• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer is coming in December

saintjules

This is gonna overshadow anything else at the Keighleys. Kojimbo will be upset.

That's why I doubt it will be at TGA.

I can agree, but I think there's could be a small chance that Geoff gets a sliver of something from Rockstar - albeit a short teaser trailer of some kind. That's if Rockstar does their big thing before the awards. If it's after TGA, then probably not.

I can agree, but I think there's could be a small chance that Geoff gets a sliver of something from Rockstar - albeit a short teaser trailer of some kind. That's if Rockstar does their big thing before the awards. If it's after TGA, then probably not.
I would not be surprised that the first trailer will be presented by Rockstar, but the second one might arrive to TGA.

Stafford

Odds on seeing an LGBTQ flag in the trailer?

It wouldn't shock me. Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't they remove some "anti trans" talking NPCs from GTAO?

Ideally they just don't give a damn and they mock anything, like IV and V did with some of those hilarious TV shows and ads. It's satire ffs.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
If they don't mistakenly put a Cuban Flag, maybe?

internet what GIF

saintjules

I would not be surprised that the first trailer will be presented by Rockstar, but the second one might arrive to TGA.

Yeah, agreed. I think to not see something at TGA from a game that huge in even the smallest way possible would be odd. That's just my gut feeling though and I'm only saying it because of this announcement this morning.

Last edited:

Paasei

PC version on release with mod support. Hopefully the gameplay will finally move on from the PS2 era.

Sounds very negative, I know, but I am always interested in a new game from these guys. Don’t worry.

skit_data

I'm not much of a GTA player, at least not the more recent installments, but I will definitely watch the trailer premiere because it's just a massive event in the industry

Last edited:

Frwrd

I just realised that it's perfectly possible the trailer won't even contain a release date. The very first trailer for V didn't have one.
Are we expecting a release date? Personally am not expecting one, to be honest. I’d be surprised if we did get one with the trailer.

Kurotri

Nitpicking of the highest order but damn, you could've atleast given us a logo. A random tweet is so low energy! Anyway, looking forward to the trailer, I hope it's really insane. I remember the GTA 5 trailer drop so fondly, it was everything everyone ever talked about for weeks. And if it says 2024, I will automatically not believe it. 2025 100%.

Darsxx82

So probably announced during the game awards? This would be Keighley's biggest get ever
I highly doubt that Rockstar will want to share attention with other announcements made at the TGA. I have no doubt that the trailer would be shown independently in a week where only GTA VI existed and was talked about.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Plus it'll probably be shit anyway since Rockstar discovered they can print money with GTA Online, just as innovation with FIFA games went out the window as soon as EA realized it cost milk people with Ultimate Team.
To be fair gta online didn't stop rdr2 from being amazing so we should still hold out some hope. Just a tiny bit of hope.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I love GTA, but I'm not gonna lie, I have a little fatigue. I hope they innovate a lot this time. Instead of making it bigger..

Woggleman

I am looking forward to it. It's weird but was not even looking forward to the next GTA until the leaks. There is a lot they could do with a Bonnie and Clyde kind of story.

Quantum253

If I recall, the first glimpse of GTA4 and 5. Were a like 15-30 second trailers. That briefly just showed some landscape and the character. Didn't show much and wasn't until the full trailers were revealed to have an understanding.
So I'm expecting a quick blip and having very little to no info, which will lead to some interesting conversations and crazy map measuring/layouts

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I'd love to see a documentary featuring the video editor tasked with editing the most anticipated trailer in the history of entertainment.

Like the amount of pressure that dude is feeling must be high, how many drafts have they gone through?

Would love to see it

Most viewed announcement trailer announcement in history? What's the numbers!?!

Well, the announcement tweet has over 60million views in just 4 hours. We can assume gigantic numbers lol

Last edited:

xVodevil

Well shocking news!
One, please let it be Vice City themed for real
Two, please no delayed PC release.. Though it would be funny to see the initial basic package released before bringing out the glorious RTX and whatnot PC edition
And then .. I didn't even like RDR2 that much but damn that game will hold up visually for many many years to come, so to imagine this could be 80's vibe coming alive at it's best ever would be a dream come true!

Top Bottom