• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Ion Fury - Every Console Tested - How An Ancient Engine Stresses Current-Gen CPUs

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The patch is finally out on PS4 and the game now runs beautifully. I imagine its also out for xbox too.

Reactions: RSB

DavoX

Neo Member
Didn't know I had a user here heh.

Yes, patch arrived on both Xbox One and PS4. We are waiting for the day nintendo uploads it as well.

Here is our patch changelog if you are insterested:

(Assume these will also be available for Switch when it arrives)

Version 1.06:
- Fixed stuttering issue (timer issue) [All]
- Fixed inverted Aim option not saving properly [All]
- Fixed TROR rendering issues [Switch]
- Fixed flickering when entering different zone [All]
- Fixed crash when hitting Centipede with Shocker [PS4]
- Fixed sensitivity not saving properly [XB1]
- Fixed status messages not displaying [All]
- Fixed softlock in Z3A1 [All]
- Fixed player may turn 180 degrees while shooting [All]
- Other miscellaneous fixes and improvements [All]

Nice to see the console versions getting patched up. Now if only they supported KB+M.

Also...this thread is a shitshow...people are still arguing over Skub 9 months later!?

Banned
Nice to see the console versions getting patched up. Now if only they supported KB+M.

agreed, at least on Xbox that should be pretty straight forward as it has mouse and keyboard support pretty much integrated by now.
for example, I played Minectaft Dungeons yesterday, just trying it out (it's alright, but a bit bland from what I played), and I have my chat pad connected to it, and noticed that basically all the keyboard bindings of the PC version are still active on the Xbox version even on the chat pad... so M opens the map, I opens your inventory, 1-3 are your abilities etc. all working just like that.
so some games basically have mouse and keyboard support on accident it seem lol.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Didn't know I had a user here heh.

Yes, patch arrived on both Xbox One and PS4. We are waiting for the day nintendo uploads it as well.

Here is our patch changelog if you are insterested:

(Assume these will also be available for Switch when it arrives)

Version 1.06:
- Fixed stuttering issue (timer issue) [All]
- Fixed inverted Aim option not saving properly [All]
- Fixed TROR rendering issues [Switch]
- Fixed flickering when entering different zone [All]
- Fixed crash when hitting Centipede with Shocker [PS4]
- Fixed sensitivity not saving properly [XB1]
- Fixed status messages not displaying [All]
- Fixed softlock in Z3A1 [All]
- Fixed player may turn 180 degrees while shooting [All]
- Other miscellaneous fixes and improvements [All]

It is so refreshing and unique seeing such game style brought back, had to double dip at launch on PS4 and Switch, and tuned to 11 so to speak. There is something about this game that is unique and refreshing.
Ion Fury and DOOM 64 remaster are my FPS shooters of the year (even DOOM wise there is something about DOOM64 graphics, environments, mood, and gameplay that made it my favourite DOOM back then and still now).

I was prepared for a classic Build feature set, was not prepared for this game to take advantage of advancements in the tooling and engine itself. More more :), want more!

Edit: appreciate patch notes, prefer to see some meat in the Changelog compared to a “changes made, things improved” that sometimes happen.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Switch version has some weird issues post level/section load. It has tendency to warp you back a few seconds after this loads. It also has some weird issue loading level geometry from time to time, mostly ceilings.

It is so refreshing and unique seeing such game style brought back, had to double dip at launch on PS4 and Switch, and tuned to 11 so to speak. There is something about this game that is unique and refreshing.
Ion Fury and DOOM 64 remaster are my FPS shooters of the year (even DOOM wise there is something about DOOM64 graphics, environments, mood, and gameplay that made it my favourite DOOM back then and still now).

I was prepared for a classic Build feature set, was not prepared for this game to take advantage of advancements in the tooling and engine itself. More more :), want more!

The more I played Doom 64, the less I liked it. Playing a slightly tweaked version of Doom with new levels was great at first, but I think a lot of the level design lets the game down overall. Ion Fury is the opposite. I love exploring the levels.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Switch version has some weird issues post level/section load. It has tendency to warp you back a few seconds after this loads. It also has some weird issue loading level geometry from time to time, mostly ceilings.

The more I played Doom 64, the less I liked it. Playing a slightly tweaked version of Doom with new levels was great at first, but I think a lot of the level design lets the game down overall. Ion Fury is the opposite. I love exploring the levels.

Well, we will have to disagree on DOOM64 level design hehe :), for me it was fresh and clearly made by DOOM fans that was Ted to make the game’s justice... yes it had a slight new spin to it that may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it was mine (double dipped on that too).

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

This is still pre-patch or the latest patch just mentioned finally landed?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

🤢

xrnzaaas

I'm glad the stuttering issue went away, but the framerate can still drop occassionally when there's a lot of stuff on the screen (like in the stadium level). Anyway it's much much better and the game is finally playable.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Did the Xbox one version ever get the inverted patch? Looked over Google and cant see anything Xbox related, only Ps4..

Wouldnt mind picking this up today.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Wait you cant do inverted on console?, you can on PC, even when it was in early access.
Well, you can but on the systems side. Which means if you boot up another game then that games inversion becomes unverted..

So you have to go back into the systems settings and turn it off. It's a royal pain in the arse.

I guess the game never got the patch, which is a shame.

Top Bottom