• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

bbw_lover87

Sooo i know they are having login issues right now but did these fuckers disable console sharing? This would be probably the FIRST game i've bought that might not work on my wife's console so we can play together? Wtf ... Gonna keep trying to get her logged in but not looking good. I made my rogue and turned it off for now.
Ya thats what happened with me and my wife too, we need to play splitscreen to work

ryantetric

Neo Member
PS5 here, was having licensing issues but I tried restoring licenses in which PSN had a connection error during which I've never seen. Just restarted the system, didn't work again, then waited and it worked fine. It's hit or miss.

On to killing wargs for the 4th time haha

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
I thought that was a controller feature in Diablo?
The controller feature in Diablo 3 was to roll in whatever direction when you pressed the right stick. In Diablo 4 they've changed it to a dedicated button. Most of the "aiming" in Diablo games is automatic. You just attack the highlighted enemy based on the direction you're looking. The challenge comes from moving out of the way of bigger attacks, and knowing when to best use each skill and manage your cooldowns and energy. Every ARPG generally works like this on controller.

Maybe try a different ARPG if Diablo 4 would be your first, before you spend 70 dollars. They're a lot of fun, but if you go in expecting a dual-stick shooter, that's not quite what you'll be getting.

If you have PS Plus Extra, maybe try something like Warhammer Chaosbane. It's a budget ARPG that I played years ago. Maybe play an hour of that and then decide if you like the gameplay. It's VERY repetitive when it comes to content, though, so don't judge Diablo 4 from that game, but it will give you a good idea of how it feels to play an ARPG. I wouldn't keep playing it though.

Last edited:

Katajx

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF
Sorry brother, I’ve played barb for more than 20 years. I want to start with something different!

Laieon

I managed to get in right around launch time and had a nice 2-3 hour session. Didn't really run into any issues.

marquimvfs

Well for PS5 you need PS Plus. On PC only Battlenet :messenger_grinning:
Well, it doesn't look like that.... the game page at store mentioned PS Plus is just needed for online featues. For me, being able to play without the online components, even if a connection to the internet is necessary, is more a blessing than a curse.

Last edited:

Kacho

question: when playing solo, how intrusive/unintrusive is the presence of other players?...
Towns are the only place you regularly see people. Out in the field you'll encounter a person occasionally but they're gone in a second. It's not like an MMO where people follow you or steal kills if that's what you're worried about.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Got to the Cost of Knowledge quest and guy keeps warping through the back door and will not let me join the fight. Have restarted the game a couple of times but can not move the campaign forward will try again tomorrow

ssringo

Good few hours of playtime. Some rubberbanding but nothing too bad. Them stress tests seem to have paid off.

ChrisB

What FPS is everyone getting?

I seem to be artificially limited to 60fps. Not seeing any setting to change that.
Hardware is 5900x and 6800XT @ 1440p UW.

Topher

Gold Member
Level 10. Love this game.

Towns are the only place you regularly see people. Out in the field you'll encounter a person occasionally but they're gone in a second. It's not like an MMO where people follow you or steal kills if that's what you're worried about.

After getting to Kyoshavad, players started appearing quite a bit for me. Not just in the town. I started venturing south to grind a bit and folks were all over. But yeah, entirely unobtrusive from what I can tell. Everyone just goes on their merry way.

What FPS is everyone getting?

I seem to be artificially limited to 60fps. Not seeing any setting to change that.
Hardware is 5900x and 6800XT @ 1440p UW.

I'm getting steady 120fps, 4k ultra no DLSS. Pretty fantastic performance really. Every now and then I can sense a dip in frame rate, but it is rare.

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
Gettign great performance, often over 200 fps with 1440p, all settings maxed, DLSS off. I've got a 4090 but still I'm quite impressed with how good it looks and runs.

I had a bit of a queue for several minutes right after it went live, but then I left and came back later and went straight in. The launch is going pretty well in my opinion.

ChrisB

Level 10. Love this game.

After getting to Kyoshavad, players started appearing quite a bit for me. Not just in the town. I started venturing south to grind a bit and folks were all over. But yeah, entirely unobtrusive from what I can tell. Everyone just goes on their merry way.

I'm getting steady 120fps, 4k no DLSS. Pretty fantastic performance really. Every now and then I can sense a dip in frame rate, but it is rare.

There is an FPS option mine was also set to 60 but turned it up to 240

SOB there are 2 options for FPS limits saw one and didn't see the others, thanks guys!!

MikeM

Seems to run really well on PC. Surprised that console does not have an uncapped vrr option. This game could easily be in the 80 range most likely.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I'll probably going to call it there so I can get it early start tomorrow, but I am loving my Barbarian so far.

Got to level 19 and have been mainly leaning into the bleed aspect of the character and I feel like an unstoppable Force at the moment. Just walking up to groups of enemies and casting Rend feels so satisfying. Half their health bar gets converted into bleed damage and then I just turn around and use death blow to finish them off and since death blow resets it's cool down if you kill them with it I am just a whirlwind of blood and gore in tightly packed corridors.

I was so convinced that I was going to like it that I went ahead and canceled my Street fighter order because I'm not sure when I'm going to get around to playing it so I think I might have saved myself a few bucks there cuz I can get it down the road.

Last edited:

demigod

Good few hours of playtime. Some rubberbanding but nothing too bad. Them stress tests seem to have paid off.
I had massive rubberbanding. Then the game kicked me completely out. It forced a rescan and when i got back in no more rubberbanding.

I am getting screen tearing on an LG C2. It seems to be worse when i enable v-sync. Anyone else?

Mikado

Insane input lag during combat (seems mostly okay out of combat - FPS is fine so it's not a local perf issue). Hitboxes are all over the place. Slow tedious combat with no sense of impact. If this was Steam I would have refunded for now. Hopefully they get some patches into it and it picks up after a few updates.

Topher

Gold Member
Insane input lag during combat (seems mostly okay out of combat - FPS is fine so it's not a local perf issue). Hitboxes are all over the place. Slow tedious combat with no sense of impact. If this was Steam I would have refunded for now. Hopefully they get some patches into it and it picks up after a few updates.

What are you playing on?

Mikado

What are you playing on?
PC, 2070 Super, Just High settings, i9 9900K, SSD. Framerate is totally fine but it feels like the sim tickrate is way off. It's likely network related due to the general congestion but it definitely does not feel good. Maybe exacerbated by my class (Ranged Rogue)? It's possible a melee build would feel better under these conditions.

I've been playing my other ARPGs in offline mode so maybe I've got unrealistic expectations for online gameplay hah.

Kacho

So glad progress is permanent now. Hit 20 and I’m gonna get back at it tomorrow after work. Can’t wait for the weekend.

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

Sooo i know they are having login issues right now but did these fuckers disable console sharing? This would be probably the FIRST game i've bought that might not work on my wife's console so we can play together? Wtf ... Gonna keep trying to get her logged in but not looking good. I made my rogue and turned it off for now.
I'm farely certain this is an early access restriction only. Once we reach the 6th your wife will be able to play

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Has anyone ran into a couch co op situation where the host gets an award and the other player screen says they’ve already completed it?

I hosted a game with a necro, decided it was too busy for my tastes. I left the game while 2P was still in the world. I swapped with a level 1 Druid not too far into the prologue area. Right inside the first house. We complete a quest couch co op and it says my character already completed it? I’m gaining experience and so forth. It just says I’ve completed things and I don’t get the extra exp. Lol I’m only 3/4 exp from 2P. Im hoping this isn’t some weird glitch where I’m locked out of trophies or something where I don’t gain the progression on my character.

Probably need to just reboot and assess this tomorrow. 🕰️ The prologue area should be a free for all in terms of swapping characters. No one wants to redo the thing other than see the cool cutscenes.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Gold Member
With the challenges, what does the little skulls mean under the banner? Is that difficulty or are there levels or something?

Freeman76

You will run into players all the time, and as you get higher levels quite often you will find they get to mobs before you can. Reminds me of WoW when a new expansion drops in a way. I'm.glad the dungeons are instanced because it gets frustrating when XSniPAKILLa×× and his mates are aoe spamming all the mobs in the open world

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

They prevented game sharing on the consoles? Lol. I'm surprised they didn't cancel the physical version, because you can't prevent borrowing or reselling a disc copy so that multiple battle.net accounts can use it (although not at the same time).

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
The controller feature in Diablo 3 was to roll in whatever direction when you pressed the right stick. In Diablo 4 they've changed it to a dedicated button. Most of the "aiming" in Diablo games is automatic. You just attack the highlighted enemy based on the direction you're looking. The challenge comes from moving out of the way of bigger attacks, and knowing when to best use each skill and manage your cooldowns and energy. Every ARPG generally works like this on controller.

Maybe try a different ARPG if Diablo 4 would be your first, before you spend 70 dollars. They're a lot of fun, but if you go in expecting a dual-stick shooter, that's not quite what you'll be getting.

If you have PS Plus Extra, maybe try something like Warhammer Chaosbane. It's a budget ARPG that I played years ago. Maybe play an hour of that and then decide if you like the gameplay. It's VERY repetitive when it comes to content, though, so don't judge Diablo 4 from that game, but it will give you a good idea of how it feels to play an ARPG. I wouldn't keep playing it though.
I've played Diablo since it first came out, but read that D3 had some controller features, so thought they would be in D4 as well 😊
If I'm buying D4 I'll probably go with Rogue for snappy controller play.
Thanks for detailed info.

dotnotbot

They prevented game sharing on the consoles? Lol. I'm surprised they didn't cancel the physical version, because you can't prevent borrowing or reselling a disc copy so that multiple battle.net accounts can use it (although not at the same time).

There's a rumor there's activation code inside the case, backed by Blizzard support's weird response (claiming that it's normal for games on consoles, even though online passes disappeared like 10 years ago and never returned). I hope it's not true and support is just talking garbage as usual.

ooV7epo.png

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

There's a rumor there's activation code inside the case, backed by Blizzard support's weird response (claiming that it's normal for games on consoles, even though online passes disappeared like 10 years ago and never returned). I hope it's not true and support is just talking garbage as usual.

ooV7epo.png

Hm, the cover for the PS5 version only says 'Internet and PlayStation Plus Required for Online Multiplayer'. I think they would be obligated to tell about the single-use code as well (on the front cover).

Top Bottom