• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cliff Bleszinski: "Just got a text from my lawyer about... LawBreakers. Stay tuned."

winjer

Gold Member
Cliff talks about Lawbreakers as if it's some great classic everyone is waiting for a sequel.
He doesn't realize few care about that game. And that people are only watching him for lols.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Cliff is a mega douche nozzle but I like all of his games. Lawbreakers is no exception. My buddies and I had a blast with it.

To everyone in here calling it a poor man’s overwatch or think this plays like overwatch, you are a retard. It was an arena shooter through and through. Think more like unreal tournament than overwatch.

I blame LB marketing but I also blame every fuck nut who never played who kept saying this shit even to this day. It isn’t remotely like OW other than it has hero characters with different abilities, but that’s it.

Cliff is a mega douche nozzle but I like all of his games. Lawbreakers is no exception. My buddies and I had a blast with it.

To everyone in here calling it a poor man’s overwatch or think this plays like overwatch, you are a retard. It was an arena shooter through and through. Think more like unreal tournament than overwatch.

I blame LB marketing but I also blame every fuck nut who never played who kept saying this shit even to this day. It isn’t remotely like OW other than it has hero characters with different abilities, but that’s it.
And people don't understand that it was in development before Blizzard went public with Overwatch, so to claim it's a copy is somewhat foolish. I'm not sure when CliffyB implemented the different hero classes so I cannot say whether or not there was influence, but I'm doubtful about it. I want the game to make a return as it's old school action, do the right thing Nexon instead of it rotting away on a shelf somewhere.

Neon Xenon

Every time LawBreakers comes up (for better or worse, like an upcoming game being compared to LB and declared dead on arrival), I always think back to playing the Beta for many hours straight and how I actually enjoyed it. But I also think back on being unsure if it was going to make its own niche compared with what else was available at the time and getting a "this isn't going to last long" feeling towards the launch. Particularly when it didn't launch as a free to play title. Overwatch is the obvious comparison point, though the two games were not the same at all, especially not when looking at the gameplay.

Now, if LawBreakers were to somehow make a return, would I play it? Yes, certainly. At the very least, I would check it out. But should it return? I don't know.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
And people don't understand that it was in development before Blizzard went public with Overwatch, so to claim it's a copy is somewhat foolish. I'm not sure when CliffyB implemented the different hero classes so I cannot say whether or not there was influence, but I'm doubtful about it. I want the game to make a return as it's old school action, do the right thing Nexon instead of it rotting away on a shelf somewhere.
Well…Iirc from watching the stream back when it was known as Bluestreak. He took a tour of Blizzard and discussed the black tarps over their work, which was OW at the time. Remember he went around to developers at the time.

He’s got a good arena shooter sitting on a server somewhere. I’d try to bring it back if I was him. All that time, money, and sweat to bring it to life.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Lawbreakers was just the "we have Overwatch at home" meme.
I’d argue that that was Battleborn since those games were truly going after the same niche. (Even going as far gearbox trying to coerce the overwatch fanartists to draw nsfw of their work instead)

Lawbreakers was more like if overwatch and halo had a, absolutely mediocre, baby

Also it had TDM, something that OW1.1 still lacks

Last edited:
Top Bottom