• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty - Introducing Last Stand Media (includes new XBOX podcast hosted by MrMattyPlays And Karak)

The Fartist

Gold Member
I have never heard Colin direct hateful words towards any demographic. These people just regurgitate what someone else told them. The ā€œahhh a day without a womanā€ tweet was a bad joke, he lost his job for it and itā€™s over.

He has had to heal a lot from that and has grown a fantastic following on Patreon of which Iā€™m a member of. If he was making hate filled content I would not subscribe to it. This is really sad to see people still going after him, even though Gene went on this podcast of his own free will and they had a grown up conversation about games journalism.
I disagree, "Ah. Peace and quiet" was a hillarious tweet.

TechJunk

In a sea of me-too podcasts where all they do is rehash the news, Colin Moriarity always gives a refreshing spin on things. He and his crew are funny, interesting and entertaining. Sure he doesn't fall into the far left wing mentality, but who cares? Why not broaden your horizons and listen to someone who might not have the same opinions as you? It's a freakin video game podcast...

Alex does not know what heā€™s talking about.

I listen to sacred symbols and the supplement shows a few times a week. Colin is intelligent and well spoken. I think what he said was probably inappropriate at the time and he should have known better. But he is not a misogynist/sexist etc etc. whatever people call him.

Heā€™s very inclusive although I find his anti China stuff borderline annoying. Sure China/Saudi getting involved in the gaming sphere and censorship is worth talking about however and heā€™s not afraid to call it out. I like is product and support him on Patreon.
There was really never anything wrong with the comment. Think about how many moms, on the first day of school, post the EXACT same thing about their kids. "Ah,, peace and quiet". No one accuses them of hating their children. It is easily recognized as a harmless joke. His "joke" had the biggest overreaction possible.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I disagree, "Ah. Peace and quiet" was a hillarious tweet.

There was really never anything wrong with the comment. Think about how many moms, on the first day of school, post the EXACT same thing about their kids. "Ah,, peace and quiet". No one accuses them of hating their children. It is easily recognized as a harmless joke. His "joke" had the biggest overreaction possible.
Both fair points indeed

K2D

Banned
Regarding the heat people are getting on Twitter for interacting with Colin..

The conformity I can *understand*.. given how insane society's gotten.

But echoing or even spouting their own falsities and baseless claims.. They never have receipts!
Always alluding to that one tame dad joke.

And the projecting from his former so called friend and co-founder.. talk about a spineless back stabber.

Relique

I have never heard Colin direct hateful words towards any demographic. These people just regurgitate what someone else told them. The ā€œahhh a day without a womanā€ tweet was a bad joke, he lost his job for it and itā€™s over.

He has had to heal a lot from that and has grown a fantastic following on Patreon of which Iā€™m a member of. If he was making hate filled content I would not subscribe to it. This is really sad to see people still going after him, even though Gene went on this podcast of his own free will and they had a grown up conversation about games journalism.
Offtopic but how is it that you have a username from a character released in 2022 on an account 2013? Is this some time traveler shit or did you get a name change?

If it's the former I'd appreciate the lottery numbers for next week please.

stevish

I'm a supporter of Colin, I think he's fair and level headed in most circumstances.

I think this is the "new" thing that they are basing their attacks on him on from the comments, i don't know what it's in response to exactly:

20220428-084616.jpg

šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Hunnybun

Well as the man himself says, living well is the best revenge. He's doing great and it's lovely to see.

But he's clearly still fucking angry with it all, and I don't blame him one bit.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm a supporter of Colin, I think he's fair and level headed in most circumstances.

I think this is the "new" thing that they are basing their attacks on him on from the comments, i don't know what it's in response to exactly:

20220428-084616.jpg

šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
If that's the big gotcha about Colin Moriarity (wasnt following what happened), I guess nobody has ever read any US demographic reports which detail education levels, wages, job sector, crime rates etc....

I don't think there is one key metric where Asians arent the best at. Only one I can think of of the top of my head is detailed job reports where it's likely a white person (likely a guy) skewed high when it comes to exec level jobs.

BUT, overall wages are still higher for Asians as those handful of exec level kinds of jobs dont pay enough to move the needle across the greater population.

Hunnybun

It's lame banter on the level of men farting in bed or shooting their load after 2 minutes. Lame, unfunny, harmless.

Anyone - ANYONE - who claims to have been offended by it is either

1. Seriously mentally ill
2. A complete lying fucking cunt

Reallink

Peace and quiet doesn't even qualify as "bad" or edgy by family sitcom or children's programming standards. Far more "offensive" (air quoted for sarcasm) content was proudly broadcast on primetime TV up until 2015 or 2016 or so. The "normies" like yourself who buy into and parrot the nonsense are even worse than the lunatics who wail about it in the first place.

Animated GIF

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Gold Member
It's lame banter on the level of men farting in bed or shooting their load after 2 minutes. Lame, unfunny, harmless.

Anyone - ANYONE - who claims to have been offended by it is either

1. Seriously mentally ill
2. A complete lying fucking cunt
It wasn't really about the joke.

If that's the big gotcha about Colin Moriarity (wasnt following what happened), I guess nobody has ever read any US demographic reports which detail education levels, wages, job sector, crime rates etc....

I don't think there is one key metric where Asians arent the best at. Only one I can think of of the top of my head is detailed job reports where it's likely a white person (likely a guy) skewed high when it comes to exec level jobs.

BUT, overall wages are still higher for Asians as those handful of exec level kinds of jobs dont pay enough to move the needle across the greater population.
Or, even if they disagree and have some information to counter him or just don't like his point of view on this subject (which by the way don't seem very in depth in and of themselves in his tweet), then just discuss it normally. It's really not a huge deal as they make out. He could change his mind.

But no.

Roufianos

20220428-084616.jpg

šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
I think he's since clarified that he really meant to say 'privilege' here, not racism.

In any case, on the topic of supposed racism, these same losers are all buddies with Danny O'Dwyer who used to casually tweet the N word. Clearly it's one rule for the in crowd and a different for outsiders like Colin.

MacReady13

He's a complete cunt too.

They're all just lying, witch-hunting rats. Fucking scum of the earth, all of them.
In a way I actually enjoy these tweets from these sensitive little assholes cause I now know firstly not to follow or listen to them and secondly, not read/watch/listen to anything they're associated with.

Just for the fact a guy interviewed another guy these cunts have a sook!? Fuck them all. Prove Colin is what you claim and we have something, but not 1 single person can point to anything they claim he has done! They will tell you to look for it if you want to know! Dumb fucking morons. And the reason they can't find anything is because he hasn't done or said anything to harm ANYONE! They are jealous of a guy who left mainstream gaming media cause it was a wasteland of fucking babies and created his own space which is destroying anything around!

Fancy crying over a journo speaking to another journo!!!

MacReady13

How long now before this Gene guy starts walking everything back, apologizing to his "friends and fans" and stating it was a mistake to appear on Colin's podcast???

AmuroChan

How long now before this Gene guy starts walking everything back, apologizing to his "friends and fans" and stating it was a mistake to appear on Colin's podcast???

The only way I see him doing it is if his bosses at WaPo force him to. Otherwise, I don't think he would apologize just from the Twitter backlash. By the way he spoke during the podcast, he's definitely not some woke libtard. He's a 2A guy and he told a story about this gun safety training class for journalists that he went to. This was a class for journalists that were specifically assigned to cover gun-related stories. When the instructor asked the room of hundreds of journalists who have actually used a gun before, Gene said that it was just him and one other person and how he thought it was ludicrous that people who know nothing about firearms are charged with covering news on that very topic.

He also mentioned that he's one of the few people at WaPo that went to state college instead of an elite liberal school. He joked about how he's debt free and ended up in the same place as those "motherfuckers" who have tens of thousands in student debt.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
I thought this was a brand new thing... i should listen to this eh

Love Xbox Era podcast, and Xbox in general :)

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Peace and quiet doesn't even qualify as "bad" or edgy by family sitcom or children's programming standards. Far more "offensive" (air quoted for sarcasm) content was proudly broadcast on primetime TV up until 2015 or 2016 or so. The "normies" like yourself who buy into and parrot the nonsense are even worse than the lunatics who wail about it in the first place.

Animated GIF
Iā€™m not parroting any nonsense mate, youā€™re the one coming here attacking me. Not quite sure what youā€™re on about here.

karasu

I can't believe that 'peace and quiet' tripe still comes up. I don't understand how it was either offensive or hilarious. Well, I imagine it could be both if you've never seen an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. It was awful watching Moriarty fall in love with Dave Rubin though. Not because I care about their politics, but because it was an obvious rebound hookup. Tears and all. I long for the days when people didn't base their entire identity around their fandom. Colin, Easy Allies, whoever, please stop pretending these people are your friends.

Lunarorbit

The only way I see him doing it is if his bosses at WaPo force him to. Otherwise, I don't think he would apologize just from the Twitter backlash. By the way he spoke during the podcast, he's definitely not some woke libtard. He's a 2A guy and he told a story about this gun safety training class for journalists that he went to. This was a class for journalists that were specifically assigned to cover gun-related stories. When the instructor asked the room of hundreds of journalists who have actually used a gun before, Gene said that it was just him and one other person and how he thought it was ludicrous that people who know nothing about firearms are charged with covering news on that very topic.

He also mentioned that he's one of the few people at WaPo that went to state college instead of an elite liberal school. He joked about how he's debt free and ended up in the same place as those "motherfuckers" who have tens of thousands in student debt.
I can't believe how many times Gene said fuck in the pod. I tend to swear in everyday speech but I've tried to be better about it. It was the most fucks given on a last stand podcast!

Colin got blackballed years ago cause of his political views which are fiscally conservative; if you've listened his conservatism on social issues has actually softened alot over the years.

People in the industry made up their mind about him and won't reexamine their relationship with him. Not backing down from his views and not engaging with the hate directed towards him pisses other journalists and video game personalities. He's said dumb things in the past but he seems like he has evolved in his thinking.

Just look at the wide range of guests he has on.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Colin one of the only decent voices in the games media, and Iā€™ve spent many many hours listening to him so I gotta call bs on how some try to paint him.

Edit: ^ if anything he seems to be more left leaning these days than anything.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Gene called in to Jaffe's show.

Says game journos shouldn't tell him how to do journalism (20 years proper experience), and that he can't operate the same way as game journos by being an activist (i.e. cancel) just because of a misunderstanding.

sassy snap GIF

Hopefully the end of this mini bullshit saga.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I also think that Colin is not the brightest person, but probably for other reasons than those Twitter people. If I remember correctly, he referred to Microsoft's Play Anywhere initiative as "asinine" - which is all I need to know to conclude that he has no clue what he is talking about.
Colin's an idiot, but these Twitter clowns make me want to like him.

Hunnybun

Colin's an idiot, but these Twitter clowns make me want to like him.

Pretty much. I defend the guy passionately against all the clowns, but he actually grates on me quite a bit.

He's unbelievably sanctimonious and pompous, for a start.

And the way he seems to think he's some kind of workaholic dynamo is frankly laughable. Dude, your job is to talk about games. I don't begrudge you that, but it's the fucking life of riley. And EVEN THEN, like half the time he'll just say he's not been arsed to play games that week or just doesn't fancy such and such massive new title.

I'm like, "sorry, what? You didn't FEEL like playing games this week? When talking about them is your JOB? Well not so much even your job - people LITERALLY donate money to allow you to do this, and you STILL can't bring yourself to play videogames a few hours in a week?"

Nice life if you can get it.

Colin responds to those twitter clowns in this vid @ 21:20. Says Gene's coming back on the show and basically tells all the people talking shit to go fuck themselves.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Colin responds to those twitter clowns in this vid @ 21:20. Says Gene's coming back on the show and basically tells all the people talking shit to go fuck themselves.

I ended up listening to this beyond his respond to the Twitter fiasco. I loved his response to the abortion topic, and this is coming from a pro-life person. This is how we all should discuss issues regardless of what side you fall on and why I always enjoyed Colin on KFG.

The contrast between Colin and Greg is pretty much the stark difference in tolerance and intolerance.

Iā€™ve been listening to his/their stuff for ages.

Iā€™ve never seen or heard them speak negatively about minorities and Iā€™ve certainly not seen them harass anyone.

Whatā€™s the deal with those accusations? Itā€™s the most chill gaming podcast/group around so far as I can tell.

drganon

Iā€™ve never seen or heard them speak negatively about minorities and Iā€™ve certainly not seen them harass anyone.

Whatā€™s the deal with those accusations? Itā€™s the most chill gaming podcast/group around so far as I can tell.
Colin is ever so slightly conservative and made a dad joke about the totally real holiday " international women's day", and the gaming journalism cabal of nutcases will never forgive or forget.

Roufianos

Funny thing is, with Chris, Cog, Gene and Micah, LSM is easily one of the most diverse gaming networks out there.

Top Bottom