• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DONTNOD Entertainment reveals horror RPG 'Vampyr'

Lain

I love vampire stuff and I loved Remember ME aesthetic and atmosphere so I'm interested in what they'll put out.

i-Lo

It'll be interesting to play a game from a company that knows how to nail lighting and atmosphere. Let's hope that they don't make it the WRPG version of FFXIII.

after remember me i'll take a look at anything they do

I'm in the same boat. But I'm hoping for the same amazing art design with better gameplay mechanics. I recently tried to play Remember Me again.... but I just can't be arsed to deal with that combat system anymore :(

Considering the difference in genres, this is pretty much guaranteed to outsell life is strange.

it is also guarantee to cost more to produce, I actually meant that more in the in the sense of "which of these two will it meet or surpass expectations"

Sendero

As horrible as it sounds, these are the kind of companies that you would expect someone like MS would be looking for:
Small/unknown teams with good potential (in this case, graphic and music wise), that need that extra something to make a good non-AAA hit to add to your console's library. - All for pennies.

MS loss is our gain, though. Hope this title shapes up nicely.

Elixist

the character in that art reminds me of Goh from VF4

1227405-goh.jpg

dlauv

Yeah, I'm actually fearing another DARK.

Remember Me was at least kind of competent though. Great art and sound design.

Yeah...ppl need to remember the last vampire game released was this;

TH0iTPK.jpg

Ugh, almost forgot about this. Just look at that stupid cover. I mean lol.
I believe in Dontnod. The Vampyr artwork alone is already miles ahead of Dark.

Yeah, I'm actually fearing another DARK.

Remember Me was at least kind of competent though. Great art and sound design.

The developers behind Dark (Realmforge Studios) haven't done a game with that scope before while Dontnod has.

Cautiously optimistic. Remember Me's gameplay wasn't great but the setting, art, music (get Olivier Deriviere again plz kthx <3) were amazing.

synce

Man this game has to be like 3 years away if it doesn't get cancelled by then... I'll conserve my hype thank you

Please have good controls and actual exploration (Remember Me felt so contained for such an interesting world).

I will say... I don't like the promo poster, but I'm still interested.

A video game taking a couple years to make? You must not feel too confident about any game.

Why should I?

People are getting excited about a game that's in pre-alpha, at best. Since we don't know what percentage of DONTNOD is working on Life is Strange, this game could still be in the concept stage.

Besides that, all I see are buzzwords. There aren't many successes in the vampire action RPG segment either.

Apparently the Y in the name relates to the choices in the game where the doctor faces moral quandaries as his doctor side tries to heal, while his vampire nature wants to kill and feed.

Heal orphan's wounds | Bite orphan and drink his blood
Y​
What will you do?​

Lakitu

st5fu
Title sucks. But I am intrigued. I'm always interested in ambitious RPGs and this looks to be one of them. Cautiously hyped.

Ramenman

Well it was predictable tbh, when your game is revealed by a tweet from a com agency at a trade show, it probably means you're super early.

and might even mean that nobody was supposed to know and that the person who posted the tweet is some goof who doesn't understand the meaning of "unannounced" and "confidential", but I'll reserve judgment on that because I have no proof :D (just hope the team at dontnod was okay with that and didn't spend all yesterday evening facepalming at the leak, their twitter has yet to say anything about the game, and all reports and details are given by "spies" or "field report" from people on-site...)

kiyoaki

Sounds interesting. At the very least, we can expect beautiful world design from these guys. And RPG gameplay might be more up their alley than whatever Remember Be was supposed to be.

In any case, post-WW1 vampires are the best vampires.

thmb_13831_img1.jpg

so remember me devs? so this game is going to be visually stunning, I wonder how deep they will go - if there will be vampyre stalking, only coming out at night and dealing with sunlight type of stuff i guess this could be a interesting chance to do something creative

Bookman

It's not "lol we're so different" marketing spelling. "Vampyre" is the first recorded English spelling of the word (Oxford Dictionary). I don't know why the final "e" is sometimes dropped. Maybe it is supposed to be closer to German and other languages, where the word is spelled without an "e" at the end.

Vampire = Vampyr in Swedish :)

Voyevoda

Focus Interactive's line-up for E3 apparently shows Vampyr; and, Dontnod's official website says that they will be at E3.

So I guess we'll finally get to see some in-game at E3, then. The hype is real.

jackal27

Banned
This actually looks and sounds really interesting to me! Can't wait to see some footage. What kind of gameplay style are we guessing at here?

Top Bottom