• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deemo (Switch) |OT| The Third Recital

HCGym3G.jpg

Originally developed by RayArk, Published by FlyHigh Works, Switch Port developed by Esquadra

Genre: Rhythm
Platforms: Switch (Also available on iOS and Android as Deemo 3.0, and Playstation Vita as Deemo: The Last Recital)
Available: NOW
Price: $30USD / €30 / ¥3000 / $43.50AUD
Downloadable Content: Yes. Will receive free DLC in the future.
Size: 2549.09 MB
Supported Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Korean
Players: 1

iOtOyCg.png

fvqxVP5.jpg

Lzz09BT.png

Deemo is a touch-based rhythm game. When the piano note bars descend, you need to tap them just as they cross the black bar near the bottom. Sets of secondary golden notes can be hit by just dragging your finger along the screen as they descend. If the note you hit emits a golden aura, that means you hit a Charming note and you're on beat, otherwise it'll hit green. There are two achievements with every song: Full Combo and All Charming.

There are Easy, Normal, and Hard difficulties for every song, and you can adjust your preferable speed and tempo that will carry through all of them. You can also test out calibration to time your taps better.

giphy.gif

i2YIePC.png

Q: How is this different from the Vita version, The Last Recital?
A: This version of Deemo is an updated port of the 3.0 version on iOS/Android, which currently lacks the exclusive content from TLR, including its multiplayer functionality, animated cutscenes, and its unique storybook. However, it retains the over-text voice acting that occurs during overworld dialogue and has over 100 more tracks than the Vita port. It is unknown if the content from The Last Recital will be part of any DLC updates the Switch port will receive.

Q: Can I get the game physically?
A: The title is currently digital-only.

Q: Does Deemo have button controls?
A: Currently no, but an update later this year will patch in controller support.

Q: Does that mean that right now it's only playable in handheld mode like VOEZ and Severed?
A: Yes, but the update will allow the game to be played with the Switch docked in TV mode.

Q: Who is the Masked Lady? She is mysterious and also I love her.
A: She's too mysterious because she is masked and who she is gets revealed later into the story, but a large portion of her backstory is in the Vita version. So bummer to that.

Q: VOEZ was a game from this developer, and I don't like pop/rock. Should I sleep on Deemo?
A: Deemo mostly deals with a wide variety of piano-based musics, whether or not you're into that is up to you, but personally I'd say DON'T SLEEP ON IT.

Bought it a few hours ago and been playing it :3 definitely waiting for the button mode update for this and VOEZ, man, such a good game!!!

The screen size is particularly good for me, not as small as an iPhone but smaller than an tablet. I play it like VOEZ and just take the joycons off entirely.

And to think the last time I played Deemo on my iPhone there were only 50 songs.

Can't wait to buy this on switch for the new music, too bad it doesn't have the animated cutscenes though.

I loved this game on Vita - I even imported the physical Asian version of the game. I planned on skipping it on Switch, but now I read in the OT that this version features a lot more songs, I'll definitely get this. €30 isn't too expensive. I also still need to buy (and play ofc) Golf Story and FIFA18, so I'm not sure how my wallet will survive this Switch madness haha!

I loved this game on Vita - I even imported the physical Asian version of the game. I planned on skipping it on Switch, but now I read in the OT that this version features a lot more songs, I'll definitely get this. €30 isn't too expensive. I also still need to buy (and play ofc) Golf Story and FIFA18, so I'm not sure how my wallet will survive this Switch madness haha!

if I recall, the Vita version is based on the 2.0 version. Deemo recently upgraded to 3.0 months ago, so the Switch is that one.

co1onel

I'm curious to see how the button controls are going to work. I'll definitely buy it then if they work well.

jariw

Bought it a few hours ago and been playing it :3 definitely waiting for the button mode update for this and VOEZ, man, such a good game!!!

Will the VOEZ digital version get the button support? Some translations from the Japanese announcement seemed to indicate that it was just the physical version that would get that.

ggx2ac

Reposting:

DK0M36AUEAAW3kk.jpg

Along with Voez, Deemo will have an update where button controls will be added so that you can play the games in TV mode.

Bought it on the japanese eshop, every language is included!

Man, this version is so much better than the vita version!

Vita had only like 50 music and you had to farm a lot to unlock them! Now on switch you have 200 music and i unlocked more music in an hour than there was on vita already! The new collections are so fucking good musically!

Really help you progress the story since you have much more music to choose from to help the tree grow! Also there's more options too!

Lusankya

Looks really good. I need some more rhythm games in my life and I am not too fond of the vocaloid music.

So this is piano music and VOEZ is Rock/Pop?
How are the button controls in these games (or are they not yet available)?

Looks really good. I need some more rhythm games in my life and I am not too fond of the vocaloid music.

So this is piano music and VOEZ is Rock/Pop?
How are the button controls in these games (or are they not yet available)?

There's actually quite a lot of pop and rock piano-based music in Deemo thanks to its expanded track list, but the main story songs all heavily focus on the piano. While VOEZ takes on a whole myriad of pop and rock music, even employing vocaloids in some.

Controller support is not yet implemented.

hamchan

Debating on whether to get this. Love the game on iPhone but already own a bunch of DLC and don't really know if there's much incentive to pick it up on the Switch.

Still, looks like a great buy for anyone who hasn't played it yet.

Might buy this or Voez when button mode arrives - I just don't want to touch my Swtich's screen :'(

(Unless an Elite Beat Agents sequel comes out. Then I might just have to buy another Switch just for touching :p)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This is a good game. I had no idea it was actually getting a Switch version.

I'll pick it up so it can sit right beside Voez <3

I wonder if Lanota will eventually show up as well.

Top Bottom