• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty - Introducing Last Stand Media (includes new XBOX podcast hosted by MrMattyPlays And Karak)

shouldn't Chris be on it...since he brings up Xbox alot? Good to see another xbox podcast tho. I bounced off the KF one once Alanah left.
Plus it drives me nuts listening to Sacred Symbols, and Colin will be complaining about some thing u can't do on Playstation...and in the back of my mind im always thinking. Xbox can do that. And has done that for years. But Colin is pretty clueless about Xbox.

Karak

Both ACG and Matty make great content, but I just don't associate them with Xbox nor do I see them as Xbox fans.

KF tried the same thing with their Xbox Podcast and it failed, simply because the people doing the podcast aren't really hardcore Xbox fans that are committed to the ecosystem and are biased the way Colin's and KF primary podcasts do.

To really take off you need fanboys to do what they enjoy naturally and these latest Xbox podcats just seem like jobs for which people get cast to pander to an audience that has basically been discarded and disrespected for close to a whole decade and Xbox gamers can see through it right away.
I am...assuming you have NOT seen the podcasts I do then lol :)
As for a fanboy. No I am not that. Fanboys lie to themselves and others, losing any ability to directly contribute to a discussion requiring both discussions of improvement of product as well as focus on a current stable of services and their excellence. Two things I think are vital for Xbox as a fan.

It's my opinion we don't need ANOTHER lying deceitful masturbatory discussion and instead need passion and excitement even in the face of disappointment.
I can offer the latter, I refuse to be involved in the former.

My sincere hope is that people actually want that versus pandering.
Edit...you can probably tell I am anti fanboy lol. But I am sure you get my drift if you have ever seen what I do in other things. As I said on another forum, give it an episode or 2. I can only promise no lies, no PR bullshit, straight up discussion about tech and services, and passion about seeing a competitor.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
I think it's going to be a great mix. I always approve hosts who can look at things with a critical eye much more than someone who is is nearly always positive (while over looking/brushing aside the negatives).

Owning both consoles, now more than ever a nice adult/mature take on both podcasts is exactly what I want.

SpiceRacz

Popped up on my YT feed this morning and listened to it. Good shit. Now I wanna go back and play some fucking Amped.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Just read a polygon article from 2017 about Colin's dad joke that broke up the band.

This is exactly why I don't pay attention to gaming journalists or anything related to it YouTube wise. Greg Miller in particular. That son of a bitch can take his ZombiU score and just eff right off.

I'll subscribe to Colin though and give a like if it means pushing back against the woke mob.

Roufianos

shouldn't Chris be on it...since he brings up Xbox alot? Good to see another xbox podcast tho. I bounced off the KF one once Alanah left.
Plus it drives me nuts listening to Sacred Symbols, and Colin will be complaining about some thing u can't do on Playstation...and in the back of my mind im always thinking. Xbox can do that. And has done that for years. But Colin is pretty clueless about Xbox.

Chris said he wouldn't have the time when Colin first suggested it to him in a podcast.

Komatsu

I can only promise no lies, no PR bullshit, straight up discussion about tech and services, and passion about seeing a competitor.

Any plans on diving on the early days of Xbox as a family of platforms? Lots of low-hanging fruit there, as the OG Xbox is probably the least covered 6th generation platform.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Big fans of Colin and Karak Karak !

Happy for them and wish them success.

If I wasn't already sold on them, all I'd need to know was RE hates them so you know their content is gonna be good.

Karak

Any plans on diving on the early days of Xbox as a family of platforms? Lots of low-hanging fruit there, as the OG Xbox is probably the least covered 6th generation platform.
Of course. I have a signed Brute Force copy. Original xbox is something i talk about on the
my own personal weekly podcast. We also discuss and on the weekly ACGnd episode

AmuroChan

Damn, my man platinum'd DQ11, I got it a week ago but got anxiety to start it up.

Usually happens with huge games like this.

Anyway, glad Last Stand is doing well, these changes make sense.

It's not a particularly tough platinum from a difficulty standpoint. You just need time.

Tutomos

Crazy when Colin left Kinda Funny I thought he was going to have a hard time sustaining a niche PS podcast, but who knew he managed to be one of the largest content creators on Patreon.

AppleBlade

Yes! I'm new to the Xbox ecosystem and I can't get enough Xbox content at the moment. I'll add this to my current rotation of Xcast, Podcast Unlocked, Xbox Empire and Major Nelson's Xbox podcast.

AmuroChan

Crazy when Colin left Kinda Funny I thought he was going to have a hard time sustaining a niche PS podcast, but who knew he managed to be one of the largest content creators on Patreon.

I think that reaction was shared by many if you saw how Twitter and the entire game journalist community dogpiled on him. Fortunately for those of us who are sane, Twitter is not indicative of reality and there is a silent majority out there who do not live in the woke bubble.

JLB

Banned
Congratz on the Xbox show. I watched it today and was super fun.
Just curiosity, but what the hell was that thing on the left of the screen?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
It's not that hard, when it's pretty much the only gaming podcast not ran by a bunch of woke SJWs.

David Jaffe is the only good gaming podcaster out there and he's woke as fuck + he doesn't even have a podcast.

Colin has been running on autopilot for years and his co host might be an AI bot who's been programmed to never form an opinion for himself.

tryDEATH

I am...assuming you have NOT seen the podcasts I do then lol :)
As for a fanboy. No I am not that. Fanboys lie to themselves and others, losing any ability to directly contribute to a discussion requiring both discussions of improvement of product as well as focus on a current stable of services and their excellence. Two things I think are vital for Xbox as a fan.

It's my opinion we don't need ANOTHER lying deceitful masturbatory discussion and instead need passion and excitement even in the face of disappointment.
I can offer the latter, I refuse to be involved in the former.

My sincere hope is that people actually want that versus pandering.
Edit...you can probably tell I am anti fanboy lol. But I am sure you get my drift if you have ever seen what I do in other things. As I said on another forum, give it an episode or 2. I can only promise no lies, no PR bullshit, straight up discussion about tech and services, and passion about seeing a competitor.
No, I have not seen the podcasts you do, but based on your reviews I know you are unbiased and always give you opinion no matter what, which is why I like your reviews.

However, once you do want to do a console/platform centric content show in my opinion I would like to see a genuine fan of that particular console to be part of it not a universal gamer that happens to play a few games on Xbox through out the year while spending a majority of the time on other platforms. Through all your content I never got a vibe that you are either a Sony, Xbox, Nintendo, or PC fanboy which is great for reviews, but these sort of show need a hefty dose fanboyism as it is evident by Colin's, KF's, IGN podcast do.

Yes, in a perfect world you would want a more measured take on things, but this is the social media age where hyping and protecting their brands is king for a fanbas and it has worked tremendously, just look who their viewers are. The majority aren't rational and in most cases are hardcore fanboys that move on sites like GAF, RE, and overflow on Twitter and based on the user bases Xbox has always been the on the receiving end in most cases unjustifiably, because Podcast and game sites drove the negative narrative, while over hyping the competitor so over correcting is necessary at this point to gather a following.

In other words you don't fit that siege mentality that I think is necessary as your above it, which says a lot about you and your integrity and why I will continue to watch your reviews.

• Triggered
Reactions: GHG

VN1X

Banned
Just started watching/listening to the latest Sacred Symbols. Nice to see their faces again. Also as someone who's relatively new to these guys I never knew Chris was a metalhead! Noice.

Is this the main Last Stand Media thread then btw?

Last edited:
I'm watching (well, mostly listening) to the second episode of Defining Duke.

Someone please tell Matt to upgrade his video equipment because it really stands out compared to the pure crispiness of Karak Karak 's setup. :messenger_winking:

Great content!

Sausy1987

Having been out of gaming for roughly 4 years( back in now about 6 months ) having been a gamer all my life( im now 33) I came back in to find a different world in games media . I initially stayed away from Colin's stuff after reading a lot of negative stuff online about him . I think it was a thread on here that kind of showed me the light . Sure Colin has an ego but some the stuff written about him is down right lies and he is one of the few games journalists that doesn't subscribe to the sheep mentality that I think has taken over . He calls it as it is . Iv now even become a Patreon !

Roufianos

Just started watching/listening to the latest Sacred Symbols. Nice to see their faces again. Also as someone who's relatively new to these guys I never knew Chris was a metalhead! Noice.

Is this the main Last Stand Media thread then btw?

This usually is though we could definitely do with an OT if someone wants to make one.

Ogbert

It would be cool to celebrate what is occurring without remembering an ex-girlfriend.
Disagree.

We're in a culture war and CLS' success and growth is important.

Get the fact that its tiresome and it doesn't need to be raised all the time, but we can't just pretend that this isn't a thing.

Very best of luck with it - subscribed.

cd_jakevas

Disagree.

Get the fact that its tiresome and it doesn't need to be raised all the time, but we can't just pretend that this isn't a thing.

I agree with this. If nothing else, its a unspoken but real component.

Excellent, Colin banned one of my accounts cause I got pissed with all the Xbox guys in the comments section of the patreon.... but as I inferred, I have a second account subbed to him anyway.

The Xbox podcast will allow that audience to have their side addressed and stop trolling the Sacred Symbols comments, hopefully.

I've been a huge supporter of Colin since the thing happened with Greg and those, I am so happy that he has gone from success to success and ACG is a great addition to the lineup, all quality people that are very passionate and knowledgeable with specific interests.

This is the funniest shit I've read today.

Karak Karak Congrats man. I'm always down for good gaming content.

The Fartist

Gold Member
2644702-9175347318-Brown.gif
gbPGoub.gif

Reactions: MrS

Karak

Disagree.

Disagree. It had been mentioned 2000 times already lol. In fact I wouldn't have written it if....it hadn't already been mentioned. There was no pretend at all.
You may be in some kind of culture war. I am in a xbox podcast

in fact we look far stupider ignoring the success we happen to be in the middle of, for instance, this podcast and focusing behind us on the situation that is only a narrow focus compared to the wider stake of videogame discussion.
I could celebrate every single happy anniversary by calling an ex and telling them how happy I am. That is however the height of childishness.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Disagree. It had been mentioned 2000 times already lol. In fact I wouldn't have written it if....it hadn't already been mentioned. There was no pretend at all.
You may be in some kind of culture war. I am in a xbox podcast

in fact we look far stupider ignoring the success we happen to be in the middle of, for instance, this podcast and focusing behind us on the situation that is only a narrow focus compared to the wider stake of videogame discussion.
I could celebrate every single happy anniversary by calling an ex and telling them how happy I am. That is however the height of childishness.
You misunderstand me.

Constantly bringing up other sites and individuals is, of course, silly. And boring. And tiring. Although occasionally amusing. We shouldn't do it.

But people are pleased to see CLS grow. They're pleased to see independent, intelligent and enthusiastic videogame critics flourish. There aren't many of them about - and you're one of them.

Plus, you have to admit, if your new girlfriend was super hot, whilst you wouldn't necessarily call the ex every anniversary, you wouldn't mind if she rocked up at the bar to see the two of you enjoying a bean burrito and glass of Chablis. It's the little things...

Best of luck with it.

Karak

You misunderstand me.

Constantly bringing up other sites and individuals is, of course, silly. And boring. And tiring. Although occasionally amusing. We shouldn't do it.

But people are pleased to see CLS grow. They're pleased to see independent, intelligent and enthusiastic videogame critics flourish. There aren't many of them about - and you're one of them.

Plus, you have to admit, if your new girlfriend was super hot, whilst you wouldn't necessarily call the ex every anniversary, you wouldn't mind if she rocked up at the bar to see the two of you enjoying a bean burrito and glass of Chablis. It's the little things...

Best of luck with it.
Yes pleased is the celebration I asked for in the original post and discussed NOT consistently weighing it down and has nothing at all to do with someone else. That was the entire point

Enjay

Banned
There is simply no connection to an Xbox podcast and some other forums. At some point we are, and I mean all gamers EVERYWHERE, are going to have to rise above this petulant shit.
In fact, it wholly lowers the worth of continually connecting to that stuff versus celebrating new content as if its fighting the good fight every single time.
Holy shit nvm not even curious about this podcast anymore.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I actually never owned an Xbox but I've listened to all the shows so far when grinding games. Excellent show and long may it continue. Its nice to be excited by the new gen but not blindly praising the console of choice.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
One of the hosts said that Wendy's was his favorite burger place and 5 Guys burgers were "too wet".

I can't sanction such bafoonery.

Reactions: MrS
Top Bottom