• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Jaffe: "People are gonna lose their f*****g minds!" About a New PlayStation Game He's Been Told About

imissweed

Banned
It's a surfing game featuring an all star cast of playstation characters across multiple Sony IP from Kratos and Nate to Deacon St John.....let's not forget Spiderman and the sexy curvy Rivet from Ratchet and Clank. It will be next gen exclusive and take place on the north shore of iki Island utilizing the amazing water graphics engine that naughty dog implemented in uncharted 4.

Kuranghi

FUCKING WIPEOUT BRUV

DO IT FEISAR

SPEED FAST GO

POWER POWER

I can't put my heart out there for a new one but even just a "ultra omega collection" for PS5 running at 4k120hz & 8K60hz would be pretty sweet, fire some ray-tracing in there as well. I never did finish that Fury campaign... or any of the campaigns from Omega Collection... in the PS3 original I got gold on elite for every event except for the fucking phantom Sol 2 single race and the final tournament (because it contains Sol 2 at phantom speed).

Kuranghi

someone said it's the mandalorian in the other thread. Makes sense.

Hmmm, not sure what that would entail exactly, would it be better open world or more linear 🤔 Maybe could be great if they make it really lonely, isolated and kinda depressing like Mad Max but without the bloat that game has, I would prefer something with a bit bigger than Phantom Pain sized worlds but packed to the gills with content, not huge wastelands of nothingness.

Any other information, like developer?

SirTerry-T

Johnny Bazookatone 2!
I once worked with the guy who originally pitched that idea. Very very talented artist, he came up with the character long before either of us got involved with game dev. He wanted it to be a real "punk rock" sort of platformer ... Suffice to say the game that came out had a soundtrack created by a member of Sad Cafe....not quite The Clash or Buzzcocks!

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Well it must be a game based on some known IP.
Otherwise jaffe would have no idea that new title "blarghian adventure" will blow minds
This (old IP) is the more likely scenario. But there is a possibility that someone explained David the game (a new IP) and it sounded amazing to him.

For instance, imagine if someone told us that GG is working on a new AAA post-post-apocalyptic open-world action/adventure RPG game in which there are primitive tribes and robot dinosaurs. You hunt said robot dinosaurs with a bow and try to uncover how the current human civilization ended.

Most people would find this setting very intriguing.

I mean, it's got to be some kind of dormant IP. Either that or a license like Star Wars or something.

I'd absolutely love Socom or Syphon Filter though.
Right? If I had the chance to blast that taser at mfs again I'd get so much joy lol. And socom is the most superior stealth shooter imo. They don't make them like that anymore.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This (old IP) is the more likely scenario. But there is a possibility that someone explained David the game (a new IP) and it sounded amazing to him.

For instance, imagine if someone told us that GG is working on a new AAA post-post-apocalyptic open-world action/adventure RPG game in which there are primitive tribes and robot dinosaurs. You hunt said robot dinosaurs with a bow and try to uncover how the current human civilization ended.

Most people would find this setting very intriguing.
Sure, it is possible and I hope it's something new

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I can't put my heart out there for a new one but even just a "ultra omega collection" for PS5 running at 4k120hz & 8K60hz would be pretty sweet, fire some ray-tracing in there as well. I never did finish that Fury campaign... or any of the campaigns from Omega Collection... in the PS3 original I got gold on elite for every event except for the fucking phantom Sol 2 single race and the final tournament (because it contains Sol 2 at phantom speed).

All i need is my mixtape
Minimal techno
Some snacks drinks.

and 4 hours of pure ZEN fueled 100\seconds shaving time trial laps..

perfecting my laptimes.

that is what wipeout is about.
Same for extreme G 1/2 on the n64

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
That would be disappointing. I hate star wars

take it back tina fey GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

yurinka

FUCKING WIPEOUT BRUV

DO IT FEISAR

SPEED FAST GO

POWER POWER
Yes, please

This game >>> Forza Horizon 5

Wasn't it rumored Guerilla was working on a new Socom title? Could be.
I don't see why a studio from the Netherlands would make a US military propaganda game specially when now they have their own very successful and profitable IP. If the other Guerrilla game isn't an Horizon or Killzone game, I think it will be a new IP.

Last edited:
the fact that Jaffe didn’t include some smart ass P.S. comment like “Ir Not Silen hiL or Mutul GeR!!!” makes me wonder…

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
FINALLY, raid shadow legends must be coming to playstation. Basically confirmed then. You know, you dream about these gaming moments, and sometimes the magic happens 😏

Kuranghi

All i need is my mixtape
Minimal techno
Some snacks drinks.

and 4 hours of pure ZEN fueled 100\seconds shaving time trial laps..

perfecting my laptimes.

If you don't mean the in-game soundtrack what exactly do you listen to while you play it? PM me if you want.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Cooking and tweeting? Cooking meth?

I jszt herd abt the new plaestayrin game and it's gon mKe ur pantees wet omg

Like Jesus, dude. Get a bigger phone, fucking sausage thumbs.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I've heard about it too, Holy fucking shit guys honestly I can't wait until you all hear about it. I'm not sure when they will talk about it. It xould be next week or maybe like 3 to 4 years away but ..I'm being serious....when plapiystution talk about it you are all going to lose your minds its so effing amazing....its just honestly.....fuxkinf insune

Top Bottom