• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Better than Witcher 3

He talks... so... slowly

Really just feels like he's reading off a script most of the time and not doing a particularly good job of it
I know what you mean. But if you look at many of Keanu's more recent movies, especially the John Wick movies, he seems to speak in that slow growly tone all the time. Maybe that's just how he talks when he is trying to portray a badass type of character lol

Kamina

Golden Boy
Ignored it the past year and only jumped in early this year when the Ps5 version was out and on sale.
The current latest patch seemed to have fixed most of whatever people were complaining about the past year and a half.
The story was interesting and exciting to experience.
The world was interesting and the gameplay was fun.
Was it very bad or super awesome? Neither, but it was quite good, especially for the 20 something bucks i ended up paying.
A DLC or something would be nice.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. But if you look at many of Keanu's more recent movies, especially the John Wick movies, he seems to speak in that slow growly tone all the time. Maybe that's just how he talks when he is trying to portray a badass type of character lol

I wouldn't actually say it was particularly growly tbh

I must have had more than 20 crashes on PS4 Pro and I only started playing after the 1.5 patch

Last edited:
Combat yes, the world they built and level design, yes. Everything else, nope. So ultimately, no in my opinion it is not better. There’s a lot of personal preference that goes into this though, if you much prefer shooters or sci-go over high fantasy then you’re likely going to like it Cyberpunk better.

I can’t believe you say that the music is better though, it was pretty average all around, the score was decent, but radio stations were relatively boring though. The Witcher 3 soundtrack is objectively incredible and unique. Even then CDPR fucked up, you’ve got Velen, this massive piece of land where you spend so much of the game in, and you’ve got the same piece of music that’s not even two minutes long looping over and over, what were they thinking? There are small sections just outside of Novigrad that play their own unique pieces of music that are longer than that looping trash from Velen, but you spend maybe 15 minutes in total in these areas.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Combat yes, the world they built and level design, yes. Everything else, nope. So ultimately, no in my opinion it is not better. There’s a lot of personal preference that goes into this though, if you much prefer shooters or sci-go over high fantasy then you’re likely going to like it Cyberpunk better.

I can’t believe you say that the music is better though, it was pretty average all around, the score was decent, but radio stations were relatively boring though. The Witcher 3 soundtrack is objectively incredible and unique. Even then CDPR fucked up, you’ve got Velen, this massive piece of land where you spend so much of the game in, and you’ve got the same piece of music that’s not even two minutes long looping over and over, what were they thinking? There are small sections just outside of Novigrad that play their own unique pieces of music that are longer than that looping trash from Velen, but you spend maybe 15 minutes in total in these areas.
i liked both game's soundtrack, though i guess TW3's is still a bit better overall.
But i still have to take my hats of to CP2077's. Its made by the same people and they still managed to pull of something great despite the massive setting shift and the not-score-friendly genres they had to work with.

We also got the chance to know this thing exists:

I'm playing through Cyberpunk right now on my site X, and I am loving it. It is well written, even many of the side quests. However, I still feel it doesn't hold a candle to Witcher 3, which has a great story and some of the most incredibly detailed and thought provoking side quests and DLC I've ever seen in a game. I wish they would have held of on releasing Cyberpunk for another year, and skipped last gen consoles, as I think an extra year of polish would have helped, but this game is treated worse than a standard Ubisoft game, and yet has an incredibly large world and didn't feel cookie cutter at all

anothertech

As a comparison, I feel like there are alot more diverse ways to play in CP. I played through it 3 times, once as a silent ninja slasher, once as a pure hacker, once as a straight up brawler.

Every run was a very fun and different experience. Never even tried it as a pure shoot em up yet, which is what the normal playthrough would be I think.

W3 doesn't have that option, besides speccing defensive quen or offensive magic/slasher.

Also the world is much more dense and pact with random side things every step of the way. W3 is beautiful but far more barren.

I personally love the setting, so happy it exists as a sandbox world you can ride through from one end to the other without stopping.

Then again If you're just against Keanu in general as a performer you're obviously going to pick Witcher. That's pretty biased tho. He really did a fine job in this game.

stn

I genuinely really liked CP2077 and would rank it somewhere in my top 100. The main quests were very fun and the world sucked me in. As much as I liked it, Witcher 3 is on another level. I still remember forcing myself to find time to grind through the game even though I had no time and had just started working as a lawyer and was extremely busy. Lots of sleepless nights because I was just so absorbed into the game.

EDIT: If I had to rank, CP is about 8.5/10, while Witcher is a 10/10.

Last edited:

Raven117

Almost to the end now.

Its good. The story is good. The side quests (for major characters) are good. The combat is serviceable. It just...it just doesn't quite all come together like it did in Witcher 3. Witcher 3 took its time. Took its time telling the story. Let the player take their time with the world...The pace was more confident. Cyberpunk...everything feels kinda rushed. Damn, that cell phone going off everytime I was in the middle of a mission really grated on my nerves. The game didn't really let the player kinda fade into the background like Witcher 3 did. Didn't let everything breathe a little bit. Because of that....the cool world feels more like a backdrop running to point to point rather than somewhere that has a better sense of place.

Cyberpunk also takes itself a little too seriously. Could have used a bit more black humor...instead...it kinda went all in on "edgy." Though don't get me wrong, I got a good laugh at Keanu on many occasions. Either intentionally or not.

Also, the first person perspective was a mistake. I think they should have stayed 3rd person.

Is it worth a playthrough at this point? Absolutely.

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
Playing it on my PS5. I was going to wait until the goty version come out but who knows how far away that is. Anyway I been enjoying it. I like the characters and the world. I get it’s mostly window dressing but still driving around the map is a pretty good time

JayK47

I think Cyberpunk did make certain improvements over The Witcher 3, but clearly they were over their heads with Cyberpunk. I am currently on my 2nd playthrough, and it will likely be my last. Two years later and the game plays the same and missions feel the same as well. No meaningful choices that I am seeing so far. Every time I play The Witcher 3, I make some choices that really affected the outcome. So it feels different enough from play to play to justify playing it again. The world of Cyberpunk, even after 2 years of patches, doesn't feel as alive as the world of The Witcher 3. The main story in Cyberpunk is impatient, constantly telling you to "hurry here, I am waiting and I don't like to wait". So I feel like any and all side missions do not even fit in the game. Who has time to do some races when Goro is impatiently waiting for you to meet him? The Witcher 3 side missions felt more organic and fit well with the main story. Cyperpunk side missions feel tacked on and entire parts of the game feel half baked like they had way more plans for it and had to cut it short to release it. The Witcher 3 felt complete from day one. Nothing felt tacked on and it was a well put together game. Lightning in a bottle and I doubt we will get anything from CD Projekt Red as good as The Witcher 3 again.

drganon

Just started playing it on the ps5. Can't say if it's better than the Witcher 3 yet, I'm not that far into it, but so far it's been pretty awesome.

Exoil

I managed to play CP for a weekend before I was bored of it. Uninteresting, repetetive, stupid AI and so on.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm itching to get back to it but don't want to jump back in just yet. where the heck is the rest of the DLC and the expansion?

Top Bottom