• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.5 | Satisfied?

Are you satisfied with this update?

• Yes

Votes: 223 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 129 20.4%
  • It's a first step

Votes: 279 44.2%

• Total voters

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Yea i'm not satisfied...Now I cant play the game. Crashes at launch.

JnkPVYk.jpg
Kill Nahiminic service

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
the grainy look during the daytime and mainly when you're out doors doesn't bother you? what is that? why do they use that technique? at night and indoors definitely looks better. but man, hoping for another pass on the graphics!

have you turned off film grain and CA? I think it looks great and really Quite impressive.

Markio128

That's good to hear. I didn't get a chance this evening to give it a go. Maybe in the morning! The price is definitely a good deal. Plus I already had £16 sitting on my PSN account that I had completely forgotten about...so yea only needed £5 more :)

Were you playing on the RT or 60fps mode?
I play using the 60fps mode and the game looks great - I can’t really see any benefit in the RT mode. Time just flys by whilst playing this game, which is as good as a recommendation as I can give.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Still need more clothing, it's annoying the NPC's have better stuff then you.

have you turned off film grain and CA? I think it looks great anhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1vXp1ICLmWLxQpMmveYrIj1bI0Q3Hd really Quite impressive.
yeah. i turned those off. tried taking pictures but can't figure out how to post them here because internet can't just be simple. but it's grainy. it looks like the image is fading away into particles in the distance. like look at a car in the sunlight and see the paint. it's like in Control and Watch Dogs Legion. just grainy, pixelated mess. now yes, indoors and darker areas/scenes it can look quite nice. just hate the technique they're using to allow for "4K".

Nico_D

Is there supposed to be vibration in this game, ps5? Not getting anything. It is set at 100. Playing Sifu vibration works as supposed.

Fbh

I’m a bit confused. Does this replace a PS5/XBX version? It will there still be a separate version for new gen??

At least on PSN it's not a separate release.
If you had it installed on your Ps5 you'll have to download a big update. If you didn't have it installed (or didn't own it) then the next time you download it it will download the patched version

How's the game running on ps4 amateur? Is it playable now?

I don't think the last gen version is affected by most of this patch.
It's better than it was at launch but it's still a blurry mess with a laughably low NPC count on the street and frequent frame drops under 30.

I'm personally not touching this game until I upgrade to a Ps5 or SX

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m not even exaggerating when I knew it was my GOTY when finishing act 1, it blew me away. I’m still amazed by the craftmanship in all conversations and cool setpieces. I think people need to step back and realize what genre this is when they’re trying to pick it apart because of some jank, it’s not like some minor or even major jank is uncommon in RPGs.

This is a AAA open world RPG that does a lot of things as well as, or better, than more linear story driven titles. What this game achieves is really being taken from granted to a large degree. It's really unique in a lot of ways people don't appreciate. The cinematic storytelling experience in this game combined with it being a pretty damn massive futuristic first person open world RPG is an itch that not a lot of other games scratch.

Denton

This is a AAA open world RPG that does a lot of things as well as, or better, than more linear story driven titles. What this game achieves is really being taken from granted to a large degree. It's really unique in a lot of ways people don't appreciate. The cinematic storytelling experience in this game combined with it being a pretty damn massive futuristic first person open world RPG is an itch that not a lot of other games scratch.
Yep. That unbroken first person perspective alone. Being able to talk to people without being locked in. All cutscenes, conversations, intimate moments...all from first person, in this fidelity, in a 150 hour RPG.
Also, there is a reason why there is no other RPG on the market that would take place in a gigiantic modern open city. It is hard as fuck to make this combo. Deus Ex is great, but small hubs, no cars. GTA is great, but linear storytelling, no detailed character progression. Etc.

I went for a walk today. If you told me 20 years ago when I played first Deus Ex that this is how games are gonna look one day I'd flip the fuck out.

1091500_2022021720360mikna.png

1091500_2022021720391b4j15.png

1091500_20220217203613jjse.png

1091500_2022021720433iqkdh.png

1091500_2022021720350dxj3k.png

Finished Act 1 last night and my praise for the game has only increased, that was absolutely spectacular. The storytelling, the dialogue, the raw style of everything, the cinematic quality, the set-pieces, good God. I have a feeling those that are experiencing this for the first time on next-gen consoles will have this as a real GOTY contender (I already know I will) and this will be a year *stacked* with them.

Still virtually zero bugs besides what one might normally expect in any open-world game (minor clipping, stilted NPC pathing when things get in the way etc) and at times this is right up there as the most "next-gen" looking game on the market, I'm seriously impressed.

EDIT: again want to shout out the DualSense haptics and speaker sounds, fantastic implementation.

Last edited:

Superkewl

Gold Member
I know I will get laughed at, but I own this on Stadia as well as Series X, and the Stadia version is better. Quality mode runs at something like 45fps, whereas the quality mode on Series X feels like a slideshow. It has higher res textures as well. Also, the Stadia version lets you change the FOV.

I do not have Stadia PRO, so I am playing the game in 1080p, so maybe that is why, but my TV is 1080p, so no biggie to me.

I waited for the next gen version to play it. It's a very good looking game. People complained that the world was empty and lifeless. Compared to some of the highly praised open world games, like Witcher 3, BOTW, GOT, and HZD, this is on another level. Those games are 90% hills, trees, and grass.

Yea, they rushed a next gen game to release on last gen consoles for the profit. It's worth the criticism but at the game's current state this is GOTY quality.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I waited for the next gen version to play it. It's a very good looking game. People complained that the world was empty and lifeless. Compared to some of the highly praised open world games, like Witcher 3, BOTW, GOT, and HZD, this is on another level. Those games are 90% hills, trees, and grass.

Yea, they rushed a next gen game to release on last gen consoles for the profit. It's worth the criticism but at the game's current state this is GOTY quality.
Agreed, its fucking excellent now, ive had this game since launch on series x, i spent two years being down on it, but the next gen update has just elevated it so much. Honestly, one of the most impressive next gen games ive played so far. Im continuosly impressed with how dense and detailed the city is. Of course i wish stuff like cop chases and a working monorail were in it, but i think that finally, the good outweighs the bad on cyberpunk

Cyberpunkd

Agreed, its fucking excellent now, ive had this game since launch on series x, i spent two years being down on it, but the next gen update has just elevated it so much. Honestly, one of the most impressive next gen games ive played so far. Im continuosly impressed with how dense and detailed the city is. Of course i wish stuff like cop chases and a working monorail were in it, but i think that finally, the good outweighs the bad on cyberpunk
I gave up and bought it yesterday on sale after going through the trial on my 40hrs save. I guess the gameplay loop is just too good.

Inviusx

I'm assuming quick hacking was altered at some point? I used to be able to stealth in and out of places unseen using breaches and quick hacks.

Now they will triangulate my position after deploying certain quick hacks and instantly find my position even if I'm hidden away in a corner somewhere.

Not sure I entirely like this new system and I cant seem to figure out if I can block their attempt to locate me.

Why did they change this?

Fredrik

I'm assuming quick hacking was altered at some point? I used to be able to stealth in and out of places unseen using breaches and quick hacks.

Now they will triangulate my position after deploying certain quick hacks and instantly find my position even if I'm hidden away in a corner somewhere.

Not sure I entirely like this new system and I cant seem to figure out if I can block their attempt to locate me.

Why did they change this?
In the heist I hacked things in the environment to distract, could be whatever, coffee makers and speakers, just to get them to turn their back to me. Then I sneaked up for stealth kill or walked past them. I took control over cameras to plan ahead too, just going by eyesight is difficult. Slow and methodical. No shooting and not detected once. Fun stuff! 👍

Alebrije

This vid displays ray tracing benefits very well

Unfortunately its mostly in interiors as it concerns only shadows from non natural light sources (and not from the sun or sky)

Yea , RT is scarce and not worth the FPS cost.

Performance Mode is good, this new patch gives to consoles a little of what PC has been since launch.

Also think this game needs full RT , 60fps and other graphical stuff to.shine due to the complex city...its the only way it can give you Blade Runner vibes ...

CDPR made a great mistake relasing this game on consoles , its scope and world lore/art/ only was possible on PC.

Hope they learn and deliver Cyberpunk 2 on a few years only on PC and later port to consoles.

Played 2 missions yesterday on my PS5, the one of the crazy rebel taxis and the guy on the fridge....compared to my 2021 experience the game is playable , just few glitches , nice looking city at 4k dynamic 60fps stables , some improvements on weapons add ons...

Its a nice game for 10-25 bucks.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
People thinking this has been fixed will be disappointed. I have no doubt it’s drastically better, but I’m still having all the same issues on my XSX that I was having last year. I even deleted and redownloaded to see if that would fix. No dice.

Chronicle

Yep. That unbroken first person perspective alone. Being able to talk to people without being locked in. All cutscenes, conversations, intimate moments...all from first person, in this fidelity, in a 150 hour RPG.
Also, there is a reason why there is no other RPG on the market that would take place in a gigiantic modern open city. It is hard as fuck to make this combo. Deus Ex is great, but small hubs, no cars. GTA is great, but linear storytelling, no detailed character progression. Etc.

I went for a walk today. If you told me 20 years ago when I played first Deus Ex that this is how games are gonna look one day I'd flip the fuck out.

I just don't get it either. It's stunning. Runs great too.

Ryu Kaiba

This! it's an extremely ambitious undertaking the type of game many only dream about trying to make. So many people these days are too adhd to slow down and appreciate the details or the scale of what's in front of them.
CDProjektRed's should've called the initial launch early access that would've solved a lot of the problem.
I get that people were disappointed with the bugs but it would have been much more constructive to encourage them to keep going not drag the company and hack them and DDOS them and teach other studios not to dream big.

Neofire

The performance mode I like how fluid it is but the RT mode is a bit janky and to me the dips are too great for the miniscule RT upgrade.

Tieno

I was so hyped for this game but after the first reactions decided to wait for the next gen Patch. Been a long wait, but really enjoying my time, love the scifi atmosphere, totally my bag. Somehow I’m reminded of my first time playing mass effect 1 back in the day. It’s so refreshing to be in this scifi RPG world, instead of a medieval fantasy. I do like that too, but this feels like its own thing with so many novel stuff

Last edited:

Bojji

I was so hyped for this game but after the first reactions decided to wait for the next gen Patch. Been a long wait, but really enjoying my time, love the scifi atmosphere, totally my bag. Somehow I’m reminded of my first time playing mass effect 1 back in the day. It’s so refreshing to be in this scifi RPG world, instead of a medieval fantasy. I do like that too, but this feels like its own thing with so many novel stuff

It really is amazing, world is full of backstories and interesting (story) missions. I'm glad they took this direction after 3 witcher/fantasy games but they fucked up release date by at least a year and they should't put it on last gen consoles at all. Now they have too rebuild their reputation...

Inviusx

Now that I've started getting further into my play through I think I really need to ask.......

Is it just me or is Johnny Silverhand a terrible character that's not helped by Keanu's horrible performance?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The raytraced shadows are definetly noticeable.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Raytraced lighting would have been a mayor jump in graphics fidelity though

While I appreciate the subtle visual improvements, the doubling of frame rate will always take priority over barely noticeable visual enhancements.

Bojji

Now that I've started getting further into my play through I think I really need to ask.......

Is it just me or is Johnny Silverhand a terrible character that's not helped by Keanu's horrible performance?

I didn't like him at first but he gets much better near the end of the story line.

Top Bottom