• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III | Review Thread

Predict The Final Opencritic/MetaCritic Scores for MWIII

• 30-39%

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • 40-49%

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • 50-59%

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 57 25.8%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 67 30.3%
  • 80-89%

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

havoc00

You can unlock today FOR FREE the NEW Monster Energy Operator skin just by clicking this Activision link and signing to your account.​

exm3cw9bdsjc1.jpeg

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I’ve already beat the campaign in under 6 hours, it is good, we’ve got people saying it’s bad. To be fair the open world missions I have never seen before in a cod game, long term they could be back I think they do no harm.

twilo99

I’ve already beat the campaign in under 6 hours, it is good, we’ve got people saying it’s bad. To be fair the open world missions I have never seen before in a cod game, long term they could be back I think they do no harm.

Did you get the game for the campaign? I'm just curious if people actually care about it enough.. I think I started playing CoD when it was very much all about the multiplayer so I missed the single player glory days

calistan

Just had a game of hc kill confirmed where somebody was wearing the juggernaut gear from the beginning of the match. Then it crashed after about a minute and I got credited with a loss.

Zuzu

The servers are down all around the world. Lots of people's rank has been reset to level 1 and we've lost our loadouts. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

calistan

Those fucking idiots are forcing cross-play even if you want to join people on the same console.
I'd rather have quick matchmaking with the largest possible pool of players.

I've met plenty of players who are better than me, but only one who was probably cheating, and even then I don't know what he was playing on. You only see each player's platform in the lobby, so it's hard to confirm that the guys with the highest k/d are on PC or whatever.

Look at this leaderboard. Not a single one of these could be legit, but I have no idea if they're hackers on PC, if they actually won thousands of games while taking only a single loss, if they exploited a glitch, if they somehow spoofed the leaderboard without actually playing, etc.

NGYuZ4k.jpg

splattered

I dont know if it's the gun, COD servers, my internet... or what? But I'm trying to level the TYR hand gun on 24/7 meat map and my god this thing literally misses shots 9 times out of 10 even point blank. I seem to have to be extremely lucky to get a single shot and only kills if its a headshot. I like the idea of this gun but in practice right now this is insanely annoying.

Calverz

I dont know if it's the gun, COD servers, my internet... or what? But I'm trying to level the TYR hand gun on 24/7 meat map and my god this thing literally misses shots 9 times out of 10 even point blank. I seem to have to be extremely lucky to get a single shot and only kills if its a headshot. I like the idea of this gun but in practice right now this is insanely annoying.
You need to lead your shots with that gun

splattered

You need to lead your shots with that gun

Yeah but I can stand directly in front of someone point at them standing still unload a full clip and maybe one bullet hits. Maybe a head shot, maybe not? Really weird feeling. But fun when the shots land and kill in a single shot.

Calverz

Yeah but I can stand directly in front of someone point at them standing still unload a full clip and maybe one bullet hits. Maybe a head shot, maybe not? Really weird feeling. But fun when the shots land and kill in a single shot.
That I can’t explain. But I know that at launch, I had to lead my shots with it. Almost like aiming in front of where they were running. It was actually one of the more fun guns I found levelling up. It does feel satisfying to get the one shot kills

Metaphor cheating? Aim bot snap on controller to a non-existent target or someone far off in the distance that can't be seen? I know Symfuhny snaps to random places on mouse and people say he does it to troll people who think he's cheating.

but this is something else because Metaphor is on controller here.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Metaphor cheating? Aim bot snap on controller to a non-existent target or someone far off in the distance that can't be seen? I know Symfuhny snaps to random places on mouse and people say he does it to troll people who think he's cheating.

but this is something else because Metaphor is on controller here.

I have played COD since the very first one and I know how to abuse rotational aim assist and my aim assist is never as sticky as most of those streamers.

Granted those guys are naturally way better than I am and I know this but I also know many of them have help

Activision knows many of them have help but they are such huge marketing tools things will not get fixed anytime soon

You can always see who is actually good when they have those LAN events and who gets destroyed when they don't have their aids

I have played COD since the very first one and I know how to abuse rotational aim assist and my aim assist is never as sticky as most of those streamers.

Granted those guys are naturally way better than I am and I know this but I also know many of them have help

Activision knows many of them have help but they are such huge marketing tools things will not get fixed anytime soon

You can always see who is actually good when they have those LAN events and who gets destroyed when they don't have their aids
It’s not even about sticky aiming. We all know AA tracks targets. But does it snap to targets against your will? Snap to targets that may not even be there? That clip is SO suspect.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Just had someone go 106-14 in Shipment and I simply couldn't kill him as he run around with an SMG and was head shooting people left and right

Maybe a great great player but watching his kill feeds on me his snapping on people's heads just makes me wonder what fun is it to cheat like that

NickFire

Just had someone go 106-14 in Shipment and I simply couldn't kill him as he run around with an SMG and was head shooting people left and right

Maybe a great great player but watching his kill feeds on me his snapping on people's heads just makes me wonder what fun is it to cheat like that
I had a suspect round this weekend. One dude was just running past me and somehow shooting me without even looking at me.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I had a suspect round this weekend. One dude was just running past me and somehow shooting me without even looking at me.
What's bad is maybe I ran into the best COD player in the world who has the best aim ever but with cheating devices out there I go to thinking they are cheating instead of this person is great

Plus the fact he was like a level 80 something and in no way should he be in my lobby unless he was reverse boosting the previous 20 matches.

twilo99

Reading the patch notes it seems that the MCW got a nice bump.

They reduced the ADS time of both the KATT and the Stalker which is nice... I know people have been wanting that KAR98 feel, maybe the Stalker will feel a bit closer to that now

calistan

Das Haus is total chaos. Running the TAQ Evolvere with a 100-round mag, it's basically keep your finger on the trigger until you die. I think I managed to reload once.

In hardcore mode there were many times when I was basically boxed into the spawn. So many people blocking the narrow doorways, I had to wait until they got shot before I could even move. They might as well just remove all the walls and have everyone going crazy in an empty room.

OMG the Das Haus remake map is GLORIOUS! Great chaotic fun!

Only problem I am having is when I respawn I don't know what side or what room I am in because its all the same color. The original map didn't have this problem because each room was easy to identify. I'm sure over time it will get easier but they sure went with a more clean colored aesthetic.

Top Bottom