• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF]: The Last of Us Part 1 PC vs PS5 - A Disappointing Port With Big Problems To Address

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Went back last night to see how things were and CPU is running all cores at 80%+ just sitting in the title screen doing nothing.

They seriously need to fix this joke of a port.
There's a big patch planned for the end of the week but even then I'm not expecting miracles. They would have to remove the port from the Steam store and completely redo some of the building blocks for it to be "optimized". As it stands, the best they can probably do is alleviate the crashes, patch the memory issues/leaks, and fix the bugs. Don't expect the performance profile to dramatically change. They could maybe find a way to diminish the VRAM footprint as I heard the latest fix dropped the usage by about 1GB but not much more. If they manage to get this port up to PC standards, that would be one hell of a feat of software engineering. Really not holding my breath for this to happen.

Last edited:

Nihilum

There's a big patch planned for the end of the week but even then I'm not expecting miracles. They would have to remove the port from the Steam store and completely redo some of the building blocks for it to be "optimized". As it stands, the best they can probably do is alleviate the crashes, patch the memory issues/leaks, and fix the bugs. Don't expect the performance profile to dramatically change. They could maybe find a way to diminish the VRAM footprint as I heard the latest fix dropped the usage by about 1GB but not much more. If they manage to get this port up to PC standards, that would be one hell of a feat of software engineering. Really not holding my breath for this to happen.
It can be brought up to a decent standard if Sony has the patience and money, it's very unlikely they will bother though. To be fair they did stick with Horizon which launched in a fairly rough state but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as this half assed port.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Matrix demo has not the asset diversity this game has and like most demos is repeating ad nauseatum the assets used. It's not about being linear or open world. It's about how many unique objects and (high resolution) textures the game has in each scenes. This is the hallmark of Naughty Dogs games since Uncharted games. This "linear" short game, using the very optimized oodle compression needs no less than 100GB to store everything.
I disagree. There is some copy pasta going on in the Matrix but even in larger areas of tlou, I am not seeing this incredibly dense rich environment that will need 32 GB of data in VRAM and System RAM at all times. It is fairly basic stuff. Outdoors you have some cars, some foliage, and some very simple looking buildings compared to the Matrix. Indoors is mostly all empty. Ive seen way better interiors in other games. I get that this was an artistic choice by ND, but the fact remains that 99% of the indoor areas are lacking objects and models we typically see in other games.

Besides, this is a game infamously broken up by squeezing through corridors and helping NPCs up ladders. Thats when they do all the loading. Why they need to have 20 GB of data waiting to be loading in and out of vram is beyond me. Even the biggest area in TLOU is smaller than the levels in TLOU2. I am just not buying it. These are still PS3 era levels with PS4 quality assets. They are tiny in comparison to what we saw in Uncharted. If an underground hotel scene in the basement is taking up 30 GB, what would the madascagar jeep chase take? 300 GB? thats an entire city with an incredible amount of detail in city streets.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
I was explaining to another user how an SSD can't be used to keep up with a rendering engine and it's buffers.
And for some reason I don't know, you quoted me and said the SSD doesn't need to be as fast as memory. As if implying it can be used in the rendering pipeline.

Lol I'm the one you quoted. No I'm not suggesting ssd can be used for rendering. Perhaps there's a communication mix up here

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

I’m not holding my breath for a miracle. I did notice around 1GB less VRAM being used from last time like you mentioned, but that was it.
Shader compilation was slowly doing its thing and I noped out of it. I’ll return Friday to see how performance is. If my CPU which is a few generations beyond PS5’s is working it’s ass off in the title screen - I probably won’t bother playing it.

I disagree. There is some copy pasta going on in the Matrix but even in larger areas of tlou, I am not seeing this incredibly dense rich environment that will need 32 GB of data in VRAM and System RAM at all times. It is fairly basic stuff. Outdoors you have some cars, some foliage, and some very simple looking buildings compared to the Matrix. Indoors is mostly all empty. Ive seen way better interiors in other games. I get that this was an artistic choice by ND, but the fact remains that 99% of the indoor areas are lacking objects and models we typically see in other games.

Besides, this is a game infamously broken up by squeezing through corridors and helping NPCs up ladders. Thats when they do all the loading. Why they need to have 20 GB of data waiting to be loading in and out of vram is beyond me. Even the biggest area in TLOU is smaller than the levels in TLOU2. I am just not buying it. These are still PS3 era levels with PS4 quality assets. They are tiny in comparison to what we saw in Uncharted. If an underground hotel scene in the basement is taking up 30 GB, what would the madascagar jeep chase take? 300 GB? thats an entire city with an incredible amount of detail in city streets.
32GB? Who stated that? At least make reasonnable claims. The main complaints are talking about medium textures with those 8GB cards. Again streaming is not only useful for open-world games. As long as your character moves, then new assets can be streamed in for the next room / corridor / area. Even turning around could cause it in theory.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

32GB? Who stated that? At least make reasonnable claims. The main complaints are talking about medium textures with those 8GB cards. Again streaming is not only useful for open-world games. As long as your character moves, then new assets can be streamed in for the next room / corridor / area. Even turning around could cause it in theory.
Read again. 32 gb in vram AND system ram. I’ve seen my system ram go over 20 gb in this game.

Hogwarts is very similar 25 gb is system ram alone.

These are just poorly optimized games.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Matrix demo has not the asset diversity this game has and like most demos is repeating ad nauseatum the assets used. It's not about being linear or open world. It's about how many unique objects and (high resolution) textures the game has in each scenes. This is the hallmark of Naughty Dogs games since Uncharted games. This "linear" short game, using the very optimized oodle compression needs no less than 100GB to store everything.

Exactly this. Comparing TLOU port to the Matrix and even Spiderman PC is apples to oranges. TLOU assets are much more varied and most of the time you are entering intricate interior environments and cinematics of unparalleled quality every 5min or so. Players may not appreciate the design over something like the matrix or Spiderman but that doesn't take away from it's technical demands. I would say Demon Souls is a much better comparison. And I don't think it's a coincidence as to why it hasn't been announced for PC yet. Mark my words, the same issues will persist for the eventual PC port as well.

Alex11

Read again. 32 gb in vram AND system ram. I’ve seen my system ram go over 20 gb in this game.

Hogwarts is very similar 25 gb is system ram alone.

These are just poorly optimized games.
They really are, but I'm guessing it's gonna get fixed, I mean, lol, I can now play Cyberpunk on my ancient 1050 Ti at 1080p on medium and even some settings on high, but at launch I had to play at 720p on low.

yamaci17

Best case scenario at ultra.... NO differences. You need Ultra quality to match or come close to ps5 quality

just because ultra and ps5 is comparable doesnt mean ps5 runs it at ultra settings. instead, ultra and high settings are mostly identical on PC as well so I don't see your point. high preset is enough to match PS5 quality most likely. also ps5 is running 4k at 30 fps, whereas I can get 4k / dlss perf and 50 FPS locked.

this is how 60 FPS mode on PS5 would look at native 1440p versus 4k dlss performance;

so if i want high frame rate fluidity, I'm able to get higher quality thanks to higher resolution. (despite internally being at 1080p)

" You need Ultra quality to match or come close to ps5 quality" if you come close to ps5's quality at high preset, you don't have to chase for "ultra". So; no.

Find me a video where high ultra and ps5 is compared against each other, only then your claim can be credible. I'd also like to see a comparison against the 60 FPS mode. I can push tons of rasterization settings to ultra and keep 30/40 FPS target too on my 3070.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Why did Iron Galaxy do this and not Nixxes?
Sigh. ND made this.

They brought in iron galaxy at the end to help out a little bit.

Or to take the fall for the issues they knew they were shipping with.

They really are, but I'm guessing it's gonna get fixed, I mean, lol, I can now play Cyberpunk on my ancient 1050 Ti at 1080p on medium and even some settings on high, but at launch I had to play at 720p on low.
Anything is possible. They managed to reduce VRAM usage by a gig in just one week. The problem is that the issues go beyond the poor VRAM utilization. The CPU usage would require them to redesign their entire codebase for the port and im not sure if thats happening anytime soon. Unless of course, its a bug but they wouldve found that during QA.

Hogwarts fixed most of its issues but ram usage is still very high in RT two months later. I simply cannot play these games with RT on. Doesnt matter if i use native res, dlss quality or dlss performance. Gotham knights i the same. Game runs smooth as butter but with RT its a crap shoot.

ND might be able to fix the more glaring issues with the game but i highly doubt they will go back to the drawing board and fix stuff like low settings needing 6GB of vram.

SlimySnake

Best case scenario at ultra.... NO differences. You need Ultra quality to match or come close to ps5 quality

DF already found that ultra is slightly better. This guy is good at comparisons, but hes bad at finding PC settings.

PS5 is very likely using High Settings. Ultra settings at 1440p push the game to 12GB in vram alone.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I was explaining to another user how an SSD can't be used to keep up with a rendering engine and it's buffers.
And for some reason I don't know, you quoted me and said the SSD doesn't need to be as fast as memory. As if implying it can be used in the rendering pipeline.

Because the PS5 does not have the instruction set for Sampler Feedback.
And Sony never talked about memory reduction usage through this technique. They talked about having a fast SSD.
Brute force VS efficiency

yamaci17

DF already found that ultra is slightly better. This guy is good at comparisons, but hes bad at finding PC settings.

PS5 is very likely using High Settings. Ultra settings at 1440p push the game to 12GB in vram alone.
I wonder if SSR is disabled on PS5 or really buggy on PC. Which part is 4:58 exactly? I'd like to test it out.

could be that ultra setting is bugged too. refraction setting at ultra (multi layered refraction) is bugged for example (lanterns and some stuff wont cast shadows). all the more reasons why I think ps5 runs at high preset

Last edited:

Alex11

Anything is possible. They managed to reduce VRAM usage by a gig in just one week. The problem is that the issues go beyond the poor VRAM utilization. The CPU usage would require them to redesign their entire codebase for the port and im not sure if thats happening anytime soon. Unless of course, its a bug but they wouldve found that during QA.

Hogwarts fixed most of its issues but ram usage is still very high in RT two months later. I simply cannot play these games with RT on. Doesnt matter if i use native res, dlss quality or dlss performance. Gotham knights i the same. Game runs smooth as butter but with RT its a crap shoot.

ND might be able to fix the more glaring issues with the game but i highly doubt they will go back to the drawing board and fix stuff like low settings needing 6GB of vram.
Well I'm hoping, but damn, this game just made me have real doubts buying a GPU, I was set on 3070.

SlimySnake

I wonder if SSR is disabled on PS5 or really buggy on PC. Which part is 4:58 exactly? I'd like to test it out.

could be that ultra setting is bugged too. refraction setting at ultra (multi layered refraction) is bugged for example (lanterns and some stuff wont cast shadows). all the more reasons why I think ps5 runs at high preset
First area in Bills Town chapter.

SSR might be bugged on PC on ultra settings like shadows in some areas.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
just because ultra and ps5 is comparable doesnt mean ps5 runs it at ultra settings. instead, ultra and high settings are mostly identical on PC as well so I don't see your point. high preset is enough to match PS5 quality most likely. also ps5 is running 4k at 30 fps, whereas I can get 4k / dlss perf and 50 FPS locked.

this is how 60 FPS mode on PS5 would look at native 1440p versus 4k dlss performance;

so if i want high frame rate fluidity, I'm able to get higher quality thanks to higher resolution. (despite internally being at 1080p)

" You need Ultra quality to match or come close to ps5 quality" if you come close to ps5's quality at high preset, you don't have to chase for "ultra". So; no.

Find me a video where high ultra and ps5 is compared against each other, only then your claim can be credible. I'd also like to see a comparison against the 60 FPS mode. I can push tons of rasterization settings to ultra and keep 30/40 FPS target too on my 3070.

If there are no benefits from ultra vs very high.... WHICH THERE ARE NOT as he showed....
Then it makes no sense to say "but ps5 runs at very high and pc at ultra". Nobody ever would know which is ultra and which is very high. It would be easier to spot the issues or broken features in pc version though.
Seriously.... the ultra is there for no reason at all. it gives no additional tangible and worth it benefits. Could just as well add super ultra only to brag that pc can run "super ultra" and ps5 does not.

We are comparing graphics here. That's why he is using 4k mode on ps5.
Performance is 1440p. There is no 4k with balance dlss on consoles, so obviously pc will look sharper at "1440p" which is not 1440p but 4k with balanced dlss.

SlimySnake

Well I'm hoping, but damn, this game just made me have real doubts buying a GPU, I was set on 3070.
yeah, hold off on buying anything below 12 GB for now. Both AMD's 7000 series and Nvidia's 4000 series offerings are very underwhelming and half baked.

Their budget $500-600 offerings are going to be much much worse. Amd in terms of performance and Nvidia's reluctance to put more than 8GB in these cards.

Just wait until these prices inevitably crash and buy a 7900xtx or 4080 for $700.

SlimySnake

If there are no benefits from ultra vs very high.... WHICH THERE ARE NOT as he showed....
Then it makes no sense to say "but ps5 runs at very high and pc at ultra". Nobody ever would know which is ultra and which is very high. It would be easier to spot the issues or broken features in pc version though.
Seriously.... the ultra is there for no reason at all. it gives no additional tangible and worth it benefits. Could just as well add super ultra only to brag that pc can run "super ultra" and ps5 does not.

We are comparing graphics here. That's why he is using 4k mode on ps5.
Performance is 1440p. There is no 4k with balance dlss on consoles, so obviously pc will look sharper at "1440p" which is not 1440p but 4k with balanced dlss.
But thats how every single Ultra setting on PC works. The difference is mostly negligible which is why we have entire channels dedicated to giving us optimized settings. Doesnt mean PS5 is using ultra settings.

In the PC menu, they show you exactly whats different between ultra and high. Sometimes, the backpack handles are more detailed, sometimes the reflections include a lot more details, shadows on foliage have self shadows on ultra which they do not on high. We honestly cant just look at stuff and ballpark, hey it looks close enough so it must be using ultra settings.

This is what you said and its simply not an accurate statement to make:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons

[/URL]
[/URL]

Damn 4K DLSS performance looks incredible. I never used performance on DLSS, only use quality or balanced since i thought that performance mode would look much much worse.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
But thats how every single Ultra setting on PC works. The difference is mostly negligible which is why we have entire channels dedicated to giving us optimized settings. Doesnt mean PS5 is using ultra settings.

In the PC menu, they show you exactly whats different between ultra and high. Sometimes, the backpack handles are more detailed, sometimes the reflections include a lot more details, shadows on foliage have self shadows on ultra which they do not on high. We honestly cant just look at stuff and ballpark, hey it looks close enough so it must be using ultra settings.

This is what you said and its simply not an accurate statement to make:
But there is no ultra difference this time.
Normally there is SOME difference on ultra... at least anything. here, there is nothing. Really nothing.
I hate redundant settings

SlimySnake

how DLSS manages to get MORE detail in these scenes at a lower resolution is always mind blowing to me. You can see foliage and the windows feature a lot more detail in your comparisons. Just incredible stuff.

I saw some very bad shimmering in the Financial District area on distant buildings in native 4k last night. Switched to dlss quality and those shimmers were pretty much all gone.

begotten

Iron Galaxy only helped them. Not sure what that means, but most of the port was done by Naughty Dog

So after their first few rocky PC Ports - they spend money on acquiring Nixxes to handle ports, only to keep using First Party and other people to rush things out (presumably in this case because of a TV show).

Sounds like lousy management.

SlimySnake

But there is no ultra difference this time.
Normally there is SOME difference on ultra... at least anything. here, there is nothing. Really nothing.
I hate redundant settings
But i literally just told you that there are differences...

In the PC menu, they show you exactly whats different between ultra and high. Sometimes, the backpack handles are more detailed, sometimes the reflections include a lot more details, shadows on foliage have self shadows on ultra which they do not on high.
Just watched your video. He mentions several upgrades in the PC version. Shadows, reflection resolution, and foliage density in the distance. And these are just things he noticed.

HE shouldve gone setting by setting to do the comparisons.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
But i literally just told you that there are differences...

Just watched your video. He mentions several upgrades in the PC version. Shadows, reflection resolution, and foliage density in the distance. And these are just things he noticed.

it doesn't matter what you told me. There are no ultra benefits here. Barely even with 400% zoom....

SlimySnake

So after their first few rocky PC Ports - they spend money on acquiring Nixxes to handle ports, only to keep using First Party and other people to rush things out (presumably in this case because of a TV show).

Nixxes is one studio. They ported two games last year and helped GG with the Horizon DLSS patch. They cant work on everything.

Sony first party is transitioning to PC development due to their new GaaS focus. Herman wants GaaS to release on PC day one which means ND has to learn PC development.

They had contracted Iron Galaxy for the Uncharted port last year, and it shipped in a pretty decent state even though the 17 tflops 3070 was effectively working as a 10 tflops PS5. They shouldve had iron galaxy port this but again, ND is making Factions and that is releasing on PC day one so it made sense to give that project to ND. I wouldnt call trusting your best first party studio lousy management. We can argue who is to be blamed for this fuck up, but even then its murky waters. We dont know if the engineers kept this from Studio heads Druckman and Evan Wells. We dont know if Druckman kept this from Herman. We dont know if Herman kept this from Jim Ryan. Maybe they all knew and shipped it to get it out in the fiscal year. In that case, yes its bad management but the idea to give ND the port had sound logic behind it.

Nixxes will likely work with Insomniac to port Ratchet and Spiderman.

SlimySnake

it doesn't matter what you told me. There are no ultra benefits here. Barely even with 400% zoom....
watch the video you posted. there are 100% differences in the video YOU yourself posted. the guy literally admits as much.

maybe you watched the wrong video.

yamaci17

SlimySnake SlimySnake okay here it is with High preset (except textures)

what do you think? looks okay to me, similar to ps5. there are dithering artifacts that I believe caused by DLSS

recording brutalizes the performance at 4K, sorry

Last edited:

SlimySnake

SlimySnake SlimySnake okay here it is with High preset (except textures)

what do you think? looks okay to me, similar to ps5. there are dithering artifacts that I believe caused by DLSS

recording brutalizes the performance at 4K, sorry

yeah, it looks like a bug on ultra just like the shadow bug DF found during the 1 hour long video. it was only an issue on ultra.

I had a similar bug in hogwarts. I played at ultra settings but the reflections looked awful compared to the PS5 version. I was pretty fucking pissed until a PC youtuber pointed out that reflections on ultra are fucked and we should downgrade to High to get way better reflections. All of a sudden the castle finally had reflections and the game looked just as good if not better the PS5 version.

Just another proof that they didnt test this shit at all.

yamaci17

yeah, it looks like a bug on ultra just like the shadow bug DF found during the 1 hour long video. it was only an issue on ultra.

I had a similar bug in hogwarts. I played at ultra settings but the reflections looked awful compared to the PS5 version. I was pretty fucking pissed until a PC youtuber pointed out that reflections on ultra are fucked and we should downgrade to High to get way better reflections. All of a sudden the castle finally had reflections and the game looked just as good if not better the PS5 version.

Just another proof that they didnt test this shit at all.

Yep; in Hogwarts that setting is called "effects". With it at high, reflections looked very good, similar to what ray tracing produces in regular viewing angles... at ultra... it just destroyed SSR altogether. it was funny seeing ultra vs ultra+ray tracing comparisons where reflections was absent on tha ultra side side.

RDR2 has a lot of bugged ultra / high settings too, I believe, parallax mapping at ultra is broken for example. I, too, start to feel like they just turn some knobs up without much of a care or attention to fill the need of niche of having "ultra settings that brings highend gpus to their knees".

Lysandros

How would a single studio possibly handle all the ports? But i agree somewhat, this is the consequence of Sony's eagerness to go multiplatform with PC. They made a choice, now they will have to manage the 'side effects'.

Robbinhood

Banned
PS5 is an interesting console because first party teams will presumably make games for PS5 first and port to PC later.

Next gen consoles have different bandwidth performances with their unified architecture and memory as well as a baseline NVMe speed/bandwidth so the whole package is running at a pretty great base level. That means you effectively have to cut out large chunks of hardware configurations when porting for PC. Especially in the future when these games really start pushing the envelope. Its going to be really interesting to see how that plays out. Actually, traditionally in the past this would happen like when 360 launched, a lot of pc hardware became obsolete. I have a 3070 gpu and this is straddling the line since it has better performance than next gen but worse memory overall (8gb). I'm also rocking an SSD not an m2 drive.

Xbox builds concurrently for PC so they can optimize for it, would they have to build for a lower spec than? Does that limit what they can do? Theoretically maybe. Again it will be fascinating to witness the next 2 years.

Demons souls and Ratchet would be good cases for what PC ports would look like.

begotten

How would a single studio possibly handle all the ports? But i agree somewhat, this is the consequence of Sony's eagerness to go multiplatform with PC. They made a choice, now they will have to manage the 'side effects'.

My problem isn't about Nixxes doing everything. I understand they can't.

My problem is if Sony are going to commit to PC ports and reinforce this by acquiring Nixxes, then maybe improve their management and work pipeline instead of still continuing to have shakey releases.

They wouldn't let these games come out this like this on console, why half ass it and rush releases.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
watch the video you posted. there are 100% differences in the video YOU yourself posted. the guy literally admits as much.

maybe you watched the wrong video.
There is only one difference on the face watch and I honestly don't see it. You could achieve more with sharpening filter than ultra.... and some shadows. WOW SUCH ULTRA. GTFO WITH THIS ULTRA CRAP. None of this justify 4080
All other differences are negative for pc...

yamaci17

There is only one difference on the face watch and I honestly don't see it. You could achieve more with sharpening filter than ultra.... and some shadows. WOW SUCH ULTRA. GTFO WITH THIS ULTRA CRAP. None of this justify 4080
and who said it did?

Jim Carrey What GIF

most negatives come from the bugged ultra settings. I enjoy the game on my 3070. what's wrong with that? I can't? Should I drop the game and play on PS5 if I do not get an image quality improvement over PS5 ? (to be fair, I do, but that's another topic)

just play at high if you're on PC and you don't have a PS5. since you have a ps5 and PC, you always think from your own perspective for some reason. you have the option to play on ps5 if a game does not boast improvements over ps5. not everyone have multiple systems in their homes. I don't need any gaming platform other than PC personally , I just enjoy whatever comes my way

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
and who said it did?

Jim Carrey What GIF

most negatives come from the bugged ultra settings. I enjoy the game on my 3070. what's wrong with that? I can't? Should I drop the game and play on PS5 if I do not get an image quality improvement over PS5 ? (to be fair, I do, but that's another topic)

just play at high if you're on PC and you don't have a PS5. since you have a ps5 and PC, you always think from your own perspective for some reason. you have the option to play on ps5 if a game does not boast improvements over ps5. not everyone have multiple systems in their homes. I don't need any gaming platform other than PC personally , I just enjoy whatever comes my way
it's fine but wtf would they include ultra settings if it's just there to confuse people since high/very high already look the best the game looks.
edit: 30fps mode is fine. I dont mind.
but 1440p mode runs 70-90fps on ps5 if someone dont want 30fps. It's just 1440p though. Not 4k with dlss obviously

Last edited:

yamaci17

it's fine but wtf would they include ultra settings if it's just there to confuse people since high/very high already look the best the game looks.
30fps mode is fine. I dont mind.
but 1440p mode runs 70-90fps on ps5 if someone dont want 30fps. It's just 1440p though. Not 4k with dlss obviously
well then a person playing at 4k / dlss gets that benefit. I'd say there are quite substantial visual improvements at 4k (whether you use TSR, DLSS or FSR) against 1440p. and on PS5, you either have to sacrifice on resolution or FPS. i'm a not an FPS snub, mind you. I myself play at locked 45 FPS, but at 4K/dlss.
to be fair, ND is at mistake here. we saw many games incorporate 4k upscaled 40 fps modes for other games, or simply 4k/upscaled 60 fps modes. this game being stranded to "raw" 1440p for 60+ fps feels wrong on many perspectives. for a 70 buck premium product that is solely designed for PS5, it feels very very wrong

for why ultra settings feel jank with performance cost without a big bump to image quality: I agree with above post. port is broken in many aspects. I'm not surprised

maybe their game is too "fixed" spec that they couldn't find anything meaningful things that could improve image quality in this case and instead turned up some knobs in the hope they'd just chew away framerates.

you lose %30 performance going from high to ultra with a 3080. that's huge considering the image quality difference

maybe they just troll people, I dunno, I don't care as my hardware is not capable of ultra usually so I always feel right at home with high settings anyways

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
4k is a major deal for this game and big plus on PC because naughty dog doesn't use reconstruction (silly of them). Otherwise yeah I agree with you rofif rofif , I don't understand the logic behind calling PS5 settings high vs PC ultra especially when DF says there's no visual improvement

This is a CDPR level fuck-up IMO. Everyone behind the scenes knew it was unacceptable, but decided to take people's money anyway due to the HBO zeitgeist.

You have to pull some shit for Valve to expand their refund policy.
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

This is a CDPR level fuck-up IMO. Everyone behind the scenes knew it was unacceptable, but decided to take people's money anyway due to the HBO zeitgeist.

You have to pull some shit for Valve to expand their refund policy.
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Friday will be a big day. How much if anything will be fixed in this "Performance" patch.

That said Sony won't care. Long term the game will do well even if it takes until the HBO show roles around again.

Vick

Man, stop defending this piece of shit.

A very slight, unnoticeable increase in LOD and shadows (already PCSS on PS5) in trade for downgraded light shafts, downgraded water physics, downgraded sound, downgraded controls on controllers etc. and all this from Nick alone, who failed to see the hundreds of downgrades in the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves release. I wouldn't be suprised to see the dynamic GI being downgraded hard just like it happened with Uncharted for instance.

Top Bottom