• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Picked up Mario kart, a pro controller and the system. Will get Puyo puyo digitally. And arms is looking better and better

Awesome!

Wait, how much time will have passed since the end of SE by the time the comic starts in-universe? Bendis book ended so recently and the Grounded books aren't all done yet.

I think it's just some undetermined time in which to fill his mysteries eg why is Drax non violent, why is Groot small and so on. According to the trade listing, first vol will collection 1, 2,4,6,8,10, so after the first month it makes sense the double ship plan will be WW-esque, an on story issue then a flashback issue that informs the present.

I messed up and didn't put my apartment number on my Mario Kart preorder. Likely won't try to redeliver until Monday. :(

I don't think I'm getting Injustice until it's cheaper. I hate NRS game mechanics, and the first game was kinda mediocre for competitive play imo. The roster looks much better than the first at least. Happy to see Atrocitus, Captain Cold, Swamp Thing, Darkseid, and Doctor Fate all playable.

Just don't really have a major interest with a new Guilty Gear revision next month, Tekken in the summer, Gundam Versus in the fall, and UNIST whenever that drops. I'm not really desperate for new fighters.

UNIST?

EDIT: Under Night. Got it.

Super Family:
eoj91.jpg

This Superman is from that time I said I wouldn't draw the Reborn design right away and then immediately did.

Vic_Viper

Psyched to see what Duggan does with the Guardians, and especially Nova. Really wanted to like Bendis's GotG but after that first arc it really dropped in quality. I hope we get to see a return to form for the Guardians and Nova. I feel like Rich Rider's return was seriously half assed and so far hasnt shown to be worth it at all. I hope Duggan can do him justice, because whoever has been writting the mainline Nova series just doesnt seem to care that much. Those first 2 issues after his "return" were neat, but it just didnt feel like it was the actual Rich Rider, but rather something else.

There's a plot reason for the 90s costume

he's not the White Lantern anymore

Oh right, that's a fair plot reason. Still, I just want it around because having a reminder of Omega men is nice haha I've never really read the lantern books outside of the first two years-ish of John's original big GL run but what I would give for a cosmic book with just any sort of tone in the ballpark of Omega Men.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Valiant books will always be your Original Sin, Lunchpod.

Freeza, I've been waiting for you to finish Persona so I could ask.

(End Game Persona Spoilers)

Didn't the November reveals remind you of Astonishing X-Men a bit?

The main characters having a plan that is secret from the reader/player was great.

Freeza, I've been waiting for you to finish Persona so I could ask.

(End Game Persona Spoilers)

Didn't the November reveals remind you of Astonishing X-Men a bit?

The main characters having a plan that is secret from the reader/player was great.

That shit was mind-boggling. And they
go back and show you these big hints when all this shit happened just to make you feel extra dumb. XD

Really had a blast with this game. Though it was starting to wear on me a little at the end.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
That shit was mind-boggling. And they
go back and show you these big hints when all this shit happened just to make you feel extra dumb. XD

Really had a blast with this game. Though it was starting to wear on me a little at the end.

I really loved it. I hadn't played a JRPG (outside of Pokemon) in forever, but I played like 250 hours of Persona games since February. (90 for P4G, 40 for P4D, 160 for P5)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
When you go to the cinema, expect two hours of silly fun with the Guardians of the Galaxy, and suddenly
vaPZEuVEEPHxK.gif
all the fucking time.

Damn. So much better then the first one.

I really loved it. I hadn't played a JRPG (outside of Pokemon) in forever, but I played like 250 hours of Persona games since February. (90 for P4G, 40 for P4D, 160 for P5)

Yeah, it's been a while since I picked up a JRPG. Everything lately seemed a bit more animu than I was looking for. Stuff like Hyperdimension Neptunia and such.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it's been a while since I picked up a JRPG. Everything lately seemed a bit more animu than I was looking for. Stuff like Hyperdimension Neptunia and such.

I get it. Persona actually made me question if I might like anime after all. The answer is still only sort of, but Cowboy Bebop was great.

I get it. Persona actually made me question if I might like anime after all. The answer is still only sort of, but Cowboy Bebop was great.

There are certain anime I'll watch no question. But I can't do the season-to-season weekly marathon that a Crunchyroll subscription gets you, anymore. It got to a point where I couldn't handle following even a small number of shows because I would get 5 minutes into an episode before I wanted to do something else. I got burnt out on it. I'll still watch stuff like Attack on Titan, Steins;Gate and things of that ilk. Netflix usually gets some good stuff, too.

Sandfox

There are certain anime I'll watch no question. But I can't do the season-to-season weekly marathon that a Crunchyroll subscription gets you, anymore. It got to a point where I couldn't handle following even a small number of shows because I would get 5 minutes into an episode before I wanted to do something else. I got burnt out on it. I'll still watch stuff like Attack on Titan, Steins;Gate and things of that ilk. Netflix usually gets some good stuff, too.
I have been able to do that for a while, but it has a lot to do with my schedule. I have a few weeklies, but I haven't even tried anything from the new season.

tim1138

"Lo siento" LOL. I didn't know green lantern rings could troll their owners. I liked Jessica Cruz in Forever Evil. Maybe I should consider reading Green Lantern.

Jessica has taught her ring to be sassy, it's great. If you like the character, you really should check out Green Lanterns.

Jessica has taught her ring to be sassy, it's great. If you like the character, you really should check out Green Lanterns.

I stopped reading it after the first few issues. I found the arc a bit dull. Has it gotten better? I still like the characters, so I'd be willing to give it another shot. Also hoping Jessica ends up in Injustice 2.

PsychBat!

Banned
Currently reading Green Lanterns to see what the fuss is about.
Simon cured Bleez of her rage (something a Blue Lantern can do completely) and Jessica somehow ruined that. Not sure what to think of this duo yet but damn it.

tim1138

I stopped reading it after the first few issues. I found the arc a bit dull. Has it gotten better? I still like the characters, so I'd be willing to give it another shot. Also hoping Jessica ends up in Injustice 2.

The first arc was definitely the worst, jump ahead to issue 7 for the Family Matters arc and then the Phantom Lantern.

The best single issue is #15, it's a one shot about Jessica and her daily battle with anxiety.

I don't think I'm getting Injustice until it's cheaper. I hate NRS game mechanics, and the first game was kinda mediocre for competitive play imo. The roster looks much better than the first at least. Happy to see Atrocitus, Captain Cold, Swamp Thing, Darkseid, and Doctor Fate all playable.

Just don't really have a major interest with a new Guilty Gear revision next month, Tekken in the summer, Gundam Versus in the fall, and UNIST whenever that drops. I'm not really desperate for new fighters.
Can't wait!

PsychBat!

Banned
Green Lanterns: A comic book or a pseudo-psychoanalytic roller coaster about young adults dealing with their problems like teenagers?

Still reading. It's okay.

Hopefully Humphries' Marvel work is a bit more impressive than what I hear about Green Lanterns, since I just bought his entire Star-Lord run on sale.

I don't usually follow a character into a book where I'm not already on board with the writer, but I had to check out this Kitty & Star-Lord stuff at some point.

mreddie

Hopefully Humphries' Marvel work is a bit more impressive than what I hear about Green Lanterns, since I just bought his entire Star-Lord run on sale.

I don't usually follow a character into a book where I'm not already on board with the writer, but I had to check out this Kitty & Star-Lord stuff at some point.

giphy.gif

Messi

Well that was a fucking mistake... The Kitty and Peter bits in particular are potent shit.

Wonder Woman Rebirth #1, #1, #3, #5, #7, #9, #11: The books is so pretty! Love the slow paced story telling and the whole "re-configuring" of her complicated history. Though I don't know if it was essential considering it is going to get complicated again in a few years anyway. Glad to have the more measured Diana back (even though I also did enjoy Azarello's slightly more impulsive take).

Huck #1 - #6: This was a real surprise for me. Was waiting for the other shoe to drop considering who was writing it, but I like that he kept subverting that expectation and wrote something that is pure optimism. Loved Albuquerque's design for the character.

Buckle up for Sam "bad comics" Humphries (thank you for this frye)

MG310

I'll probably just pick up Injustice later as well for the story mode. I fell off MK10 and Injustice way too fast to justify an early purchase again.

Day 1 for Tekken though.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
East of West has some of the best written dialogue in comics out right now.

Archibald is especially a treat to read.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Seen an interesting theory that there are no actual Watchmen characters involved in Rebirth.

This would be so dumb.

Many would probably be happy, I guess, but it seems super weird to do all of that and then not have any of them in there.

But then again, only Dr. Manhattan would really warrant all that mystery cus the rest of the cast are just normal people.

Dalek

Did any editors at Marvel realize they had two separate unrelated stories related to the Phoenix come out this week?

Top Bottom