• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clockwork: Revolution announced by InXile | Xbox Showcase 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
FyXEh1YaQAUsi0I

Clockwork Revolution is a time-bending steampunk first-person RPG. After stumbling across an incredible invention that allows you to travel into the past, you discover the city you call home—the vibrant steam-powered metropolis of Avalon—has been carefully crafted through the alteration of historical events. By traveling back to key moments, your interactions and choices will have a butterfly effect on the deep, narrative-driven world and characters of Avalon, causing them to change and react in unprecedented ways.​

graywolf323

I like InXile but I’m not sure I wanted their take on Bioshock Infinite 😕 I’ll need to see more before I get off the fence one way or the other

GrayChild

The project is led by Game Director Chad Moore and Principal Designer Jason Anderson, who just happen to have created one of the greatest steampunk RPGs of all time—Arcanum.

This is a fantastical, first-person action RPG, with dynamic time-bending combat, deep interconnected roleplaying systems, and the ability to create your own unique character from the ground up.

Best game of the show imo, ll play on my pc
I feel the same way. Avowed looks like shit (hopefully it doesn't play like shit). Hellblade got downgraded visually (still looks great). South of Midnight looked very interesting, but that's a cinematic. Fable looks awful, visually.

But this game...this game surprised me. Not a visual showstopper by any means, but it just looks interesting. Sort of like Dishonored meets Bioshock.

StueyDuck

Love the aesthetic and premise. But if you play with time you must know that I'm gonna hold you to the perfect standard that is majoras mask

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Surprise of the show because new IP. Liked Avowed, but this looked great and a potential hidden gem. First person shooter rpg puts it right at the Deus Ex/System Shock/Bioshock brackets. Its a specific genre of games that is rather underutilized, so a new title in this genre? Heck yeah.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
This Looks REALLY interesting! Is it MS first party? I hope not, would like to play on the PS5 or Switch 2.

True RPG, first person, fairly big budget, time manipulating gameplay?, beautiful artistically, and most important, inXile.

This is going to be awesome, never expected them to be on this showcase, much less to show some gameplay, the game is still 2025, at best, but it's great to see them being able to move from lower budget, isometric games.

This said, i hope that at some point, they keep hiring and manage to raise a second team which will develop isometric RPG's, i love Wastelands

XesqueVara

Today we announced Clockwork Revolution at the Xbox Games Showcase, a fantastical, first-person action RPG, with dynamic time-bending combat, deep interconnected roleplaying systems, and the ability to create your own unique character from the ground up. The project is led by Game Director Chad Moore and Principal Designer Jason Anderson, who just happen to have created one of the greatest steampunk RPGs of all time—Arcanum.
SETTING AND STORY
Clockwork Revolution takes place in the vibrant Victorian-era metropolis of Avalon, where steam trains fly overhead, wealthy industrialists replace their limbs with ornate clockwork prosthetics, and mechanical servants fulfill their masters’ every whim.
But this new age of wonders holds a dark secret—it’s been carefully constructed by the ruthless Lady Ironwood. Through use of a time travel device, she’s changed key moments in Avalon’s history, keeping the working class struggling in the slums and factories, while bringing herself immense wealth and power. That’s where you come in…
TIME TRAVEL AND THE CHRONOMETER
Discovering Ironwood’s scheme, you’ll use a wondrous device known as the Chronometer to travel back in time, choose how to influence the past, and then return to the present to experience the effects of your decisions. Through unprecedented and complex visual and narrative depth, the choices you make on your trips into the past will change the people, the stories, and the city of Avalon itself in extraordinary and (very often) unexpected ways. In Clockwork Revolution we’re pushing roleplaying reactivity to new heights, infused with the unique texture and personality that you’ve come to expect from our games.
This is an exciting project for us at inXile. Not only is Clockwork Revolution our first fully-fledged Xbox Game Studios release, but from start to finish we’re utilizing the resources and support of Microsoft and Xbox to create our studio’s first AAA first-person action RPG. We’re still early in development, but hope you enjoyed this pre-alpha sneak peek, and we look forward to sharing more… in due time.

Studio Head, inXile entertainment

Brian Fargo

SaintALia

SO, do you travel back in time at will, or is it at set points, or like Singularity where you control time in certain situations or..

Man, we really need 'Treehouse' style previews after trailer debuts. Well, I suppose it's just to wait on the gameplay trailers months from now then.

Schmendrick

Looks like a carbon copy of bioshock infinite visually + that time mechanic. Could be great could be terrible.
I'll be keeping an eye on that one.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
"We have Bioshock Infinite at home"
Looks like a complete Bioshock Infinite rip off from an AA team.
Looks like a BioShock ripoff,
Looks like a carbon copy of bioshock infinite visually
This game is not an immersive sim. The director Chad Moore worked on Arcanum.
image.png

They actually have many more from the Torika team

This is inspired by Arcanum.

Last edited:

simpatico

This is wildly close to Infinite, even down to the main character being pulled from it. Everything else about it looks great, and even the art looks great in a vacuum. Hope it sets itself apart with more footage. Pedigree is fantastic. High on my radar now.

Top Bottom