• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone know how many subscribers on GamePass today?

Topher

Gold Member
where I find true statistics?

Last official count was 25 million two years ago. Microsoft hasn't updated those numbers. MS is your only real source.

do you believe gamepass will surpass Playstation Plus this year 2024 ?

Mr P Yes GIF by @ICT_MrP

I have no idea

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned
Yeah......that 41.7 million estimate includes Game Pass Core (formerly Xbox Live Gold) whereas the 25 million was the number before the online subscription component was merged in. Not sure which number the OP was asking about.
I hope MICROSOFT never abandon physical consoles... like, I don't like to play on Cloud or PC...
So, I prefer consoles because all developers optmize games for them...

Well, We all know Xbox Studios will never end... They will be always making games, but my doubt is about consoles and hardwares...

Killjoy-NL

-> Well, I got my Series X, I'm totally HAPPY !
Guys, I'm happy for the first time through years of games and consoles...
Nice console, amazing features and more... Thank you all!
GamePass surpassing PS+ this year?

Maybe if MS goes 3rd party.

Beechos

Whatever the number is ms better start adding more xcloud servers. Xcloud has been unusable for me for about the past year now. Everytime I try to use it, it's like at least a 10 min wait in queue to load the game.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I hope MICROSOFT never abandon physical consoles... like, I don't like to play on Cloud or PC...
So, I prefer consoles because all developers optmize games for them...

Well, We all know Xbox Studios will never end... They will be always making games, but my doubt is about consoles and hardwares...

My only concern with all of this news that's floating around. I think the series x is a great console and I want them to continue making hardware.

They can pit their games where ever they want, it really doesn't bother me...but if they dropped hardware that can play gamepass seamlessly and integrated into the hardware with quick resume etc. I think that would be a big loss for the industry and myself, personally.

SkylineRKR

I feel GP barely grows. Ofcourse this has to do with the quite abysmal sales of the Series consoles. With raised prices I wonder where it all goes. People already have too many subs, some of the services are looking into mergers.

I always read Highpoly comments in a 7 year old kid voice in my head 🤷‍♂️ it just makes sense 🤣🤣🤣

I imagine an Xbox themed ChatGPT

Last edited:

StueyDuck

I'd imagine there's at least more than 10 gamepass subscribers but don't quote me on that

Last edited:

SHA

-> Well, I got my Series X, I'm totally HAPPY !
Guys, I'm happy for the first time through years of games and consoles...
Nice console, amazing features and more... Thank you all!
What were you doing before, taking a break?

SHA

No one thought of beating spider man twice cause ps games are not worth revisiting, therefore, yeah, the number of gp subs will go up naturally.

Last edited:

Lupin25

No one thought of beating spider man twice cause ps games are not worth revisiting, therefore, yeah, the number of gp subs will go up naturally.

Yeah, but like gp there’s not just just Spider-Man & exclusive games.

Hell, there’s even still Bethesda games on ps plus lol…

Chukhopops

Depends what you compare.

If you add all tiers on each side PS+ has more.

If you count only the « game catalogs » subs then GP has more (since Sony only had 13.6M subs when adding Extra + Premium) according to the Insomniac leaks.

yurinka

Unofficially, 41.7m as of late 2023 via Omdia's independent analysis.
Yeah......that 41.7 million estimate includes Game Pass Core (formerly Xbox Live Gold) whereas the 25 million was the number before the online subscription component was merged in. Not sure which number the OP was asking about.
My independent analysis says that after adding Game Pass Core now has 3642.2 million subscribers.

Omdia says there are more GP subs than Xbox Series consoles sold, so why not to say there are more GP subscribers than gamers?

Last edited:

RickMasters

As a fellow Xbox owner I’m happy for you. More of us the better. But dude….. don’t worry about numbers. Just enjoy the console and the service. They are great. Nothing else need matter to us as the consumers aside from quality and value.

Generic

Depends what you compare.

If you add all tiers on each side PS+ has more.

If you count only the « game catalogs » subs then GP has more (since Sony only had 13.6M subs when adding Extra + Premium) according to the Insomniac leaks.
Well, this explain why they increased the prices...

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I understood Xbox live, game pass now is forcing you to rush through games and it’s a huge mistake in my opinion.

yurinka

well it's not like there's PC game pass subscribers, or people who still use Xbox One's or X's that may be using game pass.

2qgedk.jpg
Yes, I counted them in my analysis, and also the entine mobile gaming userbase because they can get GP too to play some games via cloud gaming.

Top Bottom