• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at the new Lara Croft

FunkMiller

Gold Member
"Lara has become lonely at the top," further adds the script. "The beginning of this next chapter presents Lara with a quintessential adult problem; facing something too big to handle alone. On this new adventure, Lara will encounter a challenge she can only overcome with a team at her side.""

A character in a modern video game being lonely?

That can't possibly any kind of self insert!

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I could have bad news for you. The most recent leak for this game (which included a script for casting) had her teaming up with 2 other playable characters, and there was an implication that one of those characters would take over the franchise :

It's pretty simple. I'm not buying any Tomb Raider game where I'm playing other characters, especially not when those additional protagonists have been force inserted into the game because woke idiots demanded more representation because Laura is so white.

daclynk

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The game will be DOA, and then they will play stupid like they don't know why.

I'm afraid of a repeat of the Saints Row reboot situation where first you had the woke devs insulting the fans for not going along with the changes to the series and then the game became a sales disaster and the studio closed soon after.

Jesb

Previous reboot she looked much better. I don’t know why you gotta keep changing the face up. Just stick to one look. I like how the character of Leon looks mostly the same.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
- still hot…for now
- still has boobs in tight shirt…for now
- still wears short shorts…for now
- still long dark hair in a ponytail…for now
- still the classic akimbo pistol move…for now
- no little trans flag or whatever on the backpack…DLC add on

Fixed

Senua

What a shitty comment. There was nothing dramatic about what I said. It was 100% accurate. That’s a man face, baby! Don’t be a jerk.
Well, from your "i'll pass" comment I assumed you were passing on the game because of her chiseled features, which would be rather dramatic.

Kupfer

Looks good and usable in my eyes.
We'll probably never get a Tomb Raider Witchblade comic version of Lara, but the numbnuts who think the Lara shown looks unattractive or like a man are beyond help.
I'm sure they're the same ones who were upset about Aloy's "beard".

d5eRy0p.jpg

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I may be part of the small minority that actually didn't dislike previous trilogy Lara, but I gotta say this one looks miles better.

Gives OG Lara vibes.

Her face looks waaaay too masculine. Why are western devs so obsessed with portraying women like this? I can't think of anything more insulting to a woman than the implication that femininity is detrimental to strength. We are truly living in a clown world 🤡

Madflavor

She needs bigger lips, her face softened a bit, and tits need to be bigger.

But by 2024 Western Gaming Standards, it's definitely acceptable. It very easily could've been worse. But now we have to wait to see what her in-game model looks like. Looking at the art of this model, this could tip over into Man-Face Syndrome when they transition it to a 3D model.

Boss Mog

After that shit they pulled with the remasters, fuck Crystal Dynamics and their new Tomb Raider game with a seemingly male Lara

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Her face looks waaaay too masculine. Why are western devs so obsessed with portraying women like this? I can't think of anything more insulting to a woman than the implication that femininity is detrimental to strength. We are truly living in a clown world 🤡
Go check out the Crystal Dynamics website. Poke around for a bit..

It might answer a few questions.

To anyone else that thinks we're getting a hardy Tomb Raider in current day

P2fpfcA.gif

I agree though. Dreamings good.

Madflavor

Don't trust Crystal Dynamics at all

Their track record with Tomb Raider games is actually very good. Legend, Anniversary, Underworld, TR13 and Rise of the Tomb Raider were all good/great. Their only real mistake was not following up with Lara's arc from TR13 to Rise, and her character became boring.

hemo memo

Gold Member
- still hot
- still has boobs in tight shirt
- still wears short shorts
- still long dark hair in a ponytail
- still the classic akimbo pistol move
- no little trans flag or whatever on the backpack

Looks great! What's not to love?
Yeah but the question is whether her boobs are going to get smaller every passing day tell release.

Salz01

It actually looks good. Now bring on the game play! Hope they show something at one of June gaming streams…probably the Microsoft one.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Just think about how amazing this is going to make to the 2013 reboot trilogy look in the long run.

Been replaying Rise and the exploration > reward loop + combat is just so damn satisfying. They wont top it. Modern western devs cant top shit nowadays.

Top Bottom