• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did anyone else find the alien romance in Mass Effect unappealing?

Zukuu

Banned
7602_a63c.png

I liked the romance plots.

Best part of ME3? Killing Ashley.

Next best part? Killing off Tali's people.

Seriously, there was no one in that game that made for a credible female "partner"... they were all either annoying, stupid, or codependent. Was it really that hard for them to portray interesting and realistic females even if they were alien?

klee123

It makes it even worse when they all look like creepy dolls.

Heck, even the humans are look weird with the uncanny valley effect.

RetroStu

Banned
I always loved the romances, it was one of the main things i tried to do in the game (going around the ship after every main mission and talking to all of them which takes time!).

I remember on my very first playthrough of ME2, i managed to romance Miranda, Jack AND Tali, i must of got the exact right sequences and sentences by chance because i was never able to do it again on numerous further playthroughs.

even Persona 4?

Especially in Persona 4. They evolve very unevenly and depending on your playstyle and character you're "wooing" can have someone pouring their hearts out in the matter of a few in-game days.

That said, awkward as they may be, they are at least interesting and make you feel a bond towards them (in that sense, it works). I didn't get that with ME in any pairing.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Never really cared for the romances in Mass Effect, be it alien or human. All i want is to kill things and speak with people without falling in love with them.

Top Bottom