• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DONTNOD Entertainment reveals horror RPG 'Vampyr'

Buffy-Giles-Vampyr.jpg

Yes, please? :)

Hnnnnnnnnnng

So 2 games in development? These guys are doing a scifi RPG for Square right?

Remember Me is an amazing looking game on the PC (they have an incredible hardcover artbook too)

ah here it is:

The team behind last year's new sci-fi IP Remember Me has been signed by Square Enix to create a new game for digital platforms.

There are no details on what Paris-based studio Dontnod Entertainment is actually working on, but judging from the comments below, we're guessing it's a different take on "traditional story-driven games".

It's not clear if this will be a new IP, or a spin-off of a Square Enix property such as Tomb Raider, Deus Ex or Final Fantasy. It's also unclear whether the studio has cut ties with Remember Me publisher Capcom.

Interestingly, Remember Me fared better as a download game as part of Sony's PlayStation Plus offer than it did at retail.

"We're very excited to be working with Square Enix on our new game," said Dontnod CEO Oskar Guilbert. "It's a twist on traditional story-driven games and we can't wait to share more with you soon."

Square Enix's Lee Singleton added: "I've known Oskar and some of the team at Dontnod for quite a while now. They're very talented so they've been on my list of studios I'd like to work with but we've never found the right game until now.

I think that was referring to Life is Strange if I'm not mistaken.

Ah ok

I was surprised how much I liked it. I wasnt a big fan of Remember Me from consoles, but tried it on my new PC after liking LIS so much and thought it looked incredible - one of the best looking and designed futuristic settings I have seen. I bought the hardcover artbook and it looks incredible, I would so love a mass effect style RPG with such beautiful artistic design.

After LiS, I'm in for anything DNOD are working on.

Instant day one purchase, no need to wait for reviews or check out previews. It's a guaranteed purchase from me.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Now this sounds interesting, simply based on the premise. Hopefully this one ends up clicking with me unlike Remember Me and Life is Strange.

Edit: Just noticed it's a necrobump. This better still be happening. :(

eFKac

First time I hear about this today.

Focus Home Interactive means it most probably won't be a big budget project but I'm interested in seeing more.

Sendero

Did they said that in a open world, the story line is less important? Pretty noisy in here.

The gameplay looks very unpolished (feels like they are not in their element). But the graphical ambience displayed there looks pretty damn amazing.

It might not be Vampire:The masquerade Bloodlines or Redemption, but so far, it's looking very interesting.

Top Bottom