• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding 2 and PHYSINT update from Hideo Kojima via Hideotube

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
You've either never truly played DS or your fishing for reactions.
no not really, i finished the game.

Road do takes alot of resources, and there are alot of unfinished roads in the game.

MrRibeye

LA Noire came out in 2011.
5a11eef4e634dab68dc8439e54c4fe8f.jpg

Kojima was at the Gamelab Conference in Barcelona in 2011 saying (in this archived article that is no longer online):
“The technology is absolutely fantastic. Facial expressions – that affect the outcome of the game – I think that’s a huge element that from now on will change the direction of adventure games.”

OD's first trailer is filled with face recordings. It could be that Kojima wants facial expression "affect the outcome of the game" as he said in 2011.
3840x2160-vtime0_44-take2023-12-08-10.39.07.jpeg

During the HideoTube he said:
"Of course, it's going to be a game. But if your mother walks in and sees you playing this game, she'll think you're watching a movie."

If PHYSINT will look like a movie to the uninitiated eye, but is actually gameplay, I don't think he is referring to the quality of the graphics, but to actor performances "affecting the outcome of the game" like it might do in OD, and like it did in LA Noire in 2011.

Shin-Ra

No more ‘so this is where the rocks are always rolling downhill’ would certainly introduce some genuine fear of the unknown.

And complicates the online signposting by other players.

Puscifer

"• Realtime terrain deformation is in the game. Roads can be cut off via earthquakes, forest fires, floods, etc."

Hell yes! Those natural disasters were in the trailer and I was really hoping this was the case.

CamHostage

No more ‘so this is where the rocks are always rolling downhill’ would certainly introduce some genuine fear of the unknown.

And complicates the online signposting by other players.

Maybe, but be careful, "Realtime terrain deformation is in the game. Roads can be cut off via earthquakes, forest fires, floods, etc." does not necessarily mean dynamic deformation across all terrain at any time. Maybe (Kojima games are known for wild tech, and scripting scenarios would be unusual for the majority of ways one would think they'd use these systems in Stranding gameplay,) but don't count those chickens just yet...

Last edited:

Shin-Ra

This performed well on PS4 PSVR (stereoscopic 3D @ 60Hz) with coarser pixelated representation of micro terrain movement.

Toots

Gold Member
Knowing Kojima and his love for awful english play on words and autistic symbolism (meaning using the real thing as a symbol for something, like fragile being fragile, etc.), im calling that fragile second hand has something to do with her being second hand, damaged goods (isn’t she sterile because of (mf)dooms ?) Or its an analysing tool giving her second hand knowledge of some shit. It will be as usual, cringe and creative at the same time.

Audiophile

Gold Member
Can you kill things now or is everything still a nuclear bomb? Game was a total mind fuck.
That whole mechanic provides a good avenue for some cool possibilities.

Could have an unlock that fits a truck out with a portable furnace, you could have one in the Magellan ship or you their could be mini furnaces at select outposts which the player/s have to repair.

Or you could throw their bodies in lava/volcanos.

Perhaps even a body bag you put them in and it dissolves them; and you can then use the sludge to make grenades or power your ship.....this is Kojima.. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Top Bottom