• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

MilkyJoe

Grocery stores also card people when they buy alcohol. When’s the last time you heard the “muh freedumb” people whining like babies about that? Don’t expect consistency from anti-vaxxer dumbshits.

How much of a drone do you have to be to equate proving you're legally able to buy alcohol to providing your personal medical status to gain access to society.

You people are so weak it makes me sick.

RAÏSanÏa

It's been a few weeks since Covid parties were topical and their existence questioned.
They do exist and made the news as well as the ICU.

Last edited:

Kilau

No, there are no noble motivations. But there are very understandable ones. It’s human nature to turn on those that are making your life a continuing misery.

If I was one of the poor bastards locked up in isolation at home still because I had a compromised immune system, I’d be on those sites daily, relishing in the deaths of the idiots keeping me there.

Our sympathy really should be for those people, not the collection of fools perpetrating the ongoing pandemic.

If a lot of people are enjoying the schadenfreude, I’m not going to judge them to harshly.
Again, someone that didn't wear a cloth mask (that wouldn't have stopped a damn thing) in July of 2020 and died shortly thereafter isn't continuing anyone's misery now.

I have lots of sympathy for those that can't get vaccinated through no fault of their own but I will judge someone harshly for relishing in the death of an innocent (ignorant and misguided) person.

And there are always exceptions, there are folks that deliberately peddle in lies for one reason or another, greed and or power. If they believe their own shit and die from something they claim is a hoax then whatever. To mock "Karen from Kansas" because she posted she wouldn't wear a mask last year is just too far for me.

• Strength
Reactions: LMJ

Jaysen

Banned
How much of a drone do you have to be to equate proving you're legally able to buy alcohol to providing your personal medical status to gain access to society.

So you’re saying there’s different shades of freedom, eh? Why would that be? Oh right, youre desperate to not give the impression that you’re a hypocrite.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I've been hesitant in the past to promote Herman Cain Awards (https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/) or the Sorry Anti Vaxxer website (https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/) because it's all felt a bit cruel.

But it seems like a lot of people are being swayed into getting vaxxed because they've stumbled on one or the other, so now I'm making sure I let as many people know about them as possible :messenger_tears_of_joy:

If the endless parade of dead people sends someone to get that painless, easy jab then it's worth it.
I think because every case is literally the same exact same shit. they all parrot the same garbage anti vaxx memes on facebook before they get covid, say they are doing okay and make a call out for the prayer warriors, then someone from their family updates about their passing, start a go fund me, and say how good of a person they were if you look past their posts about Michelle obama being a gorrila and God only creating 2 genders, it's actually quite tiring how predictably stupid these people are, but I think people are starting to see the pattern and self preservation is kicking in. Like you said, there is a lighter side to all this, and people are bringing in receipts to show that the sub has led people to go out and get vaccinated so that they are not the subject of mockery after succumbing to the virus

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

I would ask how weak and afraid does one have to be not to get a safe vaccine and share that info, and how selfish are they not to get the perfectly safe vaccine in the interest of the public health?

People like you like to toss around insults like "drones" and "sheep", meanwhile your collective social media and messaging is all drawn from a painfully shallow well of embarrassing boomer memery and misinformation, as you trot along lockstep with one another into the great beyond.

It's been a few weeks since Covid parties were topical and their existence questioned.
They do exist and made the news as well as the ICU.

The sad thing is, prior to vaccines people used to inoculate themselves by exposure to material from people who had recovered from the sickness, so that they'd become predictably sick but not that bad. Now knuckleheads in 2021 are just straight up exposing themselves to the delta variant full blast. Man, this pandemic has revealed how horrifically stupid nearly half the populace is.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

I would ask how weak and afraid does one have to be not to get a safe vaccine and share that info, and how selfish are they not to get the perfectly safe vaccine in the interest of the public health?

People like you like to toss around insults like "drones" and "sheep", meanwhile your collective social media and messaging is all drawn from a painfully shallow well of embarrassing boomer memery and misinformation, as you trot along lockstep with one another into the great beyond.

The sad thing is, prior to vaccines people used to inoculate themselves by exposure to material from people who had recovered from the sickness, so that they'd become predictably sick but not that bad. Now knuckleheads in 2021 are just straight up exposing themselves to the delta variant full blast. Man, this pandemic has revealed how horrifically stupid nearly half the populace is.

You're a politicians wet dream.

PS this is the least safe vaccine that has ever been put to market. Do you actually pay attention to the news? I suppose that "news" depends on where you live, but I'm assuming North America because you keep using the word Freedom, though you clearly have no idea what it even means :messenger_grinning_smiling:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

PS this is the least safe vaccine that has ever been put to market. Do you actually pay attention to the news? I suppose that "news" depends on where you live, but I'm assuming North America because you keep using the word Freedom, though you clearly have no idea what it even means :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I don't know if it's encouraging or saddening to see that this type of living meme isn't native to the US.

RAÏSanÏa

Exactly, they're talking old world settler medicine thinking they can be predictably sick with a novel virus variant in 2021. Trying to achieve what high tech vaccines do except with none of the safeguards(minus the emergency room) and all the risks of being exposed to a novel virus. Ginger Ale don't cure covid, Derrick.

It's a good point that they don't realize how much danger they put themselves and others in with this type of thinking. Horrifically stupid is right. They don't appear they were ever really at risk of understanding consequences, they were herded to attend these parties.

MilkyJoe

I don't know if it's encouraging or saddening to see that this type of living meme isn't native to the US.

Yep, thought so. Watching the US has been hilarious. Watching videos of people in the US wearing 12 masks and a space helmet or tearing into each other over someone else not wearing enough masks is hilarious. You're a weird breed.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

Tell me more about how unsafe the FDA approved vaccine is despite being administered successfully across the world.

Enlighten me.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Tell me more about how unsafe the FDA approved vaccine is despite being administered successfully across the world.

Enlighten me.
Even if it was the least safe vaccine it would be because vaccines are incredibly safe. Nearly all the risk is from your immune system, the exact same risks you face with regular infections but mitigated in a vaccine by controlling the dosage of antigen.

Nobody_Important

Even if it was the least safe vaccine it would be because vaccines are incredibly safe. Nearly all the risk is from your immune system, the exact same risks you face with regular infections but mitigated in a vaccine by controlling the dosage of antigen.
Oh I know. I was just calling him on his nonsense.

MilkyJoe

Enlighten me.
It's killed quite a few people, did you not see? That myocarditis is causing quite the stir too. Lest we not forget the blood clots.

To be someone who doesn’t politicize vaccines during a fucking world health crisis? Hmmm feels pretty damn good! Thanks for asking
Man you really play the part, don't you. Did you not make a personal judgement call after wave one showed us the vulnerable groups? and realise you can pretty much just get on with your life, within the law, or did you keep going like there's some imminent threat of death to you? Maybe there is? maybe you're 70 something or have hiv or something, who knows.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

You basically just showed everyone that you have no idea what you are talking about and are just repeating social media talking points.

Congrats.
I've been following this from day one. It's not everyday you get to live through something like this. You keep using "repeating social media" like all social media in memes or something, as opposed to links to papers and studies. Your problem is that you follow MSM to the letter because you are too afraid to think for yourself and accept the reality. You ironically chose that blue pill 🍆

Just curious, do they mean 6 billion sets of vaccines (double dosage)? I dont know about other vaccines, but the Pfizer one is a double doser. But if it's tracking single shots, it could really mean 3 billion sets, or somewhere in between.

Single doses,

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I've been following this from day one. It's not everyday you get to live through something like this. You keep using "repeating social media" like all social media in memes or something, as opposed to links to papers and studies. Your problem is that you follow MSM to the letter because you are too afraid to think for yourself and accept the reality. You ironically chose that blue pill 🍆

Single doses,
we can't all be as woke as you. do enlighten us

MilkyJoe

we can't all be as woke as you. do enlighten us

Woke? Me?
Then you either haven't paid close enough attention to the facts or you are paying attention to the wrong sources.

Because the vaccine is safe. That is a statistical fact.

It's not safe for everyone, otherwise it wouldn't have killed people. Now I understand that medication is never 100% safe, but when you are peddling a vaccine to groups that do not require it, then that's when the it becomes unsafe. Especially when coercion is used instead of informed consent. Which I don't think you have in America because you're not as free as you think you are.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Woke? Me?

It's not safe for everyone, otherwise it wouldn't have killed people. Now I understand that medication is never 100% safe, but when you are peddling a vaccine to groups that do not require it, then that's when the it becomes unsafe. Especially when coercion is used instead of informed consent. Which I don't you have in America because you're not as free as you think you are.
Every group needs it 🤦‍♂️

Why do I feel like this is the 18th time that we've had this exact conversation in this thread in just the last few months?

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Every group needs it 🤦‍♂️

Why do I feel like this is the 18th time that we've had this exact conversation in this thread in just the last few months?

No every group does not need it. This is the difference between your reality and the reality of the world outside of your borders. You live in a country where medicine is a business, you are conditioned to believe you must take medicine just to survive on a daily basis. You would be amazed as to how infrequently people outside you your country take any medication.

It's probably the 18th time someone from outside of the US has engaged you. Or the insufferable cowardice of the posters in here probably keeps people away, me included. It's like the last refuge of those before they fall into the clutches of recetera, never to think again...

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

No every group does not need it. This is the difference between your reality and the reality of the world outside of your borders. You live in a country where medicine is a business, you are conditioned to believe you must take medicine just to survive on a daily basis. You would be amazed as to how infrequently people outside you your country take any medication.

It's probably the 18th time someone from outside of the US has engaged you. Or the insufferable cowardice of the posters in here probably keeps people away, me included. It's like the last refuge of those before they fall into the clutches of recetera, never to think again...
Now you're just being needlessly dramatic and derailing the thread with era talk. I strongly suggest that you go look at the numerous statistical studies that show just how more effective being vaccinated is against covid-19 then not being vaccinated. And then when you are done doing that I would once again strongly recommend that you go and look at just how rare the side effects of the vaccine that you're talking about is. If you still can't be persuaded by either of those facts then you are just being intentionally obtuse and you're not interested in having a real discussion.

Because you are factually incorrect when you say that the vaccine is not safe and now it's just a matter of whether or not you accept that and adjust your viewpoint.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Now you're just being needlessly dramatic and derailing the thread with era talk. I strongly suggest that you go look at the numerous statistical studies that show just how more effective being vaccinated is against covid-19 then not being vaccinated. And then when you are done doing that I would once again strongly recommend that you go and look at just how rare the side effects of the vaccine that you're talking about is. If you still can't be persuaded by either of those facts then you are just being intentionally obtuse and you're not interested in having a real discussion.

Because you are factually incorrect when you say that the vaccine is not safe and now it's just a matter of whether or not you accept that and adjust your viewpoint.

I mean, they're insinuating that we're all idiots with incorrect info then link to the "Preprint server for health sciences". I am guessing self awareness is not a trait of theirs.

Nobody_Important

I mean, they're insinuating that we're all idiots with incorrect info then link to the "Preprint server for health sciences". I am guessing self awareness is not a trait of theirs.
Also note how they have repeatedly claimed that the vaccine is unsafe and has killed all these people and yet has not linked to any of that information. You would think that if it was just so obvious and just so easily shown that would have been the first thing that they did.

It's almost as if it's all bullshit. Crazy isn't it?

I think because every case is literally the same exact same shit. they all parrot the same garbage anti vaxx memes on facebook before they get covid, say they are doing okay and make a call out for the prayer warriors, then someone from their family updates about their passing, start a go fund me, and say how good of a person they were if you look past their posts about Michelle obama being a gorrila and God only creating 2 genders, it's actually quite tiring how predictably stupid these people are, but I think people are starting to see the pattern and self preservation is kicking in. Like you said, there is a lighter side to all this, and people are bringing in receipts to show that the sub has led people to go out and get vaccinated so that they are not the subject of mockery after succumbing to the virus
I hope self preservation is kicking in. How many consequences do people have to see others experience before they start protecting themselves in the most basic and easy way possible. It couldn’t be any easier (except when met with propaganda causing mass delusion obviously).

EXACTLY!

It has been hypocritical calling the pro covid vaccine “sheep”, “followers”, and lacking independent thought when that’s exactly what the behavior the poster you quoted is achieving.

The political anti vaccine crowd demonstrates that they do not choose to think rationally, they are strictly operating on a defiant behavior system. I’m not going to go deep into it, but their opinions have been handed to them, and for many the only thing that will change their tune is experiencing or seeing consequences.

But the fact is their opinions are wrong and that is a fact, and their motivations are dysfunctional. But as time goes on more and more give in so that is positive, it just sucks to see people being dregs on society when normally they are contributing members.

MilkyJoe

Well you're behaving like Era people, you refuse to discuss any new information. In this sentence you just said numerous studies show how more effective the vaccine is than natural immunity when I just linked you to a paper that shows this to be untrue, or didn't you have a browse through it because Yale scientists are too meme for you? We're now onto the Delta variant and studies now show that natural immunity is more effective and vaccination of the recovered shows little to no benefit. In this case they are not a group that need a vaccine and thus the risks, especially in the young, need not be taken and better still the vaccine can be better used elsewhere in countries or states, in your case, where more vulnerable have not been vaccinated.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
VZ69Xua.png

Nobody_Important

The thing that people don't seem to understand is that these vaccines and other similar medications are never 100% safe for 100% of the population. There are always side effects that vary from the mild to the severe and even the possibly deadly in extremely rare circumstances.

But if you have a medication that has been successfully administered hundreds of millions of times and you only have a handful of severe cases of bad reactions then that is not proof that the medication is unsafe it's actually the exact opposite. You are just showing that the overwhelming majority of people react to the medication just fine.

And what really twists my brain into knots is when you have the chuckleheads that come in and make arguments for the vaccine being incredibly dangerous or whatever but they also are the exact same people who dismiss cases of child deaths and point to how few of those cases there are. If you could bottle that kind of stupidity and irony you would have a weapon of mass destruction.

Well you're behaving like Era people, you refuse to discuss any new information. In this sentence you just said numerous studies show how more effective the vaccine is than natural immunity when I just linked you to a paper that shows this to be untrue, or didn't you have a browse through it because Yale scientists are too meme for you? We're now onto the Delta variant and studies now show that natural immunity is more effective and vaccination of the recovered shows little to no benefit. In this case they are not a group that need a vaccine and thus the risks, especially in the young, need not be taken and better still the vaccine can be better used elsewhere in countries or states, in your case, where more vulnerable have not been vaccinated.

this has been discussed already

poppabk

"Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant."
That's from the paper you linked to as evidence that not everyone needs the vaccine. If you can't even be bothered to read the things you link to, how can you expect anyone to take you ..well no one is gonna take you seriously...how can you expect anyone to not think you are a crank or a troll.

Nobody_Important

Are you even reading my posts? Because nowhere in that post did I say anything about natural immunity. That's the argument that you keep trying to bring up. Not me.

I'm talking about the benefits of the vaccine overall and the FACT that it's safe. Which is what the argument was originally about before you started ranting about era.

MilkyJoe

Are you even reading my posts? Because nowhere in that post did I say anything about natural immunity. That's the argument that you keep trying to bring up. Not me.

I'm talking about the benefits of the vaccine overall and the FACT that it's safe. Which is what the argument was originally about before you started ranting about era.
You said all groups need it, for the 18th time, I showed you where that's an incorrect statement. Ranting? ThatWord. Jpg

MilkyJoe

"Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant."
That's from the paper you linked to as evidence that not everyone needs the vaccine. If you can't even be bothered to read the things you link to, how can you expect anyone to take you ..well no one is gonna take you seriously...how can you expect anyone to not think you are a crank or a troll.
"A new study on the effects of natural infection by the coronavirus suggests that there may be little to no benefit for recovered SARS-CoV-2 patients in receiving vaccines against the coronavirus.

According to the study, conducted in Cleveland, Ohio and published in the MedRxiv journal last month, people who were infected with the coronavirus enjoy significant long-term immunity from the virus, which is unlikely to be increased by being injected with one of the coronavirus vaccinations now on the market."

🤔

MilkyJoe

this has been discussed already

I don't think there's much chance of using it to board an aeroplane, say, without medical certification. Everyone and their mother claim they've already had it after their Jean brought home a nasty cold from that week in Blackpool.

(the union flag, always a civilised exchange)

poppabk

"A new study on the effects of natural infection by the coronavirus suggests that there may be little to no benefit for recovered SARS-CoV-2 patients in receiving vaccines against the coronavirus.

According to the study, conducted in Cleveland, Ohio and published in the MedRxiv journal last month, people who were infected with the coronavirus enjoy significant long-term immunity from the virus, which is unlikely to be increased by being injected with one of the coronavirus vaccinations now on the market."

🤔
That is a different study. You can't just accept one conclusion from a study because it supports your preconceived notions and then reject a conclusion from the same study because you don't like it.
I too can enter *study shows no benefit to vaccination in previously infected* into Google, I don't need you as an annoying middle man. But if I am actually interested in the facts, I Google *COVID vaccination in previously infected* then I have to review (bare minimum, read the conclusions) several sources and then form my opinion. You don't form your opinion then go looking for only data (and by data in your case I mean the title of the paper) that supports it.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
That is a different study. You can't just accept one conclusion from a study because it supports your preconceived notions and then reject a conclusion from the same study because you don't like it.
I too can enter *study shows no benefit to vaccination in previously infected* into Google, I don't need you as an annoying middle man. But if I am actually interested in the facts, I Google *COVID vaccination in previously infected* then I have to review (bare minimum, read the conclusions) several sources and then form my opinion. You don't form your opinion then go looking for only data (and by data in your case I mean the title of the paper) that supports it.

Honest, personal, detailed research is the enemy of the anti-vaxxer (or any conspiracy theorist).

To be one, you have to be able to dismiss the vast majority of data, and only pay attention to the narrow field that confirms your own bias.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

It's the one linked in the post you quoted

You know how this works, right?

Ps these are not Googles, these are collations since inception of this folly. I've been book marking to to see how it pans out for my own interest, not scared kids on the Internet.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Honest, personal, detailed research is the enemy of the anti-vaxxer (or any conspiracy theorist).

To be one, you have to be able to dismiss the vast majority of data, and only pay attention to the narrow field that confirms your own bias.

Antivaxxer = someone that believes that vaccinating groups, with more chance of injury than benefit, is a waste of vaccine when it could be put to better use in unvaxxed vulnerable groups elsewhere...

You are literally deranged 😂

Reactions: WoJ
Top Bottom