• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
So glad i can go straight to act 2.

Fuck act one finished that one 8 times lol…

Bought all the store DLC that’s available right now.
And got 500 euros worth of instore credits.

Lol fuck no
So can a starting character handle Act 2 or does it scale with your level? You’ll eventually have to go back and finish Act 1 right?

splattered

Sooo i know they are having login issues right now but did these fuckers disable console sharing? This would be probably the FIRST game i've bought that might not work on my wife's console so we can play together? Wtf ... Gonna keep trying to get her logged in but not looking good. I made my rogue and turned it off for now.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Not really seeing the cosmetic issues: all outfits aren't the ridiculous kneejerk price folks were whinging about and looks like (if you want to) you can get some sets for 12 bucks or so. I don't know why ANYONE would bother though as some of those for sure look good, but not good enough to throw money on. I think the best one is the NECRO lich set and mostly because of the helm; some of the SORC are nice too, but overall, I remember the stuff in game looking just as good. Feels like the premium items just have more doodads and bobs on them.

Sleepwalker

i am getting the license error bullshit, not going to buy mtx and restoring licenses just times out from psn. fuck this im out

Draugoth

Gold Member
Not really seeing the cosmetic issues: all outfits aren't the ridiculous kneejerk price folks were whinging about and looks like (if you want to) you can get some sets for 12 bucks or so. I don't know why ANYONE would bother though as some of those for sure look good, but not good enough to throw money on. I think the best one is the NECRO lich set and mostly because of the helm; some of the SORC are nice too, but overall, I remember the stuff in game looking just as good. Feels like the premium items just have more doodads and bobs on them.

If they were actually cheap i could give them a shot, but no. And all packs are for single type of character only lol

Some of the cosmetic packs are over half of the price of this game's standard edition.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Everything scales but you can find random knights that own you. I was level 5 and saw a level 20 knight praying. He almost one shot me and I barely escaped lol

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
Am I able to buy the standard version right now and start pre-loading the game to play on Tuesday, or are pre-loads essentially only for the ultimate edition?

DavidGzz

Scratch that, I guess I was in Scosglen. Enemies are level 15 and I'm 10. Getting my ass handed to me, I had to tele out.

Didn't have any issues logging in. Just hit level 15 Hardcore Barbarion. Did 3 dungeons and was close to death on one of the bosses. World Tier 2. Will take it down to WT1 cause scaling gets rough later unless you have god gear.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
If I want to play D4 like a dualstick shooter, which character suits me best?
Sorcerer or Rogue. They're the ranged classes, but keep in mind that you can't move in one direction and shoot in the other, so it doesn't exactly feel like a dual stick shooter. When you attack, you're stationary. Still, it's easy enough to quickly reposition or dodge out of the way of major attacks, which keeps things feeling fairly "action" oriented. That is the A in ARPG.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Didn't have any issues logging in. Just hit level 15 Hardcore Barbarion. Did 3 dungeons and was close to death on one of the bosses. World Tier 2. Will take it down to WT1 cause scaling gets rough later unless you have god gear.
WT2 sucks with level barb you get WAY more stronk endgame

Last edited:

Keinu

Tried restarting, tried downloading free stuff, still no luck. Refuse to buy some mtx stuff so I give up for now, better get some sleep and try again tomorrow.

Dude, what the fuck? I could log in on the PSN account I bought it on but when I try to log-on with the account I actually play on I get the licensing message error. Don't play us like this Blizzard, sort this shit out, early access indeed 🤡

Sleepwalker

Download something free from psn and then restart game seems to work as well
DIdn't work, the error is because I'm game sharing on PS with a friend, apparently they disabled game sharing for this game or at least for the early access.

My wife is on fine on series X lol, I hate actiblizz

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Damn, people were saying Druid was bad, but im obliterating everything with it.
I read where it’s not easy to manage his resources, leaving you open to lots of cooldowns early on. Insane DPS in wearbear form for short periods of time.

Seems like people think the Barb sucks at dps. I think I’ll go with the Storm/Lightning Druid build myself. Invincible wolf mode and casting lightning storms sounds sweet. I also main Barb pre and post Reaper of Souls.

Last edited:

Spukc

Lol i will just go everywhere first then play missions this is hilarious.. off to act 3 i go..

Sleepwalker

Dude, what the fuck? I could log in on the PSN account I bought it on but when I try to log-on with the account I actually play on I get the licensing message error. Don't play us like this Blizzard, sort this shit out, early access indeed 🤡

Yeah, they disabled game sharing, at least for early access. Who knows if for the final version as well.

They tied the early access and other ultimate edition bonuses to the account that made the purchase instead of sharing them like literally every other game, we are SOL.
Hopefully enough people make noise and it's resolved soon, otherwise paying for early access was a waste. Thank God I've got Street Fighter 6 to dull the pain lol

splattered

They tied the early access and other ultimate edition bonuses to the account that made the purchase instead of sharing them like literally every other game, we are SOL.
This fucking sucks, my wife has been super excited to play early access but only I can log in right now. I don't want to have to buy more copies of this game for early access... Esp if we can game share fine on actual launch? This is stupid.

Sleepwalker

This fucking sucks, my wife has been super excited to play early access but only I can log in right now. I don't want to have to buy more copies of this game for early access... Esp if we can game share fine on actual launch? This is stupid.
Well we dont know if we can actually gameshare on tuesday (haha kill me).

You can theoretically still play couch coop

bender

What time is it?
Oof, the prices on ther store are crazy.

The Golden Armor sets are $40 :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
laugh-laughing.gif

Same so refreshing.

Ngl didnt feel like playing act 1 again so glad i can just do whatever
Where is the Battle Pass menu? Blizzard gave me Ultimate Edition, but I don't see any menus for it. I got the pre order stuff tho for WoW and D4. Is Battle Pass not live till the 6th or till season starts?

Last edited:
Just learned this doesn't have couch co-op on PC, devastated. My wife has been excited to play it with me.

Can I get a refund so I can buy on Xbox?

Last edited:

Spukc

Where is the Battle Pass menu? Blizzard gave me Ultimate Edition, but I don't see any menus for it. I got the pre order stuff tho for WoW and D4. Is Battle Pass not live till the 6th or till season starts?
Same not a clue i assume we cant access it yet.

But dont worry we can buy shit!

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I believe its when the season starts.

Super positive on this so far, what a great first impression. No login issues(PC), super polished, looks fantastic and runs like fucking butter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom