• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 |OT| Can I Play With Madness?

DigiMish

Any chance of there being more DS3 dev editions made?

I either totally forgot about this, or wrongly assumed those editions were for the Visceral team only.

Toa TAK

Banned
Any chance of there being more DS3 dev editions made?

I either totally forgot about this, or wrongly assumed those editions were for the Visceral team only.

I would like to know as well. I have almost no cash for games for the time being, but I would love to pick on up in the future.

Plissken

I am a "code monkey" if you will, not a PR person, so you will never find me announcing anything on purpose. I will make vague statements that you can interpret how you'd like.

I know exactly where you're coming from my friend, I'm currently in "development support" (which is a nice way of saying "test monkey" at my studio). :)

delta25

Banned
"Dead Space™ 3 is being created by a lot of talented people to take full advantage of the hardware and the features it offers. It will be a true AAAA experience for the ages.".

I'm sensing this comment is some kind of a pathetic attempt at taking a jab at visceral.

Batman

Banned

Bot Capacity Upgrade $4.99
Bot Personality Pack $4.99
First Contact Pack Free
Marauder Pack $4.99
Sharpshooter Pack $4.99
Tundra Recon Pack $4.99
Witness the Truth Pack $4.99
Bot Accelerator $4.99
Epic Weapon & Resource Pack $2.99
Online Pass $9.99
Ultra Weapon & Resource Pack $1.99
Resource Pack $0.99

That is the list of DLC that was just released. They are also doing the $10 online DLC pass thing.

Gamerwillz

Neo Member
Played the demo and here's my impression in the end.

2bzmg.gif

It's simply awful.

luxarific

Nork unification denier

First Contact Pack Free
Marauder Pack $4.99
Sharpshooter Pack $4.99
Tundra Recon Pack $4.99
Bot Accelerator $4.99
Online Pass $9.99
Resource Pack $0.99

That is the list of DLC that was just released. They are also doing the $10 online DLC pass thing.

Online pass for...significant single-player/co-op DLC, I hope? Otherwise I don't see the point if it's just costume skins and weapons (as much as I like watching the "putting a suit and helmet on" animation).

luxarific

Nork unification denier
The $10 covers the online part only so used game owners don't have the code a brand new copy would come with.

So they'll block hooking up with a co-op partner unless you shell out 10 bucks? Oh, this brave new world that has such games in it. :(

Batman

Banned
So they'll block hooking up with a co-op partner unless you shell out 10 bucks? Oh, this brave new world that has such games in it. :(

Sorry my mistake before, I should have left out the ' dlc ' out of the online pass, so yeah EA is doing what they have done before with a few games. I remember I bought Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 and had to enter the code for the cerberus network.

First Contact Pack Free
Marauder Pack $4.99
Sharpshooter Pack $4.99
Tundra Recon Pack $4.99
Bot Accelerator $4.99
Online Pass $9.99
Resource Pack $0.99

The first contact pack is free? I thought it was free with preorder along with the witness bundle.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I honestly dont see what everyone is bitching about from the demo about it being awful or not like Dead Space. I mean come on, its exactly like Dead Space and definitely isnt awful.

RoKKeR

I honestly dont see what everyone is bitching about from the demo about it being awful or not like Dead Space. I mean come on, its exactly like Dead Space and definitely isnt awful.
No dark hark hallways in the demo = Gears of Dead Lost Planet Space 3

Apparently.

I thought the demo was great. It got me really excited for the full game.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'm very curious about this scavenger bot thing. Can someone who watched the stream explain it a bit? I would watch, but I'm avoiding spoilers like the plague.

RoKKeR

I'm staying away from spoilers as well. We're too close to launch to have some cool area or location spoiled for me. Although the positive response to the stream is great.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm staying away from spoilers as well. We're too close to launch to have some cool area or location spoiled for me. Although the positive response to the stream is great.

Haven't seen the steam either. Want to go in fresh (ish) after the demo.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I watched the Eudora walkthrough back when they released it. I was worried about the direction it seemed they were going in, so I wanted to make sure it was still Dead Space-y. That walkthrough put all my fears to rest, and I commenced the hype.

I started playing DS2 again and man I just love the sound design in these games. Plus I have much better speakers than I had when i first played so it sounds really good. I still love the way Issac's helmet transforms. It's one of the coolest things you've guys added to the game.

I'm actually quite interested in seeing this game with co-op. Didn't try it out in the demo but it looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Really excited for DS3.

Dead Space 2 spoilers
I hope Ellie doesn't die in 3, she's the symbolic redemption for Isaac, and it's interesting to see how Isaac has coped with death, by living for her.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Played the demo and here's my impression in the end.

2bzmg.gif

It's simply awful.

How can people say this? It plays just like the previous iterations in the series...So many people on GAF say so many sensational and hyperbolic things and it makes me wonder are they simply trying to fit in with the most vocal groups present on here or do they really feel the way they do? DS3 is still an action driven survival horror game as with all the previous DS games, still focus on strategic dismemberment, along with the Markers and the necromorphs. Okay, so it locales changed from derelict ships and colony corridors to something more expansive. Well the fact remains that there are derelict ships in this one along with tightly wound corridors, it's just that now that a is a smaller piece of an overall game that offers more variety in terms of locales. Also they co-op and crafting mechanic, both completely optional but adding much more depth to a formula that needed some freshness injected into it's veins/arteries

But hey you're entitled to your opinion, just think it raises a flag when I pop in DS3, it plays as if it were DS2 and DS1 in a different setting.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I started playing DS2 again and man I just love the sound design in these games. Plus I have much better speakers than I had when i first played so it sounds really good.

I ordered a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 headphones after playing a bit of DS2 the other day. For me, no speakers can give as much immersion as a nice pair of cans. I did a fair amount of research into what would sound amazing as well as provide enough comfort for extended sessions, and this is what I settled on. After wearing them for a couple hours tonight, I can't recommend them highly enough. I'm a headphone fanatic, and these are easily my new favorite pair. I've only burned them in for about 4 hours and the sound already has incredible depth. Can't wait to put them through the Aliens test tonight.

They must have updated the blog with that "disturbing" bit, because it wasn't there. Interesting. Wonder what it could be, especially how it will tie in with the main story.

Nah, it was there before. You can see me quoting it after linking to the blog right after it went up.

Toa TAK

Banned
So that's a yes then. lul

Just making sure. For what my two cents are worth, I'm hoping for the Lexine story to be wrapped up.

malfcn

First Contact Pack Free
Marauder Pack $4.99
Sharpshooter Pack $4.99
Tundra Recon Pack $4.99
Bot Accelerator $4.99
Online Pass $9.99
Resource Pack $0.99

Don't see on marketplace. Where the list?

Thinking about buying the first game through PSN to get the rest of the trophies for the game. Are saves originally created under the disc version going to be compatible with the PSN version? Just wondering before I bite the bullet.

First Contact Pack Free
Marauder Pack $4.99
Sharpshooter Pack $4.99
Tundra Recon Pack $4.99
Bot Accelerator $4.99
Online Pass $9.99
Resource Pack $0.99

Those had better be in-game upgrades. $4.99 is way too pricey for simple upgrades.

However, I may pay for the Boy Personality Pack if it allows me to have a big smiley face painted on my bot.

Top Bottom