• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dev states that their game will have lower fps on PS5 than on XSX. Blames Sony (...then Unity, then deletes original Tweet)

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
So if you want to develop for PS5 then use the Unreal engine. Problem solved.

jose4gg

The fact that you have to explain why XSX is more powerful/faster is ridiculous, it doesn't matter, even if MS upclock the GPU let's imagine @2.22Ghz you'll still hear "well technically ps5 is faster"

I think he's referring to this part of the quote :
"And what Sony are essentially saying are, here's your tool of options, you can absolutely throttle to the max. We prefer if you didn't, but if there's like a fringe case where you're just off that tiny bit of performance you need, we will let you squeeze a little bit extra."

Exactly, Sony will recommend developers to been able to distribute the charge between the CPU/GPU, but even if they can't Sony does not expect the system to shut down or the performance to go below the expectations. If there is a limit, PS will have that limit in place, just like they said the capped the frequency at 2.23 and not highter because there were logic issues.

Neo Blaster

Last edited:
It looks like this person was really naive.

I remember some big names criticising the ps3 when it first released, but those were big names in the industry. You can't make these types of comments if you're just starting out or haven't yet made a big impact in the industry.

mortal

Gold Member
Why do the developers with the hottest takes on the differences between these consoles always have games that look like this?

orphan-of-the-machine-xbox-series-x-2-5-740x370.png

Forgive me for "doubting the experts" here, but is the sequel to the addictinggames.com flash Shark game really pushing either of them? Did they REALLY tear into the API for bespoke optimizations for the hardware to render this dolphin? I might think that entering the console wars is the most free attention they get...

Edit: Aaand they're not even using the Tempest engine, and using Unity.This isn't a console performance thing, it's an indie dev hasn't optimized thing.
Hold on, this is the game he claims won't run at 120fps on PS5?

PVJRFT1.gif

AllBizness

Banned
Something seems of though. this is one of his tweets

Some OOTM tidbits. 4k/120 on XBSX, 4k/60 on XB1X, 940p/60 on XB1, 4k/60 on PS5, 1080p/60 on PS4Pro/PS4, 720/60 docked on Switch, not sure about Switch handheld mode yet. Those are the target resolutions and frame rates.

just look at those numbers 4k 60 on xb1x but ps5 the same.
Lots of fanboy indy dev's out there nowadays.

Redlancet

Banned
But dude, Sony fanboys are literally insulting a PS5 designer while giving death threats to the little children of the developer who leaked the PS5 designer statements.

They have beaten all the Olympics records by miles, they just got disqualified for substance abuse.

when sony fans have anything similar to that brasilian guy,milgrau and similar,endorsed and backer by ms come and tell me

Last edited:

Redlancet

Banned

as i said before you forgot the 360 ps3 days,the funy thing is the difference on power on the series x vs ps5 is lesser than the xbox x and pro..and nobody cares

GHG

That's why I've been sticking with this 43" TV; it costs me only $671 (including tax and shipping).

Here's my setup, by the way.

78Eumw2.jpg

The best reasonably priced 43" monitor that's any good is this one:

Doesn't do high refresh rate but does everything else well.

I mean, it’s not like Sony did anything bad. Their console is less powerful, if that hurts your feelings it’s on you, not Sony. Sony never claimed to have the most powerful next gen system anyway right?
Ps2 games were just better than og xbox graphically but Specwise are worse actually, there are no excuse for Sony anymore, when they did it before it means they could do it again unless they lower their standards which is the case obviously.

This whole 120fps thing.. The difference between 30 and 60fps is night and day. Nobody can argue this. Although I find a stable 30fps fine for most games.

I've never experienced 120fps but I can't imagine it makes a fuck of difference? Are you even able to tell? outside of competitive shooters where it could perhaps give you a leg up?
Yes you can tell between 60 and 120.
easily too.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I'm fresh out of cookies, but good for you, champ.

I trust that you can as well make better games than his even with zero background. My experience is LittleBigPlanet and made made better levels there than his 2 crappy games. He's the lowest of the lowest of game devs talents and only making some buzz to get some attention to his games that would be very successful if sold more than 10 copies combined.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
9tf console with lower memory bandwidth performs worse than 12tf console with higher memory bandwidth... Is this possible?

Referring to the PS5 as a 9TF console at this point is trolling.
I trust that you can as well make better games than his even with zero background. My experience is LittleBigPlanet and made made better levels there than his 2 crappy games. He's the lowest of the lowest of game devs talents and only making some buzz to get some attention to his games that would be very successful if sold more than 10 copies combined.
Damn, this was harsh. You figuratively tore him a new one and stuffed it with lit fire crackers, taped it shut, ran to safety, and let it rip.

ZehDon

Gold Member
This next-gen FUD is pretty nothing in comparison to 2013. Second GPU in power brick, stacked DDR3 memory, Move Engines, Audio HW Acceleration (COUGH) etc... You missed a lot.
That takes me back...
"Microsoft are just biding their time, man. When they drop the second GPU (SGPU) atom bomb, Sony won't know what to do - PlayStation will have to fold, they literally cannot compete. Probably shut their studios the day Microsoft make the announcement. Developers won't touch the PS3. Sony'll probably merge with Nintendo and only do software, or go third party. No one's ready for what Microsoft has in store."

Top Bottom