• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island 2 reaches 7 million players

Draugoth

Gold Member
dead-island-2.webp

We have had well over 7 million players enter Hell-A and a brain-melting 24 billion zombies slayed! We were also truly honoured to be nominated for Best Action Game at The Game Awards last year, and more recently for Best British Game at the esteemed BAFTAs.

Recently, Dambuster Studios released SoLA, Dead Island 2’s second expansion that introduced gnarly new zombie archetypes and a new playable area, amongst other things. Since being released in 2023, Dead Island 2 has effortlessly established itself as one of the best open-world zombie titles on the market, fusing gory combat with an entertaining story and sumptuous visuals.

Source

winjer

I guess that Gamepass is padding that number by a good margin.
Still, that is a great result for the company.

MiguelItUp

Just played and beat this recently. Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Good for them!

Honestly, for a game that went through all kinds of dev hell, it's impressive that it even came out as solid as it did.

Xtib81

I really enjoyed my Time with this game. Just a chill and fun experience. Looking forward to a sequel.

acm2000

finished this on game pass and was pleasantly surprised by how it turned out, will def buy the dlcs at some point to play through

Top Bottom