• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Review Thread

Should we lock this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 196 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 628 76.2%

• Total voters

ethomaz

Banned
i'm 20 hours in and just started act 2.

so that gamespot reviewer REALLY rushed through the story and did question marks or exclamation points bc there's no fucking way.

she said she finished the main story in 20 hours...how the fuck. im not even playing slow, im just doing things that make sense lol like hitting those exclamation points and question marks, buying upgrades from the shop. trying to make more money, doing side quests and some main quests lol how the fuck did she finish the main quest in 20 hrs lol
The main quest line is lower than 20 hours I believe.
You can even finish it in 15 hours without rush.

The fact you are doing a lot of things outside the main quest add to your time.

Last edited:
I´m playing it on the base PS4, it plays fine for the most part. The problem is the crashes, I´ve had 5 crashes so far in 15 hours and 27min. The patch has not done much to fix the crashes imo but the game is sharper and loads textures better on patch 1.04 compared to patch 1.02.

The main quest line is lower than 20 hours I believe.
You can even finish it in 15 hours without rush.

The fact you are doing a lot of things outside the main quest add to your time.

Yeaj i mean like...thats a goofy way to play the game though lol

Like would you play the witcher 3 like that? No? So why is it that peoples brains go full retard when guns and cars are involved lol

Girl blew through thebmain quest first and did nothing else, did everything else afterwards. A noob ass way to play through something like this.

Your job is literally gaming lol i shouldnt know more about this shit than you...

Last edited:

Gracious Lord

Neo Member
The gunplay is far and away better than any first person shooter rpg ive played...what exactly are you comparing it to? Fallout? Deus ex? Outer worlds?

Also you havent done anything yet, chill. You're just in the prologue.

Also you guys need to mention what platform you're playing on. Bc that definately matters here. I look at opinions alittle differently if you're playing on last gen consoles....sorry.

Really? Better then ANY first person shooter you've played? Fallout's gun play is almost famously bad, and I'd say cyberpunks gunplay is slightly better then Fallout. It's a lot worse then borderlands, doom, overwatch paladins ETC ETC, games actually based around guns.

Also, I specifically said "Runs fine on my laptop" At the start of my review.

Mozzarella

Really? Better then ANY first person shooter you've played? Fallout's gun play is almost famously bad, and I'd say cyberpunks gunplay is slightly better then Fallout. It's a lot worse then borderlands, doom, overwatch paladins ETC ETC, games actually based around guns.

He said First Person RPG :) (This is why i like to bold or underline key words in my posts LOL).
I dont know yet but im in Act 2 and gunplay is nuts for an Open world first person RPG, its really fun.
I have many issues with the game, many i like many i dont like, but i will not talk about it until i finish the game completely, want to give accurate verdict.

Last edited:

Gracious Lord

Neo Member
I wish we had a separate word for RPG's and... RPG's. Some people use it to mean "numbers, stats, skills" and some people actually mean it as in a dungeon and dragons, roleplaying context.

Cyberpun definitely is a standout "Roleplaying experience", but it's not a very good "roleplaying game"- I don't like the way they handled numbers, stats, etc. It's gun play still I'd argue, feels worse then a lot of roleplaying "games", still looking at borderlands, code:vein, etc.

Isendurl

I wish we had a separate word for RPG's and... RPG's. Some people use it to mean "numbers, stats, skills" and some people actually mean it as in a dungeon and dragons, roleplaying context.

Cyberpun definitely is a standout "Roleplaying experience", but it's not a very good "roleplaying game"- I don't like the way they handled numbers, stats, etc. It's gun play still I'd argue, feels worse then a lot of roleplaying "games", still looking at borderlands, code:vein, etc.

Don't we already have that? Its called Action RPG.

Yeaj i mean like...thats a goofy way to play the game though lol

Like would you play the witcher 3 like that? No? So why is it that peoples brains go full retard when guns and cars are involved lol

First person shooter rpg im sure i said...

So borderlands is the really the only argument...

JRW

I'm having a blast with Cyberpunk, my 2070 has met its match (with RT enabled) but i'm in EVGA's queue system for a 3060 Ti FTW3 & 3070.

Recently during a side mission I got side tracked by a gas station being robbed and I was obviously way under leveled to engage, enemies were bullet sponges and it only took 1 or 2 hits to kill me lol, took a good amount of reloads to defeat them but was super satisfying when I finally did it, plus got some nice way above my level gear worth $$$

In the 27 hours I've played (and a lot more to do!) I've experienced a handful of minor bugs only 1 of which require me to reload game, twice now when accessing the map it wouldn't let me exit back to the game and my only option was to ALT F4, I could still move around the map / change legend filters etc. just stuck in map mode, even tried using my controller to exit.

Last edited:
Speaking of the side missions/gigs. Can't remember which it was but I had one where I used double jump to scale the building, stealthed in through the open roof windows, hacked my way through and retrieved what was needed.

That'll do just fine. I think people need to remember to explore and look for these moments and options.

aries_71

Amazing, this abomination is just amazing. During the first mission, were you have to climb a com tower, I couldn't climb the ladder. As soon as I finished climbing, it threw be backwards and had to reclimb from below. It took me more than 10 tries to finally be able to reach the tower top. Also, I finished the first mission that Dex gives you. During the fight with the boss the game stopped reloading the weapons. I couldn't reload my pistol or shotgun. It stuck several times on the reloading sequence, where you could hear the reloading sound on a loop, but the bullets weren't reloaded. I died several times because of this. Never seen anything like this, and I've a gamer since the Spectrum 48K times.

91 Metacritic. Unbelievable.

OpenCritic finally started to update with newer reviews.

Down to 89.

Down to 87.

For the first time, Opencritic puts a PSA warning players not to play the console version of Cyberpunk 2077 on the review page.

So good.

NyYXNdL.png

Teslerum

Yeap... It was really weird that they stopped to add reviews when it started to get bad scores on four days ago.
Metacritic is still holding to add reviews.

This happens every time. I have yet to see any review aggregator that does their job diligently. On any game.

Last edited:

Alebrije

Buggypunk.....

Its really amazing how they wasted 8 years on this game... its like the Witcher 3 CDPR was a total different company compared to the one that made this game.

The game interaction level and bugs are like if you were playing Fallout 4. Days Gone is so much better than Cyberpunk ...and did not had the same marketing and hype.

Plus to hide to consumers the PS4 Xbone performance sets a new low to CDPR.

Top Bottom