• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Warzone - 150P / Free to Play / Cross Platform

Gamernyc78

Banned
Yeah, it's a bummer when you find your thousandth Uncommon MG34.

I can't recall, but I think the boxes with rarer loot items actually have a different colour? Don't quote me on that, but if someone else knowledgable could chime in and confirm that'd be great.

I think if I remember the guns glow through the box. I definitely know tht exotics, rares, epics are in there some being green, purple and gold I think. I've gotten some really good shit.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
It could turn the tide if you've got a team-mate who died with you giving you callouts on positions and also lobbing rocks. Gulag is such a neat idea.
I love Gulag because your not fully punished for a bad play on your own end or getting shot rom behind. The game gives you countless times to try to come back in instead of the typical that happens in BR games where people leave right away and wont even wait for you to try to respawn them.

My games I cant fully communicate with my team because im cuddling my 6 month daughter at ngiht when I play, she sleeps in my lap. So yesterdays work around to communciate was hilarious. Both my teammates died and then I squad wiped the guyd who killed them, then over the mic they old me to tea bag the guys if I woudl revive them, so I did. Once revied I would call out enemies just with commands. Then when an enemy was still in the area they told me to shoot once for yes and twice for no lmao good times.

Yeah I've won about 75% of my matches lol I'm not complaining. This BR all around is well done and fun.

Haha, I'm terrible in the Gulag. Hopefully with time my 1v1 game will get better.
I love Gulag because your not fully punished for a bad play on your own end or getting shot rom behind. The game gives you countless times to try to come back in instead of the typical that happens in BR games where people leave right away and wont even wait for you to try to respawn them.

My games I cant fully communicate with my team because im cuddling my 6 month daughter at ngiht when I play, she sleeps in my lap. So yesterdays work around to communciate was hilarious. Both my teammates died and then I squad wiped the guyd who killed them, then over the mic they old me to tea bag the guys if I woudl revive them, so I did. Once revied I would call out enemies just with commands. Then when an enemy was still in the area they told me to shoot once for yes and twice for no lmao good times.

It's all down to your own skill which makes it its own exciting challenge. I think the concept works really well and everyone gets a crack at it which is a nice change of pace rather than being dumped out straight away like in PUBG.

Haha, I admire your creativity for ways to communicate!

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Didn't realize this F2P. I thought you needed to own the game. I'm excited to give this a try now.

Tesseract

Banned
lot of audio skipping on my rig, usually vehicles and indicator effects

audio drivers already updated, maybe it's an nvidia bug

time to update

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
All my friends are on Xbox but I’d like to play on PC. If we do crossplay is it going to drag them into games full of other pc players where they just get balled on?

Or does crossplay keep it pretty well mixed up across platform types?

BigLee74

Not sure I like seeing where the first circle is before you drop. Quite liked the rush to find a vehicle and make it in pubg if you found yourself on wrong side of map.

Life

Having a serious problem with how dark it is inside buildings - mainly when you're outside and the enemy is inside. It's pitch black - while they get a clear view of you.

Also rooftop advantage and ridiculous amounts of staircases are plain dumb. It's fucking battle royale man -not a shooting sim.

Having a serious problem with how dark it is inside buildings - mainly when you're outside and the enemy is inside. It's pitch black - while they get a clear view of you.

Also rooftop advantage and ridiculous amounts of staircases are plain dumb. It's fucking battle royale man -not a shooting sim.
The lighting issues have been prevalent in base Modern Warfare since Day 1. It's a shame they've not done much to tweak it since. Even on an HDR set it's nigh on impossible to differentiate enemies from darkness. Hopefully this is something they can fix.

Life

The lighting issues have been prevalent in base Modern Warfare since Day 1. It's a shame they've not done much to tweak it since. Even on an HDR set it's nigh on impossible to differentiate enemies from darkness. Hopefully this is something they can fix.

Dead easy to fix - a small red light on the front and back of each player that shines in the dark.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Didn't Infinite Warfare have something similar?
So did BLOPS 4. I don’t know if I like it. It makes you feel like you’re playing laser tag. Besides in real life it IS difficult to differentiate between the two.

although I think just making the character models a bit lighter than everything else in the room can be the difference maker.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Funny all these BR games that come out yet PUBG is still leagues better.
From a gameplay perspective I absolutely agree, the rush and tension it provides hasn't been matched by any other BR in my opinion so it's easily my favorite.

But from a technical perspective, I find it to be a mess, especially on consoles. I hope they can eventually sort that part out, but I'm not holding my breath.

Dr.Morris79

It could also be because Microsoft doesn't allow online play in free to play games, and this has cross-play. If that's the case, maybe Activision doesn't want to upset Microsoft.
Ho ho ho, this is Activision. They're getting a bung somewhere for making it 'need' plus.

Wanted to try it out on PC.

"Logging in to Activision account..................................................................................................................................................................................."

Cool.

Texas Pride

Banned
My first impressions of the game are the map isnt big enough for 150 players. Certainly not when you account for respawns throughout the game via buy back and gulag. I practically lived on Blackout and what I see with Warzone is over complication in some areas they could've streamlined and areas they streamlined they could've used more detail on. The guns in MW behave according to the attachments on the weapon. So having pre made weapons that behave differently depending on their rarity/attachments is poor design on their part. Cutting it back to 100 and adding quads could fix the overcrowded feel it has now but that's only half the issue atm.

Last edited:

Shmunter

I’m not convinced the looting in this game is where it needs to be. Feels like loot value, trading it, highlighting it for others, has been made irrelevant here. There seems to be little point especially with the load out drops.

I feel the traditional approach is superior. Rip blackout.

My first impressions of the game are the map isnt big enough for 150 players. Certainly not when you account for respawns throughout the game via buy back and gulag. I practically lived on Blackout and what I see with Warzone is over complication in some areas they could've streamlined and areas they streamlined they could've used more detail on. The guns in MW behave according to the attachments on the weapon. So having pre made weapons that behave differently depending on their rarity/attachments is poor design on their part. Cutting it back to 100 and adding quads could fix the overcrowded feel of has now but that's only half the issue atm.
Crazy talk.....map is easily big enough .
hope they get it to 200.

Texas Pride

Banned
Crazy talk.....map is easily big enough .
hope they get it to 200.

Nah it's not crazy at all. And the fact the circle pops before you hit the ground means they're not even using half the map as is for those 150 people because everyone is gliding toward the initial circle.

Hang on a moment!

All these battle royal games over the years and what not, yet for some reason Sony wont bring back MAG?

Mag and the first Homefront did the mass fps battle royal thing before everyone else.

Last edited:
Got to try it out last night. Was a lot of good fun and quite surprisingly polished. Would be nice to at least pick some attachments up rather than getting "special" weapons from crates though.

Life

Nah it's not crazy at all. And the fact the circle pops before you hit the ground means they're not even using half the map as is for those 150 people because everyone is gliding toward the initial circle.

Agree. Circle needs to be hidden at first and parachuting needs to be cover more distance faster. Also, we need zipline equipment to throw at buildings and connect to rooftops. Taking stairs is a joke.

Shmunter

How do I tell the rarity or current attachments on the gun I’m holding?

The oversimplification of the loot system is a real bummer personally. The survival aspect of a Battle Royale is a real hook that is missing here.

Otherwise the game is awesome in gameplay being MW. But once you simplify, good luck going back in the other direction. Rarely happens - end of an era.

Last edited:
Shmunter Shmunter

Basically basic guns when you loot have a gray circle around them. Green mean they have 1 attachment, Blue is 2 or more, Purple is 4 and Gold/Yellow means the gun is specked out completely.

Agree. Circle needs to be hidden at first and parachuting needs to be cover more distance faster. Also, we need zipline equipment to throw at buildings and connect to rooftops. Taking stairs is a joke.

Actually you are right, I completley forgot that in Blackout there is no circle in the first minute or so, so everyone lands all over the place. Not sure why they chose to reveal the first circle from the get go. One thing tho is you cant glide as far as in Blackout. So I get it, they had wingsuits but thats not a futuristic equipment, there should of been wingsuits or at least able to be bought or earned while playing. Because currently you really cant go from one end to the other once you jump out because you dont have the momentum.

INC

So the meta currently

Jump and do objectives asap, to get loadout drop
IR scopes
Joker rockets
Camp store to buy killstreaks constantly
UAV last circle

Can’t see color of gun in hand? What am I missing?

Before you pick up the gun, each gun has a colored halo around it while its on the ground. You probably havent noticed because most of the guns you do run into are gray colored/default. Wont say the other colors are too rare but you dont see them as much.

MrMephistoX

Played one game, enjoyed it doesn't give me the same feel of pubg buts it something different

I hope they add solos...I enjoy the post apocalyptic feel of me against the world scavenging for weapons, traversing a huge map with infrequent encounters from PUBG but the shooting engine sucks for me. Marrying that vibe with CODs shooting engine would be great!

Texas Pride

Banned

Its a weird decision to instantly cut the map in half by revealing the circle instead of a traditional BR where player engagement is driven by trying to reach the circle.

Top Bottom