• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer is coming in December

5tYp1ol.jpg

NKMT0k1.gif

hlm666

How ugly...
🥺🥺
December is supposed to be Christmas, a night of peace.🌟... Night of love... We celebrate the posadas of the 3 wise men 🤴🏼🤴🏻🤴🏿and Jesus🧔.

Why are they showing us a trailer for a violent game during Brotherhood and Santa Claus season 🎅???
Here's an xmas movie that should satisfy your christmas ideals.

and incase you need something to fill in the wait you can always get into this one from last year right now.

Puskas

Considering for how long GTAO has been milked, I personally have a hard time to get excited about a new GTA knowing it’s probably be going to be more of the same or worse.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
It better not also release for the last gen consoles. I know Rockstar are greedy fucks but it's time to move on.

The optimist in me says the reason this is taking so long is they made the shift to current gen-only which resulted in more available power/resources so they added more layers and complexity.

We'll see soon enough, I guess.

Stafford

It better not also release for the last gen consoles. I know Rockstar are greedy fucks but it's time to move on.

Holy shit bruh, I had not even thought of that possibility. It really shouldn't. We haven't even had Rockstar 's first current gen game, and this likely will also be the only one if previous years are anything to go by. This likely will be like RDR2, which didn't make its way to PS360.

We'll probably find out in the first trailer.

Holy shit bruh, I had not even thought of that possibility. It really shouldn't. We haven't even had Rockstar 's first current gen game, and this likely will also be the only one if previous years are anything to go by. This likely will be like RDR2, which didn't make its way to PS360.

We'll probably find out in the first trailer.
It would make zero sense to put on last gen consoles. Rockstar plans for this game to last 10-15 years. If they released it on ps4/xbox1 than its way more likely the game would be obsolete within that time frame. It would be terrible business

Neo_GAF

Banned
It would make zero sense to put on last gen consoles. Rockstar plans for this game to last 10-15 years. If they released it on ps4/xbox1 than its way more likely the game would be obsolete within that time frame. It would be terrible business
do you really think, they had 10 years in their head when they released gta5 on 360?
i doubt it.
also you cannot play the current version of gta5 on ps360.
hence it could make sense to release it also on the old platforms and eventually let those platform versions die out, once they have achieved several seasons on them.

iam still baffled, that gta5 become such a big hit and it seems to sell gangbusters online. i never played it online, but iam shocked to see so many still play and invest into it.
can someone post the old footage from the leak from some years ago?

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
What? The leaked footage is from 2021-2022. Nevertheless, obviously people are excited because an actual trailer is something completely different than leaked development footage. And it also means we are getting closer to the release.

Thats then the footage was leaked, not the actual build date. The build is much older.

do you really think, they had 10 years in their head when they released gta5 on 360?
i doubt it.
also you cannot play the current version of gta5 on ps360.
hence it could make sense to release it also on the old platforms and eventually let those platform versions die out, once they have achieved several seasons on them.

iam still baffled, that gta5 become such a big hit and it seems to sell gangbusters online. i never played it online, but iam shocked to see so many still play and invest into it.
can someone post the old footage from the leak from some years ago?
No, Rockstar didn't even plan for GTA 5 online to take off like it did. I actually doubt Rockstar would have released GTA 5 on ps3/360 if they knew it would be around for 10 years. And, Rockstar is not looking to limit the scope of their game so they can sell an extra few million copies in 2025. By that time, few gamers will still be on last gen systems. Rockstar is looking for GTA 6 to still be relevant 10-15 years from now. 0% chance it releases on last gen

It's gonna start with crypto trading on the phone as the camera pans out, you'll be surrounded by NFT artwork before you exit with your sports car because you made it big then the trailer ends with an NFT promo for early GTA access. I just feel it's gonna happen.

Flutta

Banned

LMAO... Told you. This game will be so woke that people will mistake it for Saint's Row.
They won't even show that in the trailers.. this will be the classic bait and switch these companies do because they know people hate this woke garbage, effing snakes!

#WesternGamingIsDead
#NotMyGTA

Marlon Wayans Dancing GIF

Last edited:

hlm666

i doubt that this will be true. gta/rockstar traditionally hate nintendo.

they also hate pc, so why bother?
Someone posted a twitter post above stating they plan to improve fivem servers, which is a pc only mod and server yet they hate pc.................

supernova8

Banned
To be fair gta online didn't stop rdr2 from being amazing so we should still hold out some hope. Just a tiny bit of hope.
Good point buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut (according to Wikipedia) RDR2 was in development for over 8 years, so considering that it came out in 2018 (and GTA Online launched in 2013), I'd wager that Rockstar already had a fairly solidified plan for RDR2 by the time they realized GTA Online was a real money spinner.

but yeah of course I would be delighted to be proved wrong

Mephisto40

I hope everybody is prepared to have to buy an extra hard drive for their PS5 or xbox, because this game is not filling any less than 250GB of space on release

Last edited:

amigastar

I expect the driving physics to be between GTA 4 and GTA 5. Not as sloppy as GTA 4 but not as responsive and fast as the GTA 5 one.

Rossco EZ

i’ve been playing a fivem rp server recently with a friend and it’s got me looking forward to whatever 6 will be even more now, can’t come soon enough :messenger_beaming:

Top Bottom