• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CESA 2023: updated sales of additional Nintendo Switch titles

Thanks to users on InstallBase for acquiring the data

Sales numbers from the CESA (Computer Entertainment Suppliers Association) 2023 white book has updated the sales of additional Switch titles as of December 31st 2022, the previous update was as of December 31st 2021 so these are 12 months of additional sales unless stated (some games had more recent updates in Nintendo's Quarterly reports).

Million Sellers updated in CESA white book 2023

Total sales followed by sales added to the total since the last update

Pokémon BD/SP: 15.06m + 140k in 6 months
Splatoon 2: 13.60m + 300k in 6 months
Super Mario Maker 2: 8.42m + 530k
Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening: 6.46m + 380k
Clubhouse Games: 4.64m + 420k
DKC Tropical Freeze: 4.62m + 500k
Mario Tennis Aces: 4.50m + 220k
Kirby Star Allies: 4.38m + 400K
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD: 4.15m + 240k in 9 months
Fire Emblem Three Houses: 4.12m + 300k
1-2 Switch: 3.74m + 110k
Paper Mario Origami King: 3.47m + 130k
Yoshi's Crafted World: 3.35m + 340k
Metroid Dread: 3.04m + 140k in 9 months
Arms: 2.72m + 60k
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: 2.70m + 260k
Mario Golf Super Rush: 2.48m + 130k in 9 months
Pikmin 3 Deluxe: 2.40m + 170k
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker: 2.35m + 220k
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon DX: 1.99m + 100k
Big Brain Academy Brain vs Brain: 1.94m + 350k in 9 months
Xenoblade Chronicles DE: 1.88m + 200k
Miitopia: 1.79m + 110k
Mario Kart Live Home Circuit: 1.73m + 150k
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: 1.60m + 100k
Wario Ware Get it Together!: 1.34m + 70k in 9 months
Astral Chain: 1.33m + 50k
Dr Kawashima's Brain training: 1.27m + 70k
Bayonetta: 1.24m previously > 1.00m
Bayonetta 2: 1.23m + 190k
Game Builder Garage: 1.15m + 90k in 9 months
Shin Megami Tensei 5: 1.10m + 100k in 9 months

Last edited:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has a chance of reaching 3 million and Xenoblade Chronicles DE will definately reach 2 million. Metroid Dread did pass 3 million but won't do much more.

Mr Hyde

Astral Chain only moving 1.3 million is a crime against humanity, given how fucking good that game is. Platinum at its peak in terms of engaging and innovative gameplay, with a fun and wacky story. Had so much fun with it. I wonder if Nintendo feels inclined to give it another go, maybe a sequel for Switch 2. Would be so awesome 😎

Astral Dog

FE 3H passed 4 million

Metroid Dread finally passed 3 million 👍

Bayonetta 1/2 sold almost 200k since it broke a million not bad, i wish it was more but at least its selling,apparently more units than SMT 5

Astral Chain only moving 1.3 million is a crime against humanity, given how fucking good that game is. Platinum at its peak in terms of engaging and innovative gameplay, with a fun and wacky story. Had so much fun with it. I wonder if Nintendo feels inclined to give it another go, maybe a sequel for Switch 2. Would be so awesome 😎
It deserved a lot more than 1.33 million, that's for sure.

Astral Dog

Its a real gem

i think its very possible,1.3M doesn't sound like much these days but it surpassed Nintendo's expectations,and it got very high review scores ,for comparison Nintendo was willing to greenlight Xenoblade and Bayonetta sequels,and they didn't even broke a million in 3 entries, when they want a new brand they show how its done

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Nice to see Metroid Dread pass the 3M mark.
We Did It Sport GIF by WWE

daclynk

So Good to see many game from Platinum Games. Can wait to see what they have for Next Gen Nintendo console.
Astral Chain 2
Bayonetta 4
Bayo Origins 2
New IP.

Hardensoul

So Good to see many game from Platinum Games. Can wait to see what they have for Next Gen Nintendo console.
Astral Chain 2
Bayonetta 4
Bayo Origins 2
New IP.
Seeing low sales of those, saddens me that we may not get sequels. :messenger_face_screaming::messenger_loudly_crying::lollipop_sad_relieved:

Last edited:

Hardensoul

I think with Origins we may not but with Nintendo who know Bayo and Astral Chain we definitely will. They sold more done a million.
I hope Nintendo does keep this strategy to diversify their lineup. Especially more teen to mature titles.

Fbh

Links Awakening is at almost 6.5 million.
Why aren't we getting more 2D Zelda? At $60 and with the production values of an indie game it must have been quite profitable.

Hardensoul

Links Awakening is at almost 6.5 million.
Why aren't we getting more 2D Zelda? At $60 and with the production values of an indie game it must have been quite profitable.
Most likely next Zelda will be 2D releasing between each 3D Zelda. It's been like that, sometimes 1-2 games before 3D mainline Zelda releases.

Edit: We had Link Between Worlds before BotW.

Last edited:
Top Bottom