• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding |OT| Keep Walking, Nothing To See Here

Kagey K

Banned
I’m coming in here for one post and one post only.

I hope that those of you who decide to purchase the game really enjoy it, have fun delivering the packages and whatever and whatever.

Going forward feel free to give your opinion in the preview and review threads, but have the same respect as I’m giving now, by not interfering with the OT and the people that want to play and enjoy the game.

There have been a few OTs this year filled with trolls and we should be better then that.

With that said I’m out.

Mista

Banned

I hope that those of you who decide to purchase the game really enjoy it, have fun delivering the packages and whatever and whatever.

Going forward feel free to give your opinion in the preview and review threads, but have the same respect as I’m giving now, by not interfering with the OT and the people that want to play and enjoy the game.

There have been a few OTs this year filled with trolls and we should be better then that.

With that said I’m out.
Thank you. This shouldn’t be said but you said it because that’s what’s happening here lately. I don’t like a game? Let me go into every thread and shit on it. Very mature

Hopefully the mods will thread ban those people so the rest can have a pleasant time talking and sharing with others

Nero_PR

Banned

With that said I’m out.
This should be an unwritten rule for most of the threads here. You are a good person in my book from now on.

Sorc3r3r

Finally.
I'm old and jaded.
I'm tired to the bone to kill, be killed and respawn games.
I'm fed up of w-rpgs that innovated nothing in 20 years.
I don't see the fun of sandbox game anymore, enough of cars, guns and police chases.

DS will be probably my last attempt, seems that someone is at least trying to create a new path, a path that i hope will bring me back to breath fresh air after years of stagnating air.

Wink

Finally.
I'm old and jaded.
I'm tired to the bone to kill, be killed and respawn games.
I'm fed up of w-rpgs that innovated nothing in 20 years.
I don't see the fun of sandbox game anymore, enough of cars, guns and police chases.

DS will be probably my last attempt, seems that someone is at least trying to create a new path, a path that i hope will bring me back to breath fresh air after years of stagnating air.
This count as a poem? Loving the melodrama. But gaming is alive and well and full of innovation. You just need to be willing to sacrifice an A from the AAA expectations or go straight indie. May I point to Kingdom Come Deliverance as wrpg that is not stagnant nor afraid to be slow and different or maybe to Dwarf Fortress as the sandbox game that keeps on giving. Death Stranding is certainly a singular event in gaming, but surely not the only way out of the mainstream gaming swamp.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
*looks on this page*

tenor.gif

-Arcadia-

Banned
I watched the first hour or so, I think, as a little hype teaser. No spoilers from me.

For as out there (I consider this a positive) as the gameplay is, the story seems to be... well, equally out there :messenger_tears_of_joy:, but also much more of what we were expecting from Kojima. It really does seem to be him unchained, with all the weird stuff in the MGS series being the main focus this time.

It is absolutely fantastic. The most fascinating, brand new world I’ve seen in ages. You get the feeling that this was the kind of surreal experience that Kojima always wanted to make, but was endlessly shackled to a military stealth game where he had to, sometimes awkwardly, insert that stuff.

Last edited:

Nero_PR

Banned
I watched the first hour or so, I think, as a little hype teaser. No spoilers from me.

For as out there (I consider this a positive) as the gameplay is, the story seems to be... well, equally out there :messenger_tears_of_joy:, but also much more of what we were expecting from Kojima. It really does seem to be him unchained, with all the weird stuff in the MGS series being the main focus this time.

It is absolutely fantastic. The most fascinating, brand new world I’ve seen in ages. You get the feeling that this was the kind of surreal experience that Kojima always wanted to make, but was endlessly shackled to a military stealth game where he had to, sometimes awkwardly, insert that stuff.
We are really the Sons of The Patriots.

I can't say that I am hyped for DS. I am really interested in the story, but what I have seen of the gameplay doesn't really click with me. It may not be a day one purchase, but I will absolutely be buying it when it's on sale or pick up a copy from EBAY for cheap.

Sorc3r3r

This count as a poem? Loving the melodrama. But gaming is alive and well and full of innovation. You just need to be willing to sacrifice an A from the AAA expectations or go straight indie. May I point to Kingdom Come Deliverance as wrpg that is not stagnant nor afraid to be slow and different or maybe to Dwarf Fortress as the sandbox game that keeps on giving. Death Stranding is certainly a singular event in gaming, but surely not the only way out of the mainstream gaming swamp.
Yep I enjoyed KCD and I like some indie production.
I fully understand that innovation in the AAA space is dangerous for the pubs, nonetheless I am tired of AAA samey things and DS seems, seems I repeat, to be going it's own path, for me it's exciting.
If there is people still enjoying AAA I'm absolutely happy for them, I was like them.

Wink

Yep I enjoyed KCD and I like some indie production.
I fully understand that innovation in the AAA space is dangerous for the pubs, nonetheless I am tired of AAA samey things and DS seems, seems I repeat, to be going it's own path, for me it's exciting.
If there is people still enjoying AAA I'm absolutely happy for them, I was like them.
Glad you're not checking out of gaming so. Because things are pretty cool when ignoring all the GaaS and chasing the trend big publisher crap.

saw this on the death stranding reddit. its not really spoiler heavy, and I'm glad I got to know this!

So I dunno if I should click this or not.

How big a spoiler is this? I’m going in to the game very blind, have hardly watched any gameplay or ready any revealing details.

I don’t want to miss something important thi

saber45

Neo Member
Imagine this game with euphoria engine from rockstar games, some of the interaction with the scenery are kinda rough...

But i love how the chara feel the change of weight and animate accordantly.

The euphoria engine was by Natural Motion. Rockstar just licensed it.

So I dunno if I should click this or not.

How big a spoiler is this? I’m going in to the game very blind, have hardly watched any gameplay or ready any revealing details.

I don’t want to miss something important thi

Not really anything major to spoil, basically just a time saving tip for the 2nd chapter side missions.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Sadly I did not found the game illegally today. It's thursday evening 7th here so it was to be expected... Anyone else ha e to wait until tomorrow like me?
It always feels like if everyone was playing the game already somehow :p

bosnianpie

Is it possible to turn the online cooperation off? I don't really want to have the map flooded with other peoples stuff.

vpance

Is it possible to turn the online cooperation off? I don't really want to have the map flooded with other peoples stuff.

From how I heard a reviewer with the same concerns explaining it, basically he never saw every path completed/built up for him. Sounds like there's a cap on how many structures you'll see per area so you can't just breeze through it all.

And for the most part the main difference in playing offline is that you'll just be spending more time grinding for resources to build the infrastructure on your own. He didn't feel like he was cheating by playing online.

You can play offline if you really want to but you miss a lot of the benefits that online offers and it will make the game harder and even longer than it already is.

bosnianpie

From how I heard a reviewer with the same concerns explaining it, basically he never saw every path completed/built up for him.

Oh okay. That doesn't sound as intrusive as I thought it would be. I was thinking there would be structures all over the place after a while.

GymWolf

It just says not to waste what can amount to 20 hours doing the side quests in Chapter 2. They recommend sticking to the main mission and go to Chapter 3 when prompted, since you can go back to that area after, with better upgrades which should save lots of time when doing them if you so choose to.
this is a usefull advice.

I actually bought the game today, even though i have been critical of it the last few months on here. probably wont enjoy it, BUT you know, gotta support unconventional aaa games. still if i end up enjoying it i will fully admit it, il go into it with an open mind. i hope i do titles day 1 are expensive 70 bucks. Hope all of you that have been waiting for years will get what you are looking for out of the game.

Top Bottom