• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 3 SE for PC - POS Confirmed -

Lince said:
DMC3 SE PC released today in Spain

In two words: Complete crap

Max resolution is 1152 x 864, no AA or AF support, most cut-scenes are very badly compressed movies from the PS2 version, instances of slowdown in areas where PS2 was 60 fps strong (AMD 4400 X2 + Nvidia 7800 GT + 2GB RAM, latest drivers,

Does this mean the ps2 is more powerful then those pc specs? lol :lol

Some people around here take examples like this and go run off with it..espeically when its a pc game running on a console and the console version is piss poor compared to the pc version simply because of a crappy port job done by the developers... Prey on 360 comes to mind though tis not exactly a piss poor port

Core407

Banned
WTF? I just got it and my max resolution is 1600x1200 and it runs ridiculously well ! I'm on an 8500 AIW and it runs fine in 1600x1200 resolution and the gamepad support is pretty good. The only problem? The right analog stick moves your character and the left one does nothing. :| I'm using the Xbox Controller S with the Redcl0ud driver though.

renvi

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
shocking!

i bet the port was done by a chinese company
Shitty ass works can be done by any company. Plus you have no prof this port is done by chinese company. so **** YOU for your stupidlity.

Doom_Bringer said:
I am not discriminating...I knew these ports were going to suck shit. Just go play Grandia II (PS2), Dino Crisis 2 etc on PC and you will see what I am talking about. Big Japanese companies outsource porting to crappy asian developers to save $$$.

you think japanese company can make good ports, perhaps you should check out the new released Biohazard 2 and Biohazard 3 for XP. They are done by a Japanese company called Source Next. and it is quite big too. so a big **** YOU is given to you once again.

BTW, the PC port for DMC3 SE is done by Source Next as well.
http://www.sourcenext.com/titles/ent/70570/

MutFox

Banned
This is taken right from the README.txt file of DMC3-SE...
4.Footnote
----------------------------------------
[QUIT GAME]
To quit the game, press Alt key and F4 key simultaneously.

[CHANGING LANGUAGE]
If you wish to change the language of the game,
you must first uninstall the game and then when reinstalling
select the appropriate language.

[CHANGING SCREEN RESOLUTION]
You can change the resolution of your screen in the GAME OPTIONS.
Please note that the maximum resolution you can obtain is dependent on the resolution of monitor.

I tried the game, it's absolute CRAP. (Haven't actually got into the game yet.)
First thing, for PC games you shouldn't have to press ESC or 0 to enter menu's.
(ENTER key is pretty much the universal command for that.)

I'll soon be hooking up my gamepad to try it out. (Hopefully I don't have too many problems)
Maybe a little JOYTOKEY action will make it a better experience...
Plus I already took a look at the dmcse.ini file,
and it looks like some of the annoyances can be fixed.

suikodan

Yeah, I'm bumping this post because a patch came out for the game:
http://patches.ubi.com/devil_may_cry_3/devil_may_cry_3_1.1.0.exe

Basically, it includes a little setup program for the joypad. You can map your gamepad's buttons for the game and for those (like me) who have inverted sticks problems, the setup can reverse the sticks so the left stick is used for movement.

Verdicts: It plays a lot better although I don't understand why the directionnal buttons won't answer now. I am still deceived by the slow framerate that I get on my machine, a 2.4 Ghx with Radeon 9600.

I got it for less than 20$ so I can't really complain.

Zenith

Banned
The default keyboard controls work great for me. combo after combo. silky smooth frame rate but boo to lack of FSAA.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
[CHANGING SCREEN RESOLUTION]
You can change the resolution of your screen in the GAME OPTIONS.
Please note that the maximum resolution you can obtain is dependent on the resolution of monitor.
This is not true. The game is the worst console to PC port I've ever seen.

MutFox

Banned
Funky Papa said:
This is not true. The game is the worst console to PC port I've ever seen.
I did it, though right after, you gotta start a game, save,THEN you can exit.
It's friggin RETARDED.

stalker

DMC3 SE is coming to Europe and it IS a budget release (I pre-ordered for 19€). It is listed on every online retailer for late september or early october, and the price announced ranges from 19 to 29 € (12 to 19 gbp).
No announce has been made about this version not coming to Europe.

EDIT: sorry, i did not see that this was a bumped old thread. Anyway, I am talking about the ps2 version.

Yazan

stalker said:
DMC3 SE is coming to Europe and it IS a budget release (I pre-ordered for 19€). It is listed on every online retailer for late september or early october, and the price announced ranges from 19 to 29 € (12 to 19 gbp).
No announce has been made about this version not coming to Europe.

The PC-version is already out (came for over 1 month ago).

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Yazan said:
The PC-version is already out (came for over 1 month ago).

pc version doesn't count. pc version is like banging a post-op, while the ps2 version is jessica alba.

Orodreth

Funky Papa said:
I was waiting for RE4, but now I wonder if I should pick up the GC version for cheap...

Dont know if the ps2/pc extras are worth but i recently finished the GC version, progressive enabled in a samsung r71b 26", and it looked fantastic.

{Mike}

Banned
Funky Papa said:
Whaaaat? Have you tried to use the Xbox pad with the xcd driver?

What? Infuriating...

Try to force them from the graphics card menu.

Good grief...

I was waiting for RE4, but now I wonder if I should pick up the GC version for cheap...

or the ps2 one. Or wait for Platinum

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Brobzoid said:
pc version doesn't count. pc version is like banging a post-op, while the ps2 version is jessica alba.

I think you mean botched post op.

Yazan

Brobzoid said:

I know, I just told the guy I quoted that the shit is already out.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
NotMSRP said:
so PS2 DMC3SE + PS2emu(a much later version) FTW?

I will dare you that the emulated PS2 version is better, even with today's emu.

Top Bottom