• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Death Stranding |OT| Keep Walking, Nothing To See Here

Digity

Oct 15, 2012
Toronto
Any news on the DLC or was it just a rumor?
This is one hell of an amazing game an my gotg probably. Finished it twice on release date on ps4 slim.
Now gearing for pc 4k60 replay, so better performance, graphics and I've heard You can even skip the odradek animations now!

I am wondering how it would be to play the game off-line? Is it even possible to turn online off on steam?
Also - I kinda wanted to to "all lethal" run. How does that work ?
I’m playing through the game a second time right now on PC in offline mode.

If you wanna do all lethal and not deal with game over screens you’re gonna be transporting a lot of bodies to be burned.

rofif

Sep 13, 2019
I’m playing through the game a second time right now on PC in offline mode.

If you wanna do all lethal and not deal with game over screens you’re gonna be transporting a lot of bodies to be burned.
so the bodies don't leave craters? these end the game? How will I know a body is about to end the game? is it marked on a map?

Umbral

May 7, 2020
so the bodies don't leave craters? these end the game? How will I know a body is about to end the game? is it marked on a map?
You have a timer that starts when you kill someone, much like the first body transported with Igor. You have to burn the bodies before they cause a voidout.

It’s been a while, but there’s some sort of indicator. You have to transport and incinerate each dead body. You’re gonna need a truck sometimes and multiple trips.

Last edited:

ethomaz

is mad becasue DF didn't do a video on a video of a video of a video on PS5
Mar 19, 2013
Brazil
Yes it is marked on map with a body icon... you need to burn it or then in 30 minutes I think it will give game over.

But I believe the easy difficult it doesn’t...

You have a timer that starts when you kill someone, much like the first body transported with Igor. You have to burn the bodies before they cause a voidout.
I think that depends of the difficult.
On easy it is optional.

Last edited:

Umbral

May 7, 2020
Yes it is marked on map with a body icon... you need to burn it or then in 30 minutes I think it will give game over.

On easy it is optional.
Oh, I wouldn’t know, I only played on…HARD.

rofif

Sep 13, 2019

On easy it is optional.
does it depend on difficulty really? I remember playing on normal.
I searched for differences and it seems difficulty only affects combat?

ethomaz

Mar 19, 2013
Brazil
does it depend on difficulty really? I remember playing on normal.
I searched for differences and it seems difficulty only affects combat?
I can be mistaking it.

Anyway I never had that game over screen and never burned any corpse except the one story related.
When it showed the icons I go there the first time and I saw the corpse... I ignored... after that I ignored all icons and the radio about it.

I played on normal.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: A Hideo Kojima Tool

rofif

Sep 13, 2019
I can be mistaking it.

Anyway I never had that game over screen and never burned any corpse except the one story related.
When it showed the icons I go there the first time and I saw the corpse... I ignored... after that I ignored all icons and the radio about it.

I played on normal.
I am seeing reports that sometimes it turns into game over (voidout) and sometimes it just turns into BT.
I understand that if that bt touches someone, then it's a voidout but not sure if it's random or based on proximity of body to route or other players ?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Mar 19, 2013
Brazil
I am seeing reports that sometimes it turns into game over (voidout) and sometimes it just turns into BT.
I understand that if that bt touches someone, then it's a voidout but not sure if it's random or based on proximity of body to route or other players ?
From the game lore the corpse needs to be in a BT zone (and the rain happening) to the voidout happens... and yes the BT needs to touch the corpse (dead or alive).
That is probably why maybe I never faced it.

PS. Voidout was one of the things I left to do in the late game to see how it is but I ended forgetting it lol

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: A Hideo Kojima Tool

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018

It’s been a while, but there’s some sort of indicator. You have to transport and incinerate each dead body. You’re gonna need a truck sometimes and multiple trips.
Can they be thrown into the tar pits?

M_A_C

Dec 7, 2005
COLO
Has there been any rumors of this game getting a Nextgen PS5 patch? With the PC version so well optimized, you’d think it would be a good candidate.