• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Cross Remaster and FFIX Remake leaked on GeForce Now list

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
No Chrono Trigger Remaster means they'll wait for the right time to do a Remake.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
How the hell are they going to manage a IX remake with KH4, FFXVI, CHAOS, and the other nineteen parts of the VIIR on their plates? Hype if true, but like...is Square employing the entirety of Japan?

Pallas

How old is this list exactly? To see Scalebound on it is a bit perplexing, but to also see The Initiative game(but no Perfect Dark?) beside it is weird.

yansolo

Curb Your Enthusiasm Omg GIF

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I really don't think they'll do another rerelease of CT. Maybe a port of the PC/Mobile version on consoles.
Time can only tell what they’ll do. This is Square-Enix we are talking about. The same company that is retelling a 20 year old game. A company that made a Secret of Mana remake in 3D. The one who can completely tear down and build up an award winning franchise with a single entry.
I have to say I’m glad I still own my copy on Nintendo DS. Yes, the console ports are way overdo. It would be their saving grace if they ever managed to butcher a remaster.

Last edited:

Meesh

Nine.
IX.
Niiiiine?
Seriously all my dream is coming true. The whole dream... so far...
Just need a proper OoT and Majoras revisit but that's another discussion.
But hey!!!! Nine everyone, wow.

FF Tactics remaster most relevant thing on that list by far, just hope it's true. Also, give me Vagrant Story, Xenogears and Front Mission 3 while you're at it.

Last edited:
Xenogears Remaster when?

A Remaster is ALL it needs. Remaster the graphics, text, menus, FMVs.. that's all. Sparkling effects, updated sound (7.1 or greater) That is IT. and I would dip and even dip in for other people. I'd buy multiple copies of such a remaster came out on PC. (not Epic exclusive, otherwise o dollars from me)

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Don’t play with my hopes like this.

Dumb question. In case they are real, will be in consoles?
Mobile and PC first seems to be so hot for SQEX right now.

A Remaster is ALL it needs. Remaster the graphics, text, menus, FMVs.. that's all. Sparkling effects, updated sound (7.1 or greater) That is IT. and I would dip and even dip in for other people. I'd buy multiple copies of such a remaster came out on PC. (not Epic exclusive, otherwise o dollars from me)
Some slight fix to that second disc wouldn’t hurt.
Adjusting the game’s text speed, and maybe the frame rate in the platforming sessions to make Tower of Babel a little less obnoxious, wouldn’t either.

SunlitSword

Neo Member
Dragon's Dogma 2 needs to be revealed already. My most hyped game in years. I can't wait to see what Capcom does with the RE Engine in an open world game.

Kuranghi

People got so upset over the Playstation aspect they forgot to actually check the list.
Which includes among others Space Marine 2 (focus home) & Batman: Arkham Knight RTX Remaster

Holy unwanted-batmobile sections Batman, I hope to the lord that they've fixed the issues the base game had, I don't even have an RTX capable card but I'd pay too much money just to have a version that fixes the streaming issues and frametime craziness the original version has.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
IX is the better game, but I think VIII would benefit more from a remake. With the art design of FFIX, I fear a new school remake with modern graphics would ruin the characters and whimsical nature of the game.

Myths

FF9 remake would be such a great move to veer away from XV and VIIR. Also, if for whatever reason the XIV team did it, absolutely sense this would make. But their hands are quite full. Which business unit would be developing this title?

Oh I’m with you. Both V and VI got shafted twice. The first slight was not getting the psp remake treatment that 1, 2, and 4 got. The second was both 3 & 4 getting 3D treatments while 5 & 6 got shit.
It surprises me there was no modding community for those titles. Some model swaps and scripting would’ve been such an allure for the opening of V and VI. Yes, even to just see a III/IV DS style V and VI opening would be amazing.

Last edited:
Same. Even square thinks Vlll is the worse one.
VIII deserves a remake more imo because the battle system needs to be revamped and some story elements could be expanded. IX is so good it doesn't need a remake that much. But hey I'm all for it if they're working on it. If it means they'll flesh out some of the late-game lore, that would be fantastic but I don't think Square will bother, especially with Sakaguchi - the man behind the masterpiece - having left since two decades ago.

Top Bottom