• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Eternal. Got to try it, and god it sucks!

Doom Eternal suck!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
valid criticisms
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Kev Kev

The people in this thread who are making "valid criticisms?" Yes, they absolutely suck at the game as anyone who has actually played the game to completion can tell you the "valid criticisms" are just blatantly false.
People are aloud to not like things. Why does that bother you so much?

And weren't you calling people shills in another thread because they liked things you didn't? I'm noticing a pattern here. You seem to have a problem with anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion, and then you attack the person.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
People are aloud to not like things. Why does that bother you so much?

And weren't you calling people shills in another thread because they liked things you didn't? I'm noticing a pattern here. You seem to have a problem with anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion, and then you attack the person.

Your projection and lack of reading comprehension skills are just

Noah Centineo Chef GIF by Allure

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
i think most people do not understand the gameplay aspect of eternal.
me neither.
It's pretty simple, shoot, set fire to, chainsaw and hit the enemies.

Some enemies require specific weapons to be defeated, others have short vulnerability windows or weak spots.

Sometimes you will have to climb a wall.

That is it.

Apocryphon

Ah yes, noxious “git good” elitism 😂

Doom Eternal is a mechanically sound game and it isn’t difficult in the way that say ‘Souls’ game are, but it isn’t an amazing experience. The combat loop is fine and some of the level design is very good, but it’s artistically uninspired, the new lore is utter drivel, and the game lacks atmosphere. It doesn’t feel like classic Doom and I don’t think it’s anywhere near as well rounded as Doom 2016.

Is Doom 2016 easy? Yes.

Does Doom Eternal “expect more from the player”? Sure.

Does that translate into a better experience? No.

The art direction in 2016 is vastly superior, despite it being technically inferior. The combat is solid and the environments are fantastic. I wish it had been more Metroidvania, but despite its shortcomings I adore the game.

Eternal was disappointing. It’s more “game”, but it has no charm. The Maykrs are hideously designed and boring to fight. The platforming isn’t hard, but it also isn’t Doom. It’s it’s own thing and I respect what they were trying to do, but I would rather they’d have saved the platforming for whatever they’re doing with Quake than try and shoehorn it into a Doom game.

Neither are perfect games, but I had a lot more fun with 2016 and it’s the game I return to more often. Both have awful multiplayer modes, so I’m only judging the single player campaigns, but as far as I’m concerned 2016 has more going for it.

Quake will be interesting. Hopefully it has less of the nonsense weapon/ability juggling and is far more straight forward and truer to the original game than Eternal is to Doom and Doom 2.

You know what you really won’t like to hear? I think Doom 3 is a better game than Eternal too 😂

lukilladog

The gameplay mechanics are way too forced upon you, it gets monotonous and annoying pretty quickly because it is ambush after ambush, and you cannot just shoot every monster and have fun with that, no, you also have to be jumping like a rabbit everywhere. I´d like the series to return to its roots, as you no longer are a foot soldier but some kind of bionic super commando. meh.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Normally i get the other side but eternal just fucking sucks.
I get why people hate souls games.
I don't get why people like playing eternal above doom 2016.
I compare it to fucking furries. No i refuse this is a thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom