• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Jaffe: "People are gonna lose their f*****g minds!" About a New PlayStation Game He's Been Told About

OrionNebula

For anybody thinking that he's ex PlayStation so it's obvious that he's going to say something like this. He's frequently far more critical of PlayStation than Austin Evans and Ryan McCaffrey's idiot love child but unlike them, more often than not he tends to back his criticism up with facts.

The only typos from his original tweet are E from Plaestation and A from ideaa, so it’s EA-related

There’s also that weird low cap T from BUt, so that makes it EAT, so that fits because he’s trying to cook something

In conclusion, we don’t know shit about anything except someone’s cooking something and we can’t know what it is

This deserves a 285+ pages thread

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Brand New Love GIF by TANGS SINGAPORE

Mr Moose

The only typos from his original tweet are E from Plaestation and A from ideaa, so it’s EA-related

There’s also that weird low cap T from BUt, so that makes it EAT, so that fits because he’s trying to cook something

In conclusion, we don’t know shit about anything except someone’s cooking something and we can’t know what it is

This deserves a 285+ pages thread
Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma, hell yeah.

Tschumi

considering our performance on the jailhouse humping thread i don't think GAF will ever know the identity of this mysterious game...

yurinka

Nice to see papa Jaffe hyped. Can't wait to see this game. I assume it's a new IP, let's hope he isn't talking about another Twisted Metal.

Last edited:

Roufianos

Syphon filter or socom

... neither of these will happen and it's probably Luke warm. Thank God the Dead Space reveal gave me something to actually be excited about this year.

I mean, it's got to be some kind of dormant IP. Either that or a license like Star Wars or something.

I'd absolutely love Socom or Syphon Filter though.

PhaseJump

Banned
Agreed. Absolutely 100% pointless topic and should be deleted.

Go back to what ever authoritarian state shat you into this world, rest up so you don't feel tired, and leave the rest of us senselessly dream about Jaffe's love for cartoon Apes running amok in total fear of butterfly nets.

yurinka

Being a creative guy I think he gets more hyped with new IPs than with sequels. My bet is that he's talking about an unannounced new IP coming from a PlayStation Studios game, probably developed in NA. So a AAA new IP possibly coming from:
-Insomniac
-Bend
-SSM
-ND
-Sucker Punch
-Pixel Opus + Sony Pictures Animation
-Guerrilla
-Media Molecule
-London Studio
-Arrowhead
-Haven
-Firewalk
-Deviation
-Team Asobi
-Kojima Productions
-From Software
-Fumito Ueda's new studio

I'd absolutely love Socom or Syphon Filter though.
I'd love to see new Wipeout, Locoroco, Gravity Rush, Motorstorm and Syphon Filter games

Last edited:

Merkades

If it is Wild Arms then he would be totally correct for me. Since it is not likely, I will hope to just be a little happy with whatever gets announced instead.

I'd tone the expectations down if I were you guys, expecting something of astronomical proportions.

See the tweet from Jaffe's PoV. What's "gonna lose their minds" and "badass" to Jaffe?

It's the Twisted Metal remake/reboot. It's his lovechild. Creators often lose their minds when their previous work is paid homage or remade in a big way. His hype for his creation that is Twisted Metal, is blinding his projection of this rumor as a worldview.

Nothing new or wrong in that. Just that Twisted Metal isn't that big of a flagship Sony IP. I love Twisted Metal Black and want it remade, but we have to realize that the franchise has a cult following and not mainstream, though it sells in millions of copies, which is thanks to Sony's marketing team.

jaysius

Banned
Oh Laffy Jaffe trying to click bait, hype train an event for some clicks of your own… it’s cute when old people do it.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Can we please get a current-gen exclusive Matrix game, similar to The Path of Neo, but with high-speed flying and aerial combat?

Despicable Me Please GIF
I remember there used to be a mod for GTA San Andreas where you had neo like power.When I mean Neo like it was flying so fast that you pulled cars into the air colliding and exploding everywhere.It was awesome you could reach the other side of te map in less than a minute, could send people flying with a punch and slow down time.But the flying part was the best.

Top Bottom