• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone know how many subscribers on GamePass today?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yes, I counted them in my analysis, and also the entine mobile gaming userbase because they can get GP too to play some games via cloud gaming.

'but how can there be more game pass subs than Series X sales'

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

Chukhopops

Well, this explain why they increased the prices...
Netflix increased the price by 10% and lost 1.5% of their subs, so it was a net increase in revenue (not to mention the reduced bandwidth cost).

All sub services increase their prices steadily because by and large users stay subbed to them regardless.

GamePass surpassing PS+ this year?

Maybe if MS goes 3rd party.
MS could just silently unlock a free tier, with a very limited selection of games, on Windows-PC-accounts and only opting out would not make your profile count. I mean there is some game pass link even on my office PC and my private PC definitely reminds me with wallpaper at the login that MS is serious about gaming. So they just need to go the next step in bringing me into the MS ecosystem, free like EGS and their desperate attempt in gaining a foundation.
Easily 1billion users at the end of such a natural growth.

yurinka

GamePass surpassing PS+ this year?

Maybe if MS goes 3rd party.
PS+ is twice as big than GP, GP won't surpass PS+ and even less this year.

MS already is 3rd party, but if they abandon Xbox and go full multiplatform won help them get GP subs. Sony and Nintendo won't allow them to put GP on their consoles.

Top Bottom