• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

Mistake

Grocery stores also card people when they buy alcohol. When’s the last time you heard the “muh freedumb” people whining like babies about that? Don’t expect consistency from anti-vaxxer dumbshits.
You have the same people on the other side complaining about voter ID. There’s plenty of reasons why one side doesn’t trust the other, and it’s because both are being extremely retarded. It’s like there’s no solid science anymore. If there was a moderate approach to this whole thing to begin with, along with full transparency, then more people would be vaccinated. Instead we got a whole lot of FUD, and science is thrown out the window. You got people coming in from the south with measles right now. Seriously, wtf

Last edited:

Jaysen

Banned
You have the same people on the other side complaining about voter ID. There’s plenty of reasons why one side doesn’t trust the other, and it’s because both are being extremely retarded. It’s like there’s no solid science anymore. If there was a moderate approach to this whole thing to begin with, along with full transparency, then more people would be vaccinated. Instead we got a whole lot of FUD, and science is thrown out the window. You got people coming in from the south with measles right now. Seriously, wtf
Those two things aren’t remotely the same thing.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Grocery stores also card people when they buy alcohol. When’s the last time you heard the “muh freedumb” people whining like babies about that? Don’t expect consistency from anti-vaxxer dumbshits.

I actually saw an older guy (gray hair, 50's from the looks of his skin) throw a major tantrum over getting carded for alcohol in a convenience store once. The poor kid behind the counter correctly mentioned that he had to ask everyone by state law (at the time), and even pointed out that the guy was holding his wallet with his driver's license visible. Like, just show me, and we're done - takes two seconds. Some people think that every banal, casual transaction is an affront upon their freedoms.

Also about voter ID (other conversation in the thread) those are different things. A citizen is either registered to vote or isn't, and is issued a registration card regardless of whether or not they want or have a driver's license or some other form of arbitrary (in this case) ID. That registration card (and having their information stored within the relevant state registries) is akin to a vaccine card and their vaccination info being stored with the local Dept of Health and the CDC. There's no additional, pointless layer of ID needed to prove vaccination.

Last edited:

Mistake

Those two things aren’t remotely the same thing.
It literally is, it’s your drivers license. I would know, because my state required it when I voted.
Also about voter ID (other conversation in the thread) those are different things. A citizen is either registered to vote or isn't, and is issued a registration card regardless of whether or not they want or have a driver's license or some other form of arbitrary (in this case) ID. That registration card (and having their information stored within the relevant state registries) is akin to a vaccine card and their vaccination info being stored with the local Dept of Health and the CDC. There's no additional, pointless layer of ID needed to prove vaccination.
The only thing you need to register to vote is an ID (in my state.) I showed up and registered the same day I voted. Took two minutes. I don’t have a “voter card” or whatever the hell. Is your problem the registration?

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
It literally is, it’s your drivers license. I would know, because my state required it when I voted.

The only thing you need to register to vote is an ID (in my state.) I showed up and registered the same day I voted. Took two minutes. I don’t have a “voter card” or whatever the hell. Is your problem the registration?

In my state all one needs is to register. That registration is enough (and a "card" is issued - it's just a piece of paper with a little section they can cut out to serve as ID). They don't need ID like a driver's license, though if they have one and not their voter registration they can show the driver's license (or whatever) instead.

I have no problem with registration. That's a good thing IMO, keeps the voter rolls current and has the voter's most recent info on record to prevent fraud.

Mistake

In my state all one needs is to register. That registration is enough (and a "card" is issued - it's just a piece of paper with a little section they can cut out to serve as ID). They don't need ID like a driver's license, though if they have one and not their voter registration they can show the driver's license (or whatever) instead.

I have no problem with registration. That's a good thing IMO, keeps the voter rolls current and has the voter's most recent info on record to prevent fraud.
Oh I get it. I suppose having both is kind of redundant, maybe that’s why people are so angry about it. My state doesn’t have a registration card to vote. The next time you show up, you flash your ID, they check if you’re in the town register, and you vote. No problem

Jaysen

Banned

What you’re saying would be true if people had to register with the grocery store first to buy beer, get approved to buy the beer, and then be forced to prove they were permitted to buy the beer when buying the beer.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Chaplain Chaplain your posts are kind of a fascinating look into a social media bubble other than my own (and I know I have my own). My Twitter feed looks nothing like that, even though I follow lots of conservatives (albeit, traditional conservatives)

Mistake

What you’re saying would be true if people had to register with the grocery store first to buy beer, get approved to buy the beer, and then be forced to prove they were permitted to buy the beer when buying the beer.
The main argument I see is people wanting ID to be involved at all. And seeing as you already went through verification in the first place to get one, that’s why it’s redundant. But then again, not everyone who has an ID votes, so some checks and balances should be involved. Anyway, I’m derailing things too much here.

So here’s a better question. What do you guys think is the good that has come of all this? In what ways are things better than before? Remote work is a big one, more independent workers would be another

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

The same reason that no-one wants to compare themselves to Norway or Denmark either, it would take a revolution to make a social welfare state like in Scandinavian countries a reality in places like the US. Besides Sweden has very high vaccination rates, the main goal of all of us right now.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The same reason that no-one wants to compare themselves to Norway or Denmark either, it would take a revolution to make a social welfare state like in Scandinavian countries a reality in places like the US. Besides Sweden has very high vaccination rates, the main goal of all of us right now.

Spot on. Scandinavians are an incredibly good natured, compliant bunch by and large, whose culture and social infrastructure would horrify most Americans. Pointless comparison.

also a death rate 10 times higher that of Norway and Finland, and 5 times that of Denmark…Sweden also had restrictions from the start of the year

that’s the reason the anti lockdown cabal quietly stopped talking about them

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

He selectively chooses which countries to compare Sweden to when it suits his arguments. For example, he jumps around comparing Sweden to some of the worst performers in the beginning of his article (lots of other countries look good compared to those), then does comparisons to Israel, other Nordic countries, and then Germany, but using selective timescales and selective measurements to cherry pick his point.

The main argument for Sweden doing what it did, was that while in the short run it might endure a lot of deaths, in the long run, it'll reach a level of herd immunity in a much less economically devastating fashion, and that eventually, the deaths per capita will even out.

That's not how it ended up, so far.

eOD5Vpa.png

Sweden might be performing better in certain metrics at certain times relative to other countries for certain reasons, but ultimately we need to look at the overall death counts to see if the prediction panned out. It didn't.

Sweden still has an overall higher per capita death rate than its neighbors and Israel. As the vaccination rates increase in these countries, I don't see this balance changing much.

Perhaps, in a world where there still isn't a vaccine, Sweden's strategy might have worked out well. However, our world has a vaccine that was rolled out at warp speed that proved both very safe and very effective, and I'm glad we have it.

Using Sweden and only Sweden as some kind of role model for the United States doesn't really mean anything unless you also:

1. Have a population that actually trusts the government and medical institutions
2. Wears masks and complies with regulations
3. Has a higher level of social empathy
4. Has universal health care that is both affordable and high quality

You ain't getting that in the USA, especially #4.

Aesius

I'm seeing a common sentiment in parenting forums/subs about people banning their kids' grandparents and other extended family members from seeing them because they won't get vaccinated.

I was under the impression that the vaccinated can still spread COVID and that they usually just have milder/no symptoms when they get infected. Is that wrong and they actually don't contract the virus or spread it?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm seeing a common sentiment in parenting forums/subs about people banning their kids' grandparents and other extended family members from seeing them because they won't get vaccinated.

I was under the impression that the vaccinated can still spread COVID and that they usually just have milder/no symptoms when they get infected. Is that wrong and they actually don't contract the virus or spread it?
Vaccinated people still can contract the virus, and if infected can still spread it, however it's a lot less compared to unvaccinated people. Current data suggests that vaccinated people who experience a breakthrough infection might start out with a similar viral load to unvaccinated people, but they clear the virus more quickly, which leads to faster recovery times, and a shorter window of contagiousness.

mm7037e1_HospitalizationDeathVaccineStatus_IMAGE_10Sept21_1200x675-medium.jpg

As for your scenario, there's another element to this as well. Because older people are that much more susceptible to COVID19, and since being vaccinated prevents severe illness and death by over 90%, I would keep them away for their own protection too. Kids under 12 can't be vaccinated yet, and there's a chance they could be infectious and not know it.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Do you live in Florida or are you traveling to the death zone willingly?
We're going willingly, as much as I bitch and moan about certain covid issues both me and my wife are vaccinated and we adhere to masking guidelines. I did just find out last night that my father in law however is not vaccinated due to annoyingly very political reasons. My mother in law is a nurse practitioner and even got him a rx for ivermectin which makes my annoyance grow even further.

What makes it even dumber is that he's not against the vaccine in a sense cause he thinks it'll kill him since he's said he'd get it if forced to when it comes to traveling, he's simply being very stubborn. ALSO 2 years ago he had a stint put in his heart so he's not exactly the picture of health but he's also the same person who'd argue with restaurant workers over wearing a mask while walking to our table, very embarrassing.

So yea me and my wife learning this yesterday has put a bit of stress on the upcoming trip due to his stupidity. I've already told her he is legit a prime candidate for things to go south if he were to get covid, what makes it even dumber is he is extremely intelligent, an actual rocket scientist, yet incredibly stupid when it comes to basic ass medical decisions.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
98% of today’s covid anti-vax comes from delusion and an infectious disease called politics & propaganda.

Covid isn’t that difficult right now outside of the ER, it just requires some cooperation.

But people are motherfucking dumb as hell, and are stubborn.
Amen.

The amazing thing about the vaccine too is it's free, available everywhere (including walk ins) and doesnt hurt a bit. What more can you want?

I can understand if they said to prevent covid, you got to take a vaccine and also chop off a pinky finger everyone would balk. I'd balk too. If it's like rabies shots legends where supposedly you get a bunch of gut wrenching painful needles in your stomach (not sure that is even true), then ya, I can see people saying forget it too.

I bet many of the grown adults who say no to covid are all gung ho about getting their babies and toddlers vaccine shots at 1 years old, but at 40 years old and the gov saying you should do it, suddenly they chicken out.

Slaylock

98% of today’s covid anti-vax comes from delusion and an infectious disease called politics & propaganda.

Covid isn’t that difficult right now outside of the ER, it just requires some cooperation.

But people are motherfucking dumb as hell, and are stubborn.
A few weeks ago I posted how my wife was hesitant to get vaccinated because she has an auto-immune disorder. She spoke with various doctors and none could give her much guidance.

After a bit of prodding from me, she finally got the first dose. After a couple of days, she developed neuropathy, with pain and tingling in her extremities. It's lessened a bit as time has passed, but the doctor has recommended that she not get the second dose for now.

Before you throw around numbers like 98%, you might want to consider the large segment of our society that has significant health issues that could easily be exacerbated by the vaccine. How about a little compassion for those who are just looking after their own health?

A few weeks ago I posted how my wife was hesitant to get vaccinated because she has an auto-immune disorder. She spoke with various doctors and none could give her much guidance.

After a bit of prodding from me, she finally got the first dose. After a couple of days, she developed neuropathy, with pain and tingling in her extremities. It's lessened a bit as time has passed, but the doctor has recommended that she not get the second dose for now.

Before you throw around numbers like 98%, you might want to consider the large segment of our society that has significant health issues that could easily be exacerbated by the vaccine. How about a little compassion for those who are just looking after their own health?

i was accounting for her already. Nice try though.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

When people say get a vaccine shot, anyone who is allergic or has known severe reactions is excluded. Even government mandated vaccines for employees are quoted as exempt if there's known or possible health issues due to it.

If someone is allergic to apples, and apples healthy to eat, it's pretty obvious you dont force someone to eat an apple.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
What you said wasn't accurate.

For anyone who has been following the conversation in the thread closely, the consideration of those people has been quite frequently expressed. Part of the reason the anti-vaxxers are so frustrating is because of the unfair burden they place on those people who are willing but unable to get the vaccine for legitimate medical reasons.

We’ve reached the point where anyone reachable on this has been reached. The only people left are either firm anti-vaxxers, or the poor bastards who are locked up in their homes because they’re immunosuppressed and can’t take the vaccine.

How about some sympathy for them instead of the anti-vaxxers who are keeping them locked up?

How about telling anti-vaxxers to work with their fellow man and have empathy for all of those who cannot take the vaccine?

Why are you - and so many like you - more concerned with some nebulous idea of your American ‘freedoms’ while totally ignoring the actual and real plight of your fellow citizens?

As I asked the other guy - who hasn’t answered - where’s your sympathy for the poor people who are locked at home because they can’t get the vaccine, but would be able to move more freely if everyone else did?
Do you fancy commenting on my question regarding the immunocompromised, and how they are being badly affected by anti-vaxxers?

Thanks for the heartfelt response. I can feel your empathy for those who have health challenges. You are truly a wonderful human being.

881b9e54-8517-4461-b0bf-584bb7f95072_text.gif

Hey Mr. Empathy, get the vaccine and help protect your immuno compromised wife from your own ass. If you already did then great, thank you for not being stupid!

Everyone knows about immuno compromised and allergic reactive people, they’re in rare form compared to the other intentional anti vaccine morons.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

Well now it looks like I will probably get the booster. This messaging is ridiculous. Seems like health care workers may be part of the emergency auth like I speculated earlier. Thats great news.
Hmm I was phase I in Virginia for the initial vaccines so hopefully I will be able to get a booster. If so I hope it doesn't knock me on my ass like the second shot did.

This is a good subreddit because it follows person after person who posted social media memes about covid, were anti vax, got consequences, and charged their tune about the vaccine. The worst part is that it is so easy to avoid these possibilities with exception to incredibly compromised individuals.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This is a good subreddit because it follows person after person who posted social media memes about covid, were anti vax, got consequences, and charged their tune about the vaccine. The worst part is that it is so easy to avoid these possibilities with exception to incredibly compromised individuals.
If anyone is going to be anti-vax, go ahead. It's your life.

What I find dumber is them going on social media yukking it up bragging and promoting a clearly political stance on a healthcare related issue, as if they are some crusader of expert detective skills debunking medical issues.

Where do they find these people?

I know some people who are anti-vax. Dont see any of them posting about it on FB or nagging people at work about their view.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

The authors of one recently published meta-analysis of ivermectin for COVID-193 have publicly stated that they will now reanalyze and republish their now-retracted meta-analysis and will no longer include either of the two papers just mentioned. As these two papers1,6 were the only studies included in that meta-analysis to demonstrate an independently significant reduction in mortality, the revision will probably show no mortality benefit for ivermectin.

Several other studies that claim a clinical benefit for ivermectin are similarly fraught, and contain impossible numbers in their results, unexplainable mismatches between trial registry updates and published patient demographics, purported timelines that are not consistent with the veracity of the data collection, and substantial methodological weaknesses. We expect further studies supporting ivermectin to be withdrawn over the coming months.

Since the above primary studies were published, many hundreds of thousands of patients7 have been dosed with ivermectin, relying on an evidence base that has substantially evaporated under close scrutiny.
Relying on low-quality or questionable studies in the current global climate presents severe and immediate harms. The enormous impact of COVID-19 and the consequent urgent need to demonstrate the clinical efficacy of new therapeutic options provides fertile ground for even poorly evidenced claims of efficacy to be amplified, both in the scientific literature and on social media. This context can lead to the rapid translation of almost any apparently favorable conclusion from a relatively weak trial or set of trials into widespread clinical practice and public policy.

We recognize that this is a change to long-accepted practice and is substantially more rigorous than the standards that are typically currently applied, but we believe that what has happened in the case of ivermectin justifies our proposal: a poorly scrutinized evidence base supported the administration of millions of doses of a potentially ineffective drug globally, and yet when this evidence was subjected to a very basic numerical scrutiny it collapsed in a matter of weeks. This research has created undue confidence in the use of ivermectin as a prophylactic or treatment for COVID-19, has usurped other research agendas, and probably resulted in inappropriate treatment or substandard care of patients.

LMJ

How demonstrative a reply.

You make a statement about something. Another person with better information and understanding of it than you counters that statement. You ignore what they’re saying, even though they know better than you.
You gave a personal anecdote...hardly "informed"

I posted the riots occurring to show you everything isn't calm over there, that shit happened in the last few days...Just because your family is well and healthy (great news) doesn't mean things are hunky dorey in Melbourne
How anti-vax of you.

Do carry on having fun with the others, though. I won’t be replying to you again, because you clearly have no capacity to accept or believe what anyone else is telling you.
Funny you say that, as you've yet again ignored the fact I am pro vaccine and pro vax in general, just not treating over a hundred million people like idiots because I refuse to think deeper than

Dur
Vaccinated = good
Not Vaccinated = EVIL

Oh and
Open Your Eyes GIF by ClawsTNT

Anti-vax, long-ass posts
Another who apparently ignores the words in posts (assuming you're referring to mine if not then)
call the midwife GIF by PBS

If you're in charge, what would you do differently to achieve the goal of more vaccinations and less death, and why should I believe you that it would work?
Boy that's a toughie of a question now isn't it...
As the states would still hold power over there citizens when it comes to lockdowns/etc
And as I actually think the rollout of the vaccine has been pretty decent (as many have said you can get it readily everywhere)

So as in federal power...
I would protect the elderly, ensuring that they and the sick are top priority after the tragedy we first saw in Italy and than here in NY etc (full scrubs on all employees and ensure they have the means to vaccinate all that are willing.
I would encourage similar to Japan a healthy workout regimen that anyone can participate in and offer incentives for healthy living (perhaps a tax incentive on fruits vegetables and proteins)
I would create a bill that would ensure F95 masks were available nationwide and offer a tax incentive to private business' to ensure they had a healthy stock
I would look into manufacturing stateside for toiletries and disinfectant to help wade off gouging etc should demand spike again.
I would be very specific that this is a time of unity and not division and regardless of race, creed, or religion those that need or want vaccine can get it
I would request the CDC and Fauci be more careful with their wording, make it clear that this is a illness we STILL don't know everything about, make it clear that there may be mutations etc to the American people, but also reassure them we are always watching these mutations and working on them and potential cures/vaccines as well
I would never step on the rights of a private business owners rights, but instead offer tax incentives to those who encourage their employess' and have a high vaccination count.
I would run government sanctioned ads featuring survivors who shared the same concerns and worries as many of those still holding out, make it clear the more vaccinated the sooner certain states can drop the masks, the sooner we can return to normal and not fall on blame anywhere except where it's due and that's the lab in china
Lastly (at least for now lol this is a doozy of a question) I would viscously go after those that are purposely spreading lies and mis-information online, not asking questions or disagreeing with policy (that shit happens all the time) but those talking about "microchips in the vaccine" kind of crap
Then you're misunderstanding those words, because that's not what he's doing. He's not including people who want to take the vaccine but can't.
I know what Biden read and in the grand scheme I agree with you, but again I am looking at this from the so called "anti vaxer" mentality and he grouped the non vaccinated...They will use that for further division...I mean shit lol they are as we speak...

So sad, truely a victim of propaganda. Shame on everyone spreading this garbage

These are the people being misled who are losing their lives...My mother is the same, but she was willing to chat and hear me out...only reason she was vaccinated was requirement by work, but when I asked where she heard this garbage it was of course social media
We're going willingly, as much as I bitch and moan about certain covid issues both me and my wife are vaccinated and we adhere to masking guidelines. I did just find out last night that my father in law however is not vaccinated due to annoyingly very political reasons. My mother in law is a nurse practitioner and even got him a rx for ivermectin which makes my annoyance grow even further.
Yeah that is unfortunate
What makes it even dumber is that he's not against the vaccine in a sense cause he thinks it'll kill him since he's said he'd get it if forced to when it comes to traveling, he's simply being very stubborn.
this is a large number of those holding out
ALSO 2 years ago he had a stint put in his heart so he's not exactly the picture of health but he's also the same person who'd argue with restaurant workers over wearing a mask while walking to our table, very embarrassing.
I wish him the best, hope he stays safe
So yea me and my wife learning this yesterday has put a bit of stress on the upcoming trip due to his stupidity. I've already told her he is legit a prime candidate for things to go south if he were to get covid, what makes it even dumber is he is extremely intelligent, an actual rocket scientist, yet incredibly stupid when it comes to basic ass medical decisions.
A shit ton of these people are...again it is a trust issue for many, and yet we group them all together and call them "idiots" That needs to stop
If you ignore the religious and the paranoid then yeah...

Bingo
But people are motherfucking dumb as hell
yeah no (see above literal rocket scientist)
, and are stubborn.
Oh hell yeah on that one

A major issue for many (despite what some asshats on here think) and I hope she's better
Agreed, that's why labeling those who don't want it as monsters or idiots isn't just wrong, but dangerous
It encourages their mistrust and puts those like your wife in a very dangerous situation
If anyone is going to be anti-vax, go ahead. It's your life.
Dude have you been reading this thread?
What I find dumber is them going on social media yukking it up bragging and promoting a clearly political stance on a healthcare related issue, as if they are some crusader of expert detective skills debunking medical issues.
lol welcome to the cancer that is social media
Everyone has an opinion, and now almost everyone can give it regardless of things like facts etc getting in the way.

I mean look at Twitter, Facebook and ...ugh...tiktok they are spreading stupidity and mean spiritedness they encourage division and the media is no better, sorrow and hate bring great ratings...the world loves a scandal after all

Where do they find these people?
where...dude SM is available to
everyone GIF

We have people kill each other over a rare fastfood chicken sandwich (popeyes)

and you're surprised out of billions there are assholes and crazies that attract others?
I know some people who are anti-vax. Dont see any of them posting about it on FB or nagging people at work about their view.
Same (thank freaking God)

FunkMiller

Gold Member
You gave a personal anecdote...hardly "informed"

I posted the riots occurring to show you everything isn't calm over there, that shit happened in the last few days...Just because your family is well and healthy (great news) doesn't mean things are hunky dorey in Melbourne

Of course things are 'hunky dorey' in Melbourne. The protests are just a few fucking bell ends :messenger_tears_of_joy: Exactly the same as it was here in London last year.

The vast, vast majority in Victoria are just obeying the lockdown rules until the vaccine program brings them out of it again.

You, and others like you, are desperate to forward this narrative that governments are overreaching with their powers and that 'the people just won't stand for it!' when it's clearly absolute horseshit. You can't stop a very small minority acting like a right bunch of cunts... but that's all they are.

Everybody else is sensible, and realises that we're in a pandemic and that things will get better again once vaccinations are high enough.

But, you know, I only have the evidence of an entire country of people here in the UK to back up what I'm saying, so what do I know, eh?

And just to clarify... you know... in case you weren't too sure of my position:

At this late stage in the pandemic, where we have access to more data about covid and the vaccines from reliable sources than we could ever need, anyone who does not have a decent medical reason for not getting the vaccine is a fucking dimwit. Not EVIL... just a fucking dimwit. A selfish dimwit.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member

these people are unreal

I've been hesitant in the past to promote Herman Cain Awards (https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/) or the Sorry Anti Vaxxer website (https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/) because it's all felt a bit cruel.

But it seems like a lot of people are being swayed into getting vaxxed because they've stumbled on one or the other, so now I'm making sure I let as many people know about them as possible :messenger_tears_of_joy:

If the endless parade of dead people sends someone to get that painless, easy jab then it's worth it.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I've been hesitant in the past to promote Herman Cain Awards (https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/) or the Sorry Anti Vaxxer website (https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/) because it's all felt a bit cruel.

But it seems like a lot of people are being swayed into getting vaxxed because they've stumbled on one or the other, so now I'm making sure I let as many people know about them as possible :messenger_tears_of_joy:

If the endless parade of dead people sends someone to get that painless, easy jab then it's worth it.

They're getting younger and younger on those sites / subreddits. It used to be almost exclusively people over 50, now there's plenty of 20 and 30 something anti-vaxxers peppered throughout and showing up every day with the average being mid-40's.

Last edited:

Kilau

I really do question the sanity and motivations of people that spend their time looking for anti mask/anti vax social media posts in the hopes of dunking on literal dead people.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I really do question the sanity and motivations of people that spend their time looking for anti mask/anti vax social media posts in the hopes of dunking on literal dead people.

Did you read my post above? The sites exist to persuade people to get the vaccine. Yes, there’s a lot of schadenfreude going on from the vaccinated, who are sick of having their freedoms continually curtailed by anti vaxxers, but there is a positive purpose to them that I whole heartedly encourage.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

It's pretty gross, but if they keep convincing people to get the vaccine then at least they're doing some good. It's encouraging seeing how many younger Redditors are getting the shots after spending time on those subreddits. The likelihood of them perishing from it is very low, but the more people we get vaccinated the sooner we can reach herd immunity.

if nothing else it's a record for future pandemics when we come to learn any lessons on easily preventable deaths

Last edited:

Kilau

Did you read my post above? The sites exist to persuade people to get the vaccine. Yes, there’s a lot of schadenfreude going on from the vaccinated, who are sick of having their freedoms continually curtailed by anti vaxxers, but there is a positive purpose to them that I whole heartedly encourage.
Yes I saw your post and you can draw your own conclusions on how many people it might convince to get vaccinated out of fear they will be mocked after they die.

I was specifically referring to the people that spend their time looking for dead anti maskers/anti vaxers especially from like last July for example. That’s just pathetic and you can’t convince me there are noble motivations there.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Yes I saw your post and you can draw your own conclusions on how many people it might convince to get vaccinated out of fear they will be mocked after they die.

I was specifically referring to the people that spend their time looking for dead anti maskers/anti vaxers especially from like last July for example. That’s just pathetic and you can’t convince me there are noble motivations there.

No, there are no noble motivations. But there are very understandable ones. It’s human nature to turn on those that are making your life a continuing misery.

If I was one of the poor bastards locked up in isolation at home still because I had a compromised immune system, I’d be on those sites daily, relishing in the deaths of the idiots keeping me there.

Our sympathy really should be for those people, not the collection of fools perpetrating the ongoing pandemic.

If a lot of people are enjoying the schadenfreude, I’m not going to judge them to harshly.

Top Bottom