• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

What are the other things on your pull list?

Like most, my pull list is an ever-evolving beast.

Paper Girls
Lazarus
Outcast
Southern Bastards
Royal City*
The Walking Dead
Saga
Shirtless Bear-Fighter
Rat Queens

Moon Girl
I Am Groot*
Squirrel Girl
Hulk
X-Men Blue
Jean Grey
Iceman*
Black Panther and The Crew
Black Bolt
Luke Cage*
Bug
Gwenpool
Wolverine
Silver Surfer

Motor Girl
God Shaper

The Wildstorm

26 books. 14 Marvel. The ones with asterisks are on trial. (And Rat Queens and Moon Girl I would drop if not for my girlfriend).

How far are you in the Fourth World?
I'm at the end of the first omni. Haven't read anything in a week, but I have a long weekend coming up so I'm gonna read some more. It's great so far though, I'm glad I picked it up. Kirby made such a cool cast of characters and story.

Uh oh! Now Sillymonkey is gonna have to read Gwenpool.

BTW guys I was extra depressed last weekend and needed something fun to read so I read 0-9. AND it twas GOOD!

Squirrel Girl and Gwenpool are the only reason I keep intermittently resubbing.

Gwenpool actually makes me feel more melancholic...

I actually wanted to ask her about that, too. After volume 3, Justice League Dark is not worth reading?
I'd say no. Immediately after Vol. 3 is a crossover between JLD and Constantine (which is a series that was largely mediocre at best) that is also a tie-in for Forever Evil, which was the even going on at the time (it's also fucking radical as hell). So that volume is bad even IF Lemire did a small amount of work on it. Everything including and past that is written by DeMatteis who just doesn't know what he's doing. Just throwing shit against the wall and seeing if it works. I think I'm technically missing the last volume, so I haven't even finished it. I genuinely couldn't be bothered at the time. The first three volumes are awesome though, and at the time I was reading it I was really really enjoying it a whole lot.
Secret Weapons #1 is out today. I highly recommend checking it out.
Well that looks fun. Looks like I'm checking out my second Valiant book.
Detective Comics is good shit, with a promise of more good shit, and another promise of even more good shit. We're fucking lucky to have that book.
Amen brother
That's....actually terrifying.
Gatdamn that's money

Reminder: I'll be on a flight to LA from Sweden tomorrow(to be precise it's in 14 hours)and I don't think the plane will have WiFi so I'll be off the grid for like 15 hours most likely.

If SGM's Batman book or any other news is announced during those hours and I don't post about it I'm not actually dead.

(Btw does anyone know if there are any cool signings or events in LA or NYC over the next 10 days?)

Messi

Reminder: I'll be on a flight to LA from Sweden tomorrow(to be precise it's in 14 hours)and I don't think the plane will have WiFi so I'll be off the grid for like 15 hours most likely.

If SGM's Batman book or any other news is announced during those hours and I don't post about it I'm not actually dead.

(Btw does anyone know if there are any cool signings or events in LA or NYC over the next 10 days?)

Robots travel?

shingi70

Banned
Current Squad book is great, it does a good job of straddling the line of action story with humor like the movie, with the more serious nature of the original run.

Malyse

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDL1-LPV0AAmIsp.jpg[/IMG]

David Nakayama is one of my favorite cover artists.

Oh Gwenpool is in Venomverse? That's .... interesting. I hope Hastings (or someone who understands the character) writes it.... It's Hastings. Honestly, I think this could be Gwen's breakout moment. I think this with be the biggest profile tie in the the character with get for a while and if this is as well written as the regular series is, people might finally check it out.

This month's Kamandi Challenge is worth it if only for the story of Steve Orlando owning the shit out of Bill Willingham.
explain

Anime Expo
lol
. Gerard Way is signing on the 15th if you wanna stay another few days

But if you wanna go up to Lancaster the artist of the upcoming Green Hornet/Spirit book is signing on the 5th, when it comes out. Idk about the book but he's my dude and a good artist

Hmm maybe, people keep saying to check out Valiant, but the couple of times I have tried, Dr Mirage (art quite nice but the rest pretty dull) and first issues of a previous XO series and the Valiant, haven't really read anything that makes me desperate to read more.

Like any other publisher, not everything is going to appeal to everyone. I just dig what they're doing company-wide and I love most (not all) of their books, so I try to spread the love. They also don't release many books per month, so they're easy to keep track of. Actually, Dr. Mirage is a book I enjoyed, but wasn't too crazy about and rarely giving glowing recommendations for; others enjoyed it a lot. It just depends on what you're in for. As for the first XO series, that was heavy on the origin story for the first few volumes, but it picked up a lot of steam as it went along.

Secret Weapons is kind of an offbeat team-up of a group of young adults with useless powers. It's written by one of the screenwriters of the film Arrival. If that appeals to you, I'd say give it a shot.

Well that looks fun. Looks like I'm checking out my second Valiant book.

giphy.gif

Vic_Viper

Anyone know when InStockTrades usually gets their books in stock? Been waiting for Hickman's Avengers Omnibus and its still not up yet. The release date on Amazon is July 18th but I know IST usually gets their stuff sooner. Been checking every tuesday and praying lol.

Anyone know when InStockTrades usually gets their books in stock? Been waiting for Hickman's Avengers Omnibus and its still not up yet. The release date on Amazon is July 18th but I know IST usually gets their stuff sooner. Been checking every tuesday and praying lol.

Usually two weeks before Amazon. It'll be up on IST next Tuesday, if you want an exact date.

Vic_Viper

Usually two weeks before Amazon. It'll be up on IST next Tuesday, if you want an exact date.

Thanks! I figured it would be sooner rather than later but just wanted to be sure. I wonder how fast it will sell, seems like Marvel has been either printing more recently or they havent been selling as well as in the past. Any idea what the price will be on IST?

Owzers

MU time:

Darth Vader #25: it's been awhile since I read 24 but it was okay, not a big fan of
cylo in general. I assume that was his name.

Civil war 2 #4: And?

Messi

Thanks! I figured it would be sooner rather than later but just wanted to be sure. I wonder how fast it will sell, seems like Marvel has been either printing more recently or they havent been selling as well as in the past. Any idea what the price will be on IST?

Around 50% off RRP or 42% if it's not one of the weekly deals.

VanWinkle

Direct market retailers (like comic shops and IST) usually get books one to two weeks before regular retailers (like Amazon). In this case, it will be two weeks, or July 5th (well, technically, it will be up on IST on July 4th.)

Top Bottom