• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clockwork Revolution & Bioshock Infinite trailers side-by-side comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuz

Banned
Wait, those aren't edited?

EDIT: Nah, I think the Bioshock part is edited to match Clockwork. Still, pretty damn similar. Not a bad thing, imho - it's a cool, interesting setting and it's underused.

Last edited:

Kikorin

I tought they looked really similar, but that trailer looks like a plage if not edited. Btw the games will be pretty different if I understood well how Clockwork Revolution will be, so we'll see.

Thief1987

Yeah, seems like trailer editor was heavily inspired by BI trailer or most likely just super lazy. Though doesn't mean that the games will be similar even if they share similar aesthetic.

Spyxos

Well, at least now we know what the next trailers for clockwork will look like. Is the trailer too similar? Yes! Do I still want to play it? Yes!

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I thought they were the trailers side by side and if so that would be insanely too close. It definitely seems to 'borrow' a lot from Bioshock Infinite even if you ignore the steampunk theme.

Wildebeest

When I watched it, I thought it was derivative of Arcanum and Dr Who. People see what they want, and edited videos don't help the case.

ShadowLag

GIF by Tokkingheads

What the fuck? It's a blatant 1:1 ripoff, possibly moreso than one of those Chinese iOS Pokemon clones.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
It’s pathetic and people shrugging at the obvious plagiarism are either blind or pretending to be blind.
It's pathetic that you don't realise that Clockwork Revolution is not an immersive sim, but an action RPG. They are not even in the same genre. Also,
This game is not an immersive sim. The director Chad Moore worked on Arcanum.
image.png

They actually have many more from the Torika team

This is inspired by Arcanum.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
GIF by Tokkingheads

What the fuck? It's a blatant 1:1 ripoff, possibly moreso than one of those Chinese iOS Pokemon clones.
Feels plagiaristic
Shameless ripoff.

Almost every scene is comparable in those trailers. This must be what they call “paying homage” these days
lmao copycat
lol almost the same
Yeah, it's blatant as fuck. People saying "Bioshock didn't invent steampunk" are blind.
actual plagarism, holy FUCK. What a terrible first trailer
We have a lot of experts in GAF here. Bioshock didn't invent steampunk. IGN went hunting for scenes similar to the ones from the trailer. The creators of Clockwork Revolution worked on Arcanum before Bioshock was a thing. Basically,
Steampunk is steampunk basically, omg there’s clocks and gears?

Last edited:
It's pathetic that you don't realise that Clockwork Revolution is not an immersive sim, but am action RPG. They are not even in the same genre. Also,
I mean that line gets pretty fucking blurry. Bioshock Inifinite isn’t even an immersive sim but VtM:B by Troika arguably is. Just because there’s Troika people on it doesn’t mean it won’t be immersive sim in nature.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Editor:

"Ok, so this game has a poster in the trailer. Let me play and scan Bioshock for a poster, cut and paste it at the correlating timestamp"
"Ok, so this game has a lamp in the trailer. Let me play and scan Bioshock for a lamp, cut and paste it at the correlating timestamp"
"Ok, so this game has a clock in the trailer. Let me play scan Bioshock for a clock, cut and paste it at the correlating timestamp"

Holey fuck! Xbox teh drama! How dare M$!!!

Last edited:

Braag

A game with cogs, gears, steam, automatons, monorails, a utopian city and guns. All things that were invented by Bioshock infinite, how dare they be so shameless?!

Kilau

Clockwork Revolution trailer side-by-side comparison to Bioshock Infinite similar looking scenes.​

CamHostage

The creators of Clockwork Revolution worked on Arcanum before Bioshock was a thing.

Ah yes, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, clearly the game which was Bioshock before Bioshock...

images

...OK, I'll be more fair here, the original concept at for Arcanum is more a clear predecessor than the final game.

IYJiKSbJ_2802150822121.jpg

However. I would still not say this new game is that same Arcanum art brought to life; I'd also say that if Clockwork's art style was more like the Arcanum art, comparisons wouldn't have been so easy to make (although there's other frustrating similarities IMO without the video comparison. )

The unique qualities of Clockwork will be made clear in time, but all these similarities should have been red flags to the game producers at multiple phases in the cycle leading up to this trailer that, Uh oh, this clip plays a lot more like a Bioshock Infinite game than it should....

Last edited:

ProtoByte

"New IP"
There's something about Bioshock that seems to make half the developers making first-person action games need to rip it off somehow.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Yeah the look and feel of the game's setting is obviously very very similar to Bioshock Infinite. But whether or not that translates to the games themselves being similar is another matter. CR is supposed to be an RPG.

This is NOT a bioshock infinite trailer. They went in the game to capture as close as possible to Clockwork with the same tempo. Thread title is false.

Steampunk is steampunk basically, omg there’s clocks and gears?
My reaction. Is it edited by IGN to make it match or are they the original trailers?

Okay it seems ign made the bioshock cut to generate ragebait

Eiknarf

Banned
The Atomic Heart trailer looked like a Bioshock game a year ago… but it wasn’t that great. Just regular

If ya'll are pissed off about this, you should see Resistance: Fall of Man compared to Half-Life 2

or Siren compared to Silent Hill
or Resident Evil compared to Alone in the Dark
or inFAMOUS compared to Prototype
or Battleborn compared to Overwatch
or Unreal Tournament compared to Quake III Arena
or Path of Exile compared to Diablo
or Banjo Kazooie compared to Mario 64
or a virtually endless list of other examples

...because then you'd be REALLY pissed.

fatmarco

People saying Steampunk exists and citing "Arcanum", there is an incredible diversity within Steampunk style, yet this looks nothing like the aesthetics of Arcanum, and Arcanum was a fantasy world that had Elves and Orcs, magic etc. and not what this is, which is clearly "Sci Fi".

This games art, genre, and basic concept looks nothing like Arcanum outside of it being in a Steampunk world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom