• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Callisto Protocol story DLC "Final Transmission" comes 27th June

solidus12

Has the game gotten any good with all the patches/upgrades?
I plan to buy Callisto right after I finish my Dead Space remake playthtrough.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Reads like they never addressed the combat mechanics. I get it - it’s hard to re-design a core pillar post launch. But without, this game is really not much fun to play.

jm89

I'm not talking about performance issues, but gameplay adjustments; I heard they added a new dismemberment mode as well as an easier way to dodge attacks.

Imo the dodge mechanic is already easy to use, there isn't much skill to either. Basic rule is don't dodge the same way.

Only doesn't work well when multiple enemies surround you, but even then personally I didn't find it that bad.

raduque

I'm down! I really enjoyed TCP. Kinda sad it got the reception it did, and that it won't get anything past this DLC I bet.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I wanted to like this game so bad. It was gorgeous and so atmospheric.

But holy shit I hated the combat so much. That combat system was mind bogglingly goofy and awkward.

I have no clue why they made it like that... 3rd person survival horror combat has been done before lol, there is a blueprint that already exists. Its like they tried to re-invent the wheel but made it square.

Barakov

I really found playing this game to be a chore. But I'm interested in the story so I'll check out the dlc just to see how it ends. Really wanted to like but it just didn't click with me.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Been waiting for this, I got the season pass when it was on offer.
Game could of been more open like Dead Space but overall I really enjoyed it.

I understand some didn't like it but a lot of them seriously sounded like modern day activists the way they went on and on like it was their sworn duty to tell people they didn't enjoy the game and you really didn't either 🙄

Last edited:
Game was really lacking in combat and enemy variety, but it did some other things really well and they could build off the combat system. The more I played the game, the more I realized how much this game borrowed from TLOU. Some of the death animations in Callistol are very similar to getting killed by a bloater or a clicker.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
It'll be interesting to see how long it is and whether or not this DLC will be worth buying. Will wait for reviews first.

Eiknarf

Imo the dodge mechanic is already easy to use, there isn't much skill to either. Basic rule is don't dodge the same way.

Only doesn't work well when multiple enemies surround you, but even then personally I didn't find it that bad.
They fixed that by having the multiple enemies “wait” or “stand by”

Eiknarf

This game is awesome! Any horror fan would love this , I could barely advance in the game because of the screenshot mode ! The gore is fucking great! If you go in thinking it's just a shooter like Dead space you'll be disapointed because melee is involved! 9/10 game and I don't give 2shits what people say!
Thank you

I’m still, to this day, confused as to why people don’t like the dodge system?? Why? Because other 3rd person games like The Last of Us use the L1 button?

What’s wrong with Callisto Protocol using the L3 “analog thumb stick” to dodge? Isn’t THAT a more natural feeling?

Wanna dodge left!? Move L3 to the left! Wanna dodge right? Move L3 to the right!

It’s totally intuitive

It seems like the game was made for me. I love it and am looking forward to the DLC
(wondering how much it will cost)

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
No Way Ghosts GIF by CBS

FUBARx89

I would be intrested in it, if they didn't cock tease me and act like it was a spiritual successor to Dead Space in trailers.....then it wasn't.

solidus12

Game was -50% on PS store. Got it yesterday. I’ll play it after I finish Dead Space (currently on episode 11)

Hopefully I end up loving the game and get the season pass which is also 50% off.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
How much is the DLC going to cost? Anyone know?
Probably around $15-20. The real question though is - will it be worth it or not? The base game was really disappointing and I doubt that story DLC will change that - only much and MUCH better sequel can do it.

Eiknarf

Probably around $15-20. The real question though is - will it be worth it or not? The base game was really disappointing and I doubt that story DLC will change that - only much and MUCH better sequel can do it.
But for me —- I love the game and gameplay. I find fucking the enemies up to be really satisfying

So reading about the DLC having a new hammer weapon — I’m psyched

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
But for me —- I love the game and gameplay. I find fucking the enemies up to be really satisfying
Well, melee combat is great (but not fully realized), TPS mechanics are good too, visally it looks fantastic as well... but that it's for me.
Even before Dead Space remake was released, the main problem of the CP was that it is very short, extremely linear and with very, very simplistic when it comes to design and after Dead Space remake was rekeased and brought many improvements and changes to original game's design, basically all of the CP problems become even more noticable.

Last edited:
Thank you

I’m still, to this day, confused as to why people don’t like the dodge system?? Why? Because other 3rd person games like The Last of Us use the L1 button?

What’s wrong with Callisto Protocol using the L3 “analog thumb stick” to dodge? Isn’t THAT a more natural feeling?

Wanna dodge left!? Move L3 to the left! Wanna dodge right? Move L3 to the right!

It’s totally intuitive

It seems like the game was made for me. I love it and am looking forward to the DLC
(wondering how much it will cost)

The button used isn't the issue, it's the fact that there's no thought to it. Left. Right. Left. Right. Left. Right.

The Stig

Well, melee combat is great (but not fully realized), TPS mechanics are good too, visally it looks fantastic as well... but that it's for me.
Even before Dead Space remake was released, the main problem of the CP was that it is very short, extremely linear and with very, very simplistic when it comes to design and after Dead Space remake was rekeased and brought many improvements and changes to original game's design, basically all of the CP problems become even more noticable.
very true. the timing of dead space remake's release date did them ZERO favours.

i watched the game as a movie on youtube and i really liked ferris and the shady cabal you meet at the end. id like to see where it was going.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
This gens order 1666.
Didn’t think it was that bad.

Man, what I wouldn't give for a sequel to The order: 1886 that fixes all the problems from the 1st game (namely, QTEs, more/better shootouts, longer game length, a horde mode etc).

Anyway, Callisto is now discounted and I'm actually thinking of getting it since - apparently - they fixed a couple of things and also added some extra stuff .

What to do, what to do...🤔

Last edited:

Eiknarf

This gens order 1666.
Didn’t think it was that bad.
Wasn’t that more of a borderline “rail shooter” ?

I played it twice as soon as I got a PS4 Pro, and saw the potential, but sold it a month later. It felt older and dated - especially compared to how it looked
(it looked great)

So I don’t put Callisto in that same category-

But I kind of like that most people don’t like the Callisto Protocol. It makes it feel to me like I found my “own thing”.

Top Bottom