• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Warzone - 150P / Free to Play / Cross Platform

Night.Ninja

Banned
Server queue

13 minutes 24 seconds

giphy.gif

Inviusx

I've been having a blast with this, squadding with my 2 buddies. It's the first COD I've played since Blops 2.

The traditional gun unlock system combined with the ability to buy a load out mid match is such a fantastic change. Plus the Gulag and the buy back system makes it an absolute joy to keep fighting till the very end.

I've had several games where only one of us were left, leading to a mad scramble for cash to bring the others back.

Definitely my favorite BR this gen. Easily.

Last edited:

Techies

Its a weird decision to instantly cut the map in half by revealing the circle instead of a traditional BR where player engagement is driven by trying to reach the circle.

I like it, it just adds more options. The helicopters always spawn on the same place, so you can land way outside the circle and easily get inside it again. So you can choose land in the middle and defend, but be joined by other teams and most likely fight it out in the start. Or play around the edge of the gas and move inwards.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Is the Plunder mode good for a party of friends? I've only played a few rounds of Battle Royale.

MMaRsu

Banned
I stayed in a heli for 70% of a solos game, just flew around till the final circle. I landed on a roof when only 4 were alive, popped my uav and killed the last guy alive

rofl so unfair and lame but i wanted to see if I could do it 😂

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Maybe I'm blind, but how do you find out your team's placement in Plunder when the game is over? It just tells me how much cash we collected and ejaculates a whole bunch of XP all over me before returning me to the lobby. I see nothing about placement.

Life

Rooftops seem almost game-breaking man. Imagine this scenario:

You just shot up a team, they all escape the Gulag and find an 18 storey building to parachute on. They collect rooftop weapons etc and have immense height/vision advantage. Any time they feel the heat they can just parachute down to safety.

Climbing up is just ridiculous - and we need ziplines outside the buildings from different directions, or tools to do the same with. There are people who are happy to just sit on a rooftop and do nothing until an easy kill comes along.

It's trash.

KINGMOKU

I cannot believe there is still no squads. Unbelievable.

Every day that goes by, I care less and less about this game. Me and the squad have been continuing to play blackout and now I just wish they would add a new map to that game. I've played a few rounds of warzone and didn't care for it, but I won't know for sure until the team can actually play together.

Feels like ground war with extra steps, not a true BR.

Oh well. Not that I expected much from IW but to still not have squads, and not try and up their game with 5, or even 6 man teams is wierd to me.

Ktsdaddy

What's wrong with groups of 3?

Every day that goes by, I care less and less about this game. Me and the squad have been continuing to play blackout and now I just wish they would add a new map to that game. I've played a few rounds of warzone and didn't care for it, but I won't know for sure until the team can actually play together.

Oh well. Not that I expected much from IW but to still not have squads, and not try and up their game with 5, or even 6 man teams is wierd to me.

KINGMOKU

What's wrong with groups of 3?
I've got 5 dependable guys who have been playing pubg, and blackout since launch now. We are used to quads. One guy drops, another jumps in. The timing has worked for quite some time now.(one works, the other jumps in, e.t.c.)

Here comes Warzone and it reverts back to 3? Get bent. What they should have done is introduce groups of 5, or 6 and promote larger teams for a BR, not take away a player. It's just dumb. I'm not even getting into that it's just multiplayer, really I'm just extremely annoyed that they can't seem to replicate basic functions like 4 person teams when Activision has another COD BR on the market that has it.

"150 players!"

*Teams of 3 only

*Oh here's solos two weeks later

I'm just dumbfounded by it.

TheShocker

I’d really like to see an option to either disable cross play or pick at least console only. It’s pretty obvious when I’m playing against PC players. Not that enjoyable.

The game is trying to fill up 150 people in one lobby. So the number has to be uneven. You cant have a group of 4, how will you end up with 150 in total? So the last group will always suffer with like 1 player only in the group. 5 is possible, 6 no etc. They said they will expand to 200 players so thats when u can get the quads.

Maybe I'm blind, but how do you find out your team's placement in Plunder when the game is over? It just tells me how much cash we collected and ejaculates a whole bunch of XP all over me before returning me to the lobby. I see nothing about placement.
That means that you didnt even finish in the top ten..

Rooftops seem almost game-breaking man. Imagine this scenario:

You just shot up a team, they all escape the Gulag and find an 18 storey building to parachute on. They collect rooftop weapons etc and have immense height/vision advantage. Any time they feel the heat they can just parachute down to safety.

Climbing up is just ridiculous - and we need ziplines outside the buildings from different directions, or tools to do the same with. There are people who are happy to just sit on a rooftop and do nothing until an easy kill comes along.

It's trash.
I agree with ziplines and quick access to rooftops. It would be a nice addition to find some. What I try to do to combat rooftop warriors is collect money and put the kill streaks to use!! Cluster and precision airstrikes tend to clear out the rooftop campers.

Fake

Just let campers live in their rooftops. At least in Pundler mode, they lost much of the match because they don't do objectives.
My place vary between 4th and first.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
I agree with ziplines and quick access to rooftops. It would be a nice addition to find some. What I try to do to combat rooftop warriors is collect money and put the kill streaks to use!! Cluster and precision airstrikes tend to clear out the rooftop campers.

And it’s a lot of fun watching them scatter like cockroaches.

i cant seem to stop the crashing on my PC. CTD with no error message at random intervals. sometimes i'll get 2 mins, sometimes ill get 10 mins in

tried all the random fixes posted online without success. hoping the new nvidia driver from yesterday sorts it out

Last edited:
Top Bottom