• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chordosis: Unreal Engine 5 alien game made by 1 dude!.

KXVXII9X

Pretty damn cool! One guy made this with Unreal Engine 5 and it's already out for PC.

Adamdubigames.itch.io

I usually hate these kinds of UE5 projects done by one person, but this looks decent. It feels immersive and has a strong atmosphere (sound direction helps). I notice fewer static assets which is always nice. The nice touch with the UI not being a menu is a nice touch. I wish more games implemented better UI and HUD design.

I liked the look of this, but they need to rethink all that physics based stuff. Need to remove all that dragging stuff around to interact.

Garibaldi

But not really.. these people almost always use bought assets.. assets that were made by other people. Exact the same as a big studio paying another company to crest assets.
The engine was built by other people. The days of the true one man band with top end visuals are largely gone these days

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I like these "created by one person" projects that get trumpeted around, I even bought Bright Memory, which some people trumpeted as a sign that small developers would be able to up their production values, but would gloss over that every game using bought (or stolen!) assets would not necessarily make for a rich and fertile soil delivering innovation.

This game looks and sounds great though, I must admit. I wonder if the developer was paid/given free assets & licenses to achieve it as PR for UE5?

It's a very pretty walking simulator. Dude will def. be able to leverage it into a job if he wanted to work for a bigger studio. I'm not super into walking simulator, I think the last one I played and enjoyed was Vanishing of Ethan Carter. That said, not really for me, even if I love the subject matter and idea. Hope he continues working and evolving and growing though.

Top Bottom