 are safe IMO.

Eylos

Banned
That face of disgust vegeta makes when hes about to punch ribrianne, can someone gif that. Its freaking perfect.

Also Jiren's moment was short but awesome, dude didn't want any more of that love shit, was going to one shot ribiranne
Last page or the one before

I believe the universes that survive the tournament at all might be allowed to stay alive.

Nah, 10 'minutes' left they'll announce that if there are 2 or more universes remaining that ever single one will be destroyed. This gives team 7 the ultimate incentive to win, and Goku will pull it off at the last second.

With the Super Dragon Balls, he'll wish all of the other universes back because he wants to fight all of those strong people from the other universes again.

Omni

17 was pretty bad ass in this episode. I enjoyed it a lot

Starting to get concerned that this tournament is gonna take too long though. The fighting is good and all but we gotta speed up at some point, right? There are still so many warriors left. I guess they could have Jiren go on a rampage or something and take a dozen or two out at once buuuut still.

Eylos

Banned
V9HiWUp.gif

Nice Gif i Saw on Reddit, Goku and his mom

jstripes

Banned
The destruction of tropes in tonight's episode was amazing.

Also, Xeno is confirmed the representation of the anime viewer, and 17 is the viewer who says "Why not just attack during the transformation?"

Mory Dunz

That was alright.

The repeated animation got annoying.
Some of the fighting was decent.

An underlying narrative would help the tournament imo. It almost feels episodic at the moment. Like monster of the week in american cartoons. Like, give me a reason to care about U2. Or specifically 17 vs that girl.

Is there a gif of Vegeta making that stink face? that was the best part of the ep. edit: nvm

Rutger

Banned

I don't have a problem with a mix of funny and dark/serious, I just feel it hasn't been handled as well as it could here.

See y'all thought Geets was gonna get the business from Sailor Moon, but it's actually 17 now in the crosshairs. That ending shit won't be panning out either Tien will live to take out Gohan from behind.

Laiza

Hey, first of all, it seems clear 17 and Brianna will be somewhat evenly matched. I believe they won't fight now, this will happen later down the line.

Brianne disposed of SSJ Vegeta easily in their little brawl. She won't go down that easy and I'm sure she'll be one of the strongest.

But there's also 18 that's a good female, and there's the mage too.

Sadly I'm afraid Kale and Caulifla both stole any other girl's time to shine :/ .
Eh, I'm not counting 18 on account of me unironically wishing U7 would lose at the end. :p

It's true that we haven't seen Ribrianne's full capabilities, though. I hope next episode shows what she's made of. That being said, I fully believe that anyone outside of her, Kale, and Caulifla may as well be counting down the clock to their inevitable demise.

Yo 17 was cool af in this episode

Magical girls ain't shit
GIF-Haters-Gonna-Hate-Hate-Hating-Haters-Anime-GIF.gif

Limit

I'm surprised they managed to make someone other than Goku and Vegeta look good. Enjoyed this episode. Decent mix of humor and fight scenes.

SkyOdin

Why don't U6 Saiyans have tails?
According to Toriyama, Saiyan tails are a genetically recessive trait. This was the explanation given for why Goten and Pan don't have tails. From the sounds of it, U6 Saiyans followed a slightly different evolutionary path which didn't cause them to have tails.

It does make aome sense. The extreme violence and internal battles of the U7 Saiyans may have caused enough evolutionary pressure to cause the recessive tail trait to become widespread, due to the advantage of being able to turn into a giant ape of mass destruction. On the other hand, the U6 Saiyans learned how to co-exist with each other.

Huh, guess I'm the odd one out, thought this episode was kinda boring. I really didn't like the first half and while the second half was okay none of the action really grabbed me. At least the art was pretty damn good though out and the storyboard was great.
Also this episode only had 5 animators, so it makes sense that there wasn't really much special going on animation wise. This episode also saw the return of animation supervisor Yoichi Onishi, he supervised some of 43 and 49 and then left to go be a supervisor on Tiger Mask.
I'm excited for next week, there was some nice pieces of Tate art in that NEP, but it's a shame they didn't really show any animated action.

That's some nice Tate art.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Huh, guess I'm the odd one out, thought this episode was kinda boring. I really didn't like the first half and while the second half was okay none of the action really grabbed me. At least the art was pretty damn good though out and the storyboard was great.
Also this episode only had 5 animators, so it makes sense that there wasn't really much special going on animation wise. This episode also saw the return of animation supervisor Yoichi Onishi, he supervised some of 43 and 49 and then left to go be a supervisor on Tiger Mask.
I'm excited for next week, there was some nice pieces of Tate art in that NEP, but it's a shame they didn't really show any animated action.

That's some nice Tate art.
Need some NEP gifs.

Cimarron

17 was boss in this episode. I guess he can use hard light as a technique now. I liked how he was playing around and studying her style. More please. 😎

Skeeter49

Stuff like the 2 U2 fighters hugging each other bugged me. This just felt like a weird thing to have in the middle of a tournament where universe are on the line.

It was a fine episode, but I think it had some pacing issues in the first half.

I kind of wish everyone from U7 but Roshi was affected by the hearts.

Why don't U6 Saiyans have tails?
The world isn't ready for a legendary Oozaru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom