• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
No, that was the good Age of Apocalypse Blink. The lame Generation X scrub Blink was in the recent New Mutants series.

That's what I meant. The Gen X one is the one in 616 at the moment.

I'm such a Rucka groupie at this point. He has a bit where he always either starts with a female lead or if he's writing a male character seems to find a way to sneak one in (punisher, batman, etc). But damn if his books aren't amazing every single time and his takes on characters quickly become my definitive version. Ie see Wonder Woman and The punisher. He'll he might have even had the best take on Electra.

Acid08

Banned
ECCC: Image releases first look at Rucka/Lark series 'Lazarus' (Comics Alliance)

Rehosted:

First issue is scheduled for release this June.

YES. :D

YES!!!!!

EXCLUSIVE: DC COMICS REVEALS "BATMAN AND" LINEUP OF TEAM-UPS

Here is the bat crossover we all wanted. Why does Nightwing have to be last? It's the one I'll be most looking forward too.

Edit: I'm really glad this wasn't going to be its own miniseries.

Eh....could be cool. Catwoman issue is going to be fucking horrible though. Can't wait to see how she consoles Bruce with her mouth.

Now's our chance to get some Stephanie Brown action!
Why would this ever happen?

i would think Mark waid and waler Simonson on a hulk book would sell it self
I'm juiced for it. That teaser looked fucking awesome.

DAT CREATOR OWNED SHITTING ON THE BIG TWO

kswiston

Today I feel like TTOB, and think the whole comic's industry should burn to the ground.

http://ordstersrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/2013/03/life-over-fifty.html

And I've heard people in this Comics community wish our comics elders poorly, simply because they are old and "outdated" That has to end. The shitstain new guard wouldn't have a pot to piss in if not for the work that the old guard put in.

Marvel/DC need a real overhaul in how they treat all their creators, in contract or not. It really sickens me that supremely people like Ordway and Ostrander and Simonson can be tossed away like yesterday's trash, while other are given work and don't deserve to smell their jocks.

/rant

It seems like a lot more of the artists currently working on books from the Big 2 are coming from Latin America and parts of Europe than was the case when I started reading comics 17 years ago. I always wondered if this was primarily due to the internet making it easier to work with artists from across the world, or if it was because Marvel/DC could pay international artists less at the start of their careers.

There must be a reason that so many fill in artists are people I haven't heard of (and aren't all that good) when established artists like Ordway are begging for work.

akira28

Really just a crap move. The more I think about it, the angrier I get. So now Batman gets all this drama bullshit and just keeps trucking.

I know comics aren't real but sometimes the nonrealistic parts just smack me in the face. All this pathos-armor should cause him to sink like a rock the next time he jumps off of a rooftop.

Dead

well not really...yet
Wanted to pick up the 2nd volume of Snyder/Capullo's Bats run, and B&N happened to have it.

Opened it up to my dismay to find that its shitted up with dozens of issues of garbage drawn by nobodies in between all the regular issues.

Fuck this.

Wanted to pick up the 2nd volume of Snyder/Capullo's Bats run, and B&N happened to have it.

Opened it up to my dismay to find that its shitted up with dozens of issues of garbage drawn by nobodies in between all the regular issues.

Fuck this.

Wait, "night of the owls" or "city of owls?" Night of the owls is the collection of all the crossover bullshit. I think city of owls is supposed to be just v2 of Batman itself. Amazon says city of owls is batman 8-12 plus the annual and it isn't out yet. It says night of the owls is out now and has like batman 8, 9 and the annual plus a fuckload of crossover issues from other bat books.

Dead

well not really...yet
Oh wow, they are releasing it separately too. I guess the crossover garbage came out first...

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Oh wow, they are releasing it separately too. I guess the crossover garbage came out first...

It's pretty dumb. DC doesn't seem to have a good handle on how to deal with crossovers in the New 52 when it comes to trades.

Seems like it would have been smarter to just do a companion volume with only the tie-ins, and label it explicitly as a companion. Who's going to buy only this volume and not Batman Vol 2? Who needs 3 duplicate issues?

Owzers

Read Captain America #2 and #3, what a weird freaky JR JR art book this is, but i'm enjoying it a lot. I don't think the flashbacks to Steve's childhood add anything to the book anymore, especially where Steve
tries to help his friend when bullies go to attack him for a few page

Reilly Brown and Fred Van Lente (aka the Incredible Herc duo) are working on a creator-owned comic together; something set in the Roman Empire. Reilly just put this up on his dA page:

y17qLLp.jpg

Troll

Banned
Reilly Brown and Fred Van Lente (aka the Incredible Herc duo) are working on a creator-owned comic together; something set in the Roman Empire. Reilly just put this up on his dA page:

The thumb looks little strange but otherwise that's a great piece.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I figure this is a good place to ask; I have been a fan of many comic book heroes since I was a little kid, watching animated series on TV and some different movies that have come out. I have never really read any comics though...I would like to, but I really don't know where to start. Is there a way I could read all of the old stuff, either as a physical book or digitally? Like experience Iron Man from the very beginning, or is there no way to do this?

Marvel has this thing called Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited, where you can buy a subscription that gives you access to a TON of stuff from their back catalog. Newer issues you'd have to buy individually, as far as I know. They've now made it a pain in the ass to find on their site for some reason.

Don't know about DC.

If you're looking for specific recommendations (for older stuff, I actually haven't read comics since DC did their reboot) we can probably help you out.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Marvel has this thing called Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited, where you can buy a subscription that gives you access to a TON of stuff from their back catalog. Newer issues you'd have to buy individually, as far as I know. They've now made it a pain in the ass to find on their site for some reason.

I had a month's worth of free access to that once, but never really checked it out beyond initial skimming. Interface looked very clunky, would look into it again if they've managed to address this.

Owzers

Marvel is reprinting some omnis, Uncanny, Fantastic Four, Amazing Spidey, Frank Miller daredevil volume 1s.

Nothing that effects me...only thing i'd get would be a bendis daredevil vol 1 omni.

Marvel is reprinting some omnis, Uncanny, Fantastic Four, Amazing Spidey, Frank Miller daredevil volume 1s.

Nothing that effects me...only thing i'd get would be a bendis daredevil vol 1 omni.

oooh, I can finally get that Frank Miller Daredevil omnibus. That was the one Marvel Omni I still wanted after that Morrison New X-men came back in print

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It’s the big X-Men #1 relaunch by Brian Wood and Olivier Coipel for Marvel NOW. It has variant covers by Terry Dodson, Milo Manara, Skottie Young, Nick Bradshaw and more. It’s part of the X-Men Fiftieth Anniversary, it has the return of Jubilee and it has a female cast.

It is also going to be late. Very late.

Issue one, solicited for the 17th April, has now been pushed back six weeks to the 29th May.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/05/231814/

edit: well that is understanable then.

double edit: Brain Wood is awesome

That's an awesome point to make. And he did that with constant fill-ins and creative shuffles. So that's one way to do it. The other is to change the launch date and that of the first three issues to keep the creative team and vision intact.

Schedule changes are quickly forgotten. Fill-ins are forever.

b

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Someone related to one of the people working on this book passed away. This is the reason, so hopefully not too much hating will go on here. Pushing the launch back is the best option out of all that was discussed.

-Brian Wood

Ok that's a good reason. I'm really sorry to hear that.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Someone related to one of the people working on this book passed away. This is the reason, so hopefully not too much hating will go on here. Pushing the launch back is the best option out of all that was discussed.

-Brian Wood

Now I feel like a dick :(

I'm sure when the book is released, it'll be great. We've got a lot of comics to tide us over til then anyway... including that god-tier East of West page. DRAGGOTTA HICKMANN ALL OVER MEEEE

Owzers

New saga in the orson scott card superman saga. Chris sprouse(the artist) has left the book and wont be drawing it.

good on him

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/03/05/chris-sprouse-orson-scott-card-superman-comic/1964845/

I don't like people running away from things they were going to do just because there is a vocal minority rallying against it. Same with Tebow cancelling his talk at some church because people don't like the pastor. If they thought it was a good idea BEFORE the outcry, then leaving once there is an outcry doesn't really change much outside the paycheck.

Why does everyone have to hate people who hate people!

I don't like people running away from things they were going to do just because there is a vocal minority rallying against it. Same with Tebow cancelling his talk at some church because people don't like the pastor. If they thought it was a good idea BEFORE the outcry, then leaving once there is an outcry doesn't really change much outside the paycheck.

Why does everyone have to hate people who hate people!

Or he could have just realized it really was wrong. People's opinions can evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom