• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troll

Banned
So we have:

WATXM
Wolverine
Savage Wolverine
Joe Madureira's Wolverine
Uncanny Avengers

Am I missing anything, bub?

(Intentionally left out Age of Apocalypse, alternate versions of Logan all that.)

Quake1028

Should be another awesome week of comics!

DC COMICS
Green Arrow #18, $2.99
Injustice #8, $0.99

IMAGE COMICS
Lost Vegas #1 (Of 4), $3.50
Sex #1, $2.99
Snapshot #2 (Of 4), $2.99

MARVEL COMICS
Age Of Ultron #1 (Of 10), $3.99
All-New X-Men #8, $3.99
Avengers #7 , $3.99
Superior Spider-Man #5, $3.99
Winter Soldier #16, $2.99

Quake1028

bones, you will happy to know that after I make my way through AVX over the next few days, Hickman's Fantastic run is my next endeavor.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
bones, you will happy to know that after I make my way through AVX over the next few days, Hickman's Fantastic run is my next endeavor.

nvVCb.gif

How familiar are you with you with Dr Doom, the Inhumans & the Marvel Cosmic stuff?

Same books for me this week. May check out AoU, but I'm not getting my hopes up right now.

yeah not even worth my time. really hoping it doesn't screw with any of my pull list... i mean just look at what AvX did to WATXM.

bronson

Went to Emerald City last weekend. Got an awesome Bad Horse sketch from Francesco Francavilla:

J4BbzoZ.jpg

I have a collection starting, with Red Crow (Jeff Lemire) and Diesel (David Lapham).

Today I feel like TTOB, and think the whole comic's industry should burn to the ground.

http://ordstersrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/2013/03/life-over-fifty.html

And I've heard people in this Comics community wish our comics elders poorly, simply because they are old and "outdated" That has to end. The shitstain new guard wouldn't have a pot to piss in if not for the work that the old guard put in.

Marvel/DC need a real overhaul in how they treat all their creators, in contract or not. It really sickens me that supremely people like Ordway and Ostrander and Simonson can be tossed away like yesterday's trash, while other are given work and don't deserve to smell their jocks.

/rant

EXCLUSIVE: DC COMICS REVEALS "BATMAN AND" LINEUP OF TEAM-UPS
By now, everyone and their mother in the real world has heard about the death of Damian Wayne AKA Robin. But in the world of the DC Comics universe, the news will be traveling slowly through the ranks of Batman's circle of allies.

And the place where the fallout will hit hardest is likely to be the soon to be retitled "Batman And..." series. Previously called "Batman and Robin," the book's final issue with Damian's alter ego co-headlining will be an all-silent #18. After that, writer Peter Tomasi and artist Patrick Gleason will welcome a new guest star every week to the proceedings to help Bruce Wayne through the grieving process and perhaps point the way forward.

DC revealed to CBR the characters that would appear in the months ahead:

#19 — Batman and Red Robin
#20 — Batman and Red Hood
#21 — Batman and Batgirl
#22 — Batman and Catwoman
#23 — Batman and Nightwing

Here is the bat crossover we all wanted. Why does Nightwing have to be last? It's the one I'll be most looking forward too.

Edit: I'm really glad this wasn't going to be its own miniseries.

Marvel/DC need a real overhaul in how they treat all their creators, in contract or not. It really sickens me that supremely people like Ordway and Ostrander and Simonson can be tossed away like yesterday's trash, while other are given work and don't deserve to smell their jocks.

/rant

Simonson has drawn avengers and is drawingthe upcoming hulk arc. plus he did an OGN for DC.

Ostrander had some health problems but i enjoyed the arc of secret six he did and i believe he was a writer on the dark horse star wars comic.

Simonson has drawn avengers and is drawingthe upcoming hulk arc. plus he did an OGN for DC.

Ostrander had some health problems but i enjoyed the arc of secret six he did and i beleivee he was a writer on the dark horse star wars comic.

I'm aware. Let's not pretend they are used or promoted as they should be, or taken care of financially or with benefits.

ElNarez

Banned
not I. When the time comes to raze DC to the ground, you have my torch.

Yo, let's not go and pretend the situation for creators isn't way worse at Marvel. Let us never forget that Len Wein has made more bank co-creating second-string Batman supporting character Lucius Fox than he did from creating motherfucking Wolverine.

not I. When the time comes to raze DC to the ground, you have my torch.

Marvel's just as bad. Don't kid yourself. Read the Ordway article. Sickening.

Yo, let's not go and pretend the situation for creators isn't way worse at Marvel. Let us never forget that Len Wein has made more bank co-creating second-string Batman supporting character Lucius Fox than he did from creating motherfucking Wolverine.

Exactly. Sometime it's time to put away the fanboy banners.

Today I feel like TTOB, and think the whole comic's industry should burn to the ground.

http://ordstersrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/2013/03/life-over-fifty.html

And I've heard people in this Comics community wish our comics elders poorly, simply because they are old and "outdated" That has to end. The shitstain new guard wouldn't have a pot to piss in if not for the work that the old guard put in.

/rant

I don't support any kind of burning of an industry but I do agree some kind of reform should be enacted to protect the creators.

akira28

Marvel's just as bad. Don't kid yourself. Read the Ordway article. Sickening.

I'm not. I just particularly dislike 52 as of late. If we're talking sins of the past, we KNOW both companies have been shit to the freaking founding fathers of modern comics. But DC has been so bad

ElNarez

Banned
I'm not. I just particularly dislike 52 as of late. If we're talking sins of the past, we KNOW both companies have been shit to the freaking founding fathers of modern comics. But DC has been so bad

You sir, are fucking cray-cray. There are so many worthwhile books that came out of the new 52 it is pretty fucking dumb to write DC off entirely. The New 52 is kind of a hot mess, but it's got enough good in it to be enjoyable. Come on, son.

akira28

not feeling it. Seeing books die left and right, and what replaces them is crap. I'm sorry but having a few good books is little solace for a completely wrecked gimmicky reboot.

Totally disagree, and it has zero to do with what I posted. Too many use any post to get a dig in. For what reason? No clue.

Both companies have great and shit books. Hell, all the publishers do.

And they all treat the vets as shit, which IS the point of my post.

not feeling it. Seeing books die left and right, and what replaces them is crap. I'm sorry but having a few good books is little solace for a completely wrecked gimmicky reboot.

It has more than "a few good books". The majority of 52 titles are good to great. You feel otherwise. Congratulations, you are expressing your right to an opinion. The great thing about opinions is that they are allowed to be wrong. (Which you are, in this case).

Most of the canceled books have been to low sales numbers. Not every title is going to succeed, sadly. Do I feel that some of them were mishandeled or should have been given a bit longer? Sure, but the rest are the natural result of the marketplace speaking. I fucking LOVE the Legion, but even I knew that having two Legion titles wasn't going to last. Should we lambast DC editorial over that? An under 20k selling title was given 16 issues. That's pretty god damn amazing. But no one ever talks about that sort of thing. No one ever talks about the books that were given leases on life when they shouldn't have been, financially.

But let's just pretend that DC is the only company that cancels books.

Totally disagree, and it has zero to do with what I posted. Too many use any post to get a dig in. For what reason? No clue.

Both companies have great and shit books. Hell, all the publishers do.

And they all treat the vets as shit, which IS the point of my post.
No doubt brah. If you are missing out on Aquaman, Vibe, The Flash for the art, Talon and my soon to be launching Lagoon Boy ongoing, I don't know what to say.

frye

Yeah, the ethical thing bugs me a lot and I've definitely thought about just quitting straight up, especially in the last year or so.

I don't know why I keep supporting these companies - I've kind of accepted that our chosen medium is built on the backs of really shitty treatment of a lot of different people spanning 7+ decades now but... I don't know. I have no excuse really. And even though I can try to rationalize it with "there are a lot of good comics/creators now that I don't want to see starving", it doesn't change the fact that we're all a part* of this cycle.

e: *or probably have been at one point

This total fucker who can't do math is doing another goddamn Kickstarer so he can pay shipping for international backers. Jesus fucking Christ.
That's the reason? That's pretty disgusting. Hopefully the bad taste is out of my mouth when the new Gladstone minis are released.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, the ethical thing bugs me a lot and I've definitely thought about just quitting straight up, especially in the last year or so.

I don't know why I keep supporting these companies - I've kind of accepted that our chosen medium is built on the backs of really shitty treatment of a lot of different people spanning 7+ decades now but... I don't know. I have no excuse really. And even though I can try to rationalize it with "there are a lot of good comics/creators now that I don't want to see starving", it doesn't change the fact that we're all a part of this cycle.

It'll reach a point where they form a union eventually, when it occurs we have to not buy books made by guys brought in to try and break a strike or whatever. These guys definitely deserve better and I hope it comes soon.

arkon

That's the reason? That's pretty disgusting. Hopefully the bad taste is out of my mouth when the new Gladstone minis are released.

I liked the first mini but I'm not sure I can support this can kind of shit. There's loads of other stuff more worthy of my dollars (or pounds in my case).

Rucka writing a book starring a strong, possibly gay female hero of action, with Michael Lark in tow.

I'll buy it just like I buy every other time he does this.

Now's our chance to get some Stephanie Brown action!

Well, I think Simone has said that a female character who hasn't appeared yet in New 52 continuity will be in The Movement.

If it's Steph or Cassandra Cain, editorial will probably change its mind and demand her replacement with an original character before the book ships.

Well, I think Simone has said that a female character who hasn't appeared yet in New 52 continuity will be in The Movement.

If it's Steph or Cassandra Cain, editorial will probably change its mind and demand her replacement with an original character before the book ships.

*faints*

tim1138

Not gonna be Steph or Cassie, so don't get your hopes up. She's also said she's going to dust off a S6 character, so my money would be on it being Scandal Savage or maybe Black Alice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom