• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P9jfXaD.gif

HardRojo

Yooo I wasn't expecting 17 to be the protagonist of this episode and he fucking delivered in every way possible! The comedy, the no fucks given attitude, the action, the savageness, the future stand-off against Ribrianne. What a fucking great episode!

Slaythe

Yooo I wasn't expecting 17 to be the protagonist of this episode and he fucking delivered in every way possible! The comedy, the no fucks given attitude, the action, the savageness, the future stand-off against Ribrianne. What a fucking great episode!

o/

Hey at least Vegeta tried, he was SSJ.

The other moron is still in base getting rekt in the NEP. JFC

but why

Gohan really just wants to screw over Tien huh

Anyway this was EASILY the best episode of the tournament. Funny how I can hardly even remember what happened last episode. (Ok to be fair I was watching it in weird circumstances so I'll take back that knock)

Syntsui

We need a gif of 17 getting up without the animals line subtitle, that could get some use.

Pretty fun episode, 17 deserved a good showing and he is getting it.

Slaythe

You gotta love how 17 was the one not buying Whis' "no flight" rule, and how he decided to literally create a sun to stand over it to circumvent that.

He doesn't fuck around.

Anyone else feels bad for Gowasu
Me :( And Cus looks legit sad too
I feel like the tournament wasn't the right place for the Saiyans' development and I dislike how they get away so easily. Plus I prefer the other universes' themes and contestants (too bad most of them have jobbed). Maybe the Namekians can change my mind about it
Can we get Ribrianne in Xenoverse 3, please?
Yeah we need Ribrianne in DB games. She had tons of fun attacks!
I wonder if they'll mention
Zamasu
next episode to
get Gohan to finish off U10.

Wonder if Gohan takes out Botamo, or if Roshi uses the Mafuba on him.
They missed an opportunity by not having Gohan take part in the Zamasu arc :/

caliph95

Honestly 2, 6 and 7 are the only ones I actively like.

The rest are just fodder for U7 excluding Jiren and Toppo, and I honestly think the Pride Troopers are probably the least interesting universe out of them all.
Even 2 while entertaining I'm mixed on while funny are just another fodder for U7 to take out after showing off gimmicks and pretending they are inconvenient then quickly knocked out it's getting tiring

Like the final shot with 17 and Ribranne, doesn't make me feel hype or excited just whatever because they're not any real threat

Good for 17 I guess

CazTGG

This Tournament is now officially on Frieza time. It's only been 9 minutes since it started and one universe has been eliminated, possibly two by
next episode
!

HardRojo

17 has risen in my favorite characters rank after this episode.
Everyone fighting independently now, good bye Tien and Roshi! Maybe Ribrianne will be the one to knock 17 off the arena?

Next week's episode is Gohan and Piccolo focused! Hype!

Fj0823

That "kicking the fuck out of you, creating a ball of energy,stepping on it and then shooting the fuck out of you from it" move will be 17's Ultimate in games for years to come.

Hell GP's approval of that move was based entirely on Rule of Cool

How much of this episode was Tate responsible for? This was one of the strongest looking Super episodes yet, especially impressive considering the action. (I'll say strongest looking action packed Super episodes) The coreography itself was pretty generic for the most part but it still looked so good that I'm not really trippin.

Morlas

Even 2 while entertaining I'm mixed on while funny are just another fodder for U7 to take out after showing off gimmicks and pretending they are inconvenient then quickly knocked out it's getting tiring

Like the final shot with 17 and Ribranne, doesn't make me feel hype or excited just whatever because they're not any real threat

Good for 17 I guess

what makes you think Ribrianne isn't a threat to 17?

Gin-Shiio

I am immensely surprised how much focus not just 17 but 18 as well keeps having. It's as if the writers really like those two and their dynamic. It's good to see them back in action.

VariantX

Anyone else feels bad for Gowasu

Not that bad. He chose Zamasu as his eventual successor and somehow found a way to make Trunks suffer even more than he already has. In his somewhat messed up reality, he could have taken solace that his friends and family were in heaven. He doesn't even have that, because neither a heaven, hell or anything inbetween exists anymore. All of his suffering literally amounted to nothing, and now he and Mai live as refugees in a reality they dont belong to occupied by other versions of themselves.

Thanks, Gowasu.

Slaythe

How much of this episode was Tate responsible for? This was one of the strongest looking Super episodes yet, especially impressive considering the action. (I'll say strongest looking action packed Super episodes) The coreography itself was pretty generic for the most part but it still looked so good that I'm not really trippin.

None.

Tate is next week.

LotusHD

Banned
17 has risen in my favorite characters rank after this episode.
Everyone fighting independently now, good bye Tien and Roshi! Maybe Ribrianne will be the one to knock 17 off the arena?

Next week's episode is Gohan and Piccolo focused! Hype!

17 has been one of my new favorite characters ever since this moment:

https://youtu.be/1hQT8xuV9Tw?t=1m6s

Good for 17 I guess

Can't be all that jazzed about U6 because we've already fought Hit and co. before too...

I mean the hit flurries looked really good. The dodging. The "unintelligible chaos" scenes looked really good. The ki blast barrages blocking was very solid. Those speed lines. The sense of speed in general. Nothing looked awkward like these things usually do. Again, nothing too crazy with the coreography of the fights itself, but those elements I mentioned in this ep were top notch.

caliph95

Was fun seeing Beast Girl (I can't be arsed to memorize that name) moving around like that, and that's one of the very, very few times in DBS where they're actively trying to show two fighters fighting with the speed we saw fighters moving at in DBZ (seriously, why is this so rare?).

That being said, her being knocked out so easily by 17 is seriously disappointing and I am really getting tired of how much they're playing up U7. It's really draining the entire show of its tension.

Makes me wish they had the gall to throw out a majority of U7 right at the start just to fuck with peoples' expectations and actually sell the stakes. But nah, gotta make the protagonists look good at all times, even if it's at the cost of all the dramatic stakes looking pointless.

It was mortal level, not power level. Two different things.

Either way... yeah, they haven't really been handling the relative power levels very well at all. Too many easy wins for U6 and U7, it really cheapens the whole thing.
Wonder what I'm missing, because I really am not feeling all that hot on this episode like a bunch of other posters are.

Felt like the first half was too dull, the re-use of animation too egregious (seriously, that one cut of Helles extending her hand was reused how many times?!), yet again we get another non-U6/U7 fighter getting tossed out to play up a U7 fighter's abilities, the actual fighting was okay and not really great or amazing, and so on and so forth.

It's probably one of the better episodes since the ToP started proper, but that's not really saying much considering the bar was never very high to begin with.

Nicest thing I can say about it is that U2 is fun to watch. But then it hurts my brain when one of them gets tossed out with the Yardrat doing nothing (you have the PERFECT ability to retrieve fallen members and you don't use it?!).

One of these days I'm going to have to learn to turn off my brain watching this.
While this episode is kinda entertaining and some cool moments for 17.

I feel the same I'm really not engaging as much as I thought it would and starting to get doesn't help u7 haven't been in any real danger so far and hasn't been any real threat not even something that cause real problems with their plan of stamina conservation

RocknRola

I'll say that we need to get into a properly meaty fight sooner rather than later. While the action so far has been pretty fun, many of these fights haven been either an episode long or more often than that half an episode long.

We're starting to need one that lasts 2-3 episodes between 2 or more fighters to also showcase the "increase" in power relative to the fighters that are left. Granted we're "only" 6 episodes in to the ToP proper, so we may not get any of this (longer fights) until quite some time later. Still a loooot of fighters to clear out.

mas8705

download_1.png

THESE VEGETA SHOTS GIVE ME LIFE!

Honestly, I don't recall ever being that big of a fan of 17 before this episode. Yeah... He was still a badass, but it wasn't like we got to see him do much (or at least compared to 18). But after this episode, I have a newfound respect for his character.

Just the fact that he takes a potshot at U2 during their transformation sequence makes him the perfect straight man and the hilarity of someone actually calling the trope out (or at least in an action series like this and not a comedy series since I'm sure there have been more than five shows that could be listed that already made the joke).

What I love even more about this is the fact that not only does he get called out by Goku and the U2 girls (who took that shot like champs), but Toppo of all people just come out of nowhere to also scold 17 too. This whole time during the fight, Toppo has been avoiding Goku, and yet it is 17 stopping a transformation sequence that actually causes him to go towards Goku's direction. And he runs off afterward, and Goku doesn't even use the time to follow him either!

Finally, I do admit that Vegeta's face was perfect. He gets ready to punch her but he just dodges out of the way out of disgust.

Definitely one of the funnier episodes we got so far and gave 17 the chance to shine for not just his deadpan, but also having a killer fight too. I just wonder if this is going to spark the end of him though since he is going up against (what we can presume to be) U2's strongest.

And yeah... I read the spoilers too about U10 being the next universe to get eliminated. Honestly, though, I can't say that I'm shocked. With how other universes got their fighters, it felt like U10 didn't do much since it was left to the Angel.

Part of me is ready to see the little angel giggle after U10 gets erased. Almost as if to try and hint about a more sinister plot behind the tournament (and how she wouldn't be as subtle like the other Angel who silently smiled)

caliph95

what makes you think Ribrianne isn't a threat to 17?
She could be but the attempt to build up hype just did nothing for me because she hasn't shown anything to make think 1u is even going to sweat if an Android even can especially after her comrades got quickly knocked out

So I'm just whatever

Slaythe

Honestly, I don't recall ever being that big of a fan of 17 before this episode. Yeah... He was still a badass, but it wasn't like we got to see him do much (or at least compared to 18). But after this episode, I have a newfound respect for his character.

I'm seeing this kind of sentiment all over the internet and I have to say after months of poacher trolls and shit post, I feel emotional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom