• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can I keep running Windows 11 in parallels 19 after the trial ends?

David B

An Idiot
I think my trial has ended but maybe it has until midnight central time tonight as I live in Central time of course. But it said 1 day yesterday, so I guess it will be at midnight tonight. But overall what will happen? Will I be able to keep running Windows 11 Pro ARM version no problem and just keep seeing the Activate Windows thing in the right bottom corner? Or will it eventually have something pop up and go your trial has ended, please buy Parallels 19 to continue? I'm wondering, I really don't know. Will it just keep running as long as I have it running and don't shut off my iMac M3? I usually just put the parallels emulator in pause and than mac in rest mode. So will parallels keep running or will a pop up come up and go thank you for trying parallels 19, you will need to buy it to continue?

David B

An Idiot
Yup. I was in Windows 11 and than boom at 12:01 AM. Locked out. Couldn't get in at all. So I had no choice other than to throw parralels and win 11 in the trash. Should of known. Oh well.

ReBurn

Gold Member
It'll stop functioning. So to gain access you'll need to buy a subscription.

This. I did a lot of beta testing of the ARM version of Parallels. Once they moved out of beta and into release it just stopped working. I got an offer for 10% off a subscription to keep it running, but I didn't use it enough to justify paying for it on an ongoing basis. I just migrated over to UTM and it does what I need. Parallels is a better overall experience but UTM is serviceable for me.

Top Bottom